• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheTruth

Vote: Raindrop

It goes against my views on day one, but with kokirion as a townie it changes. The evidence is there as shown by others. Even if she is just a noob townie, she is of no use to us. And if she is mafia, great! All she is doing is poorly defending herself in order to stay alive.
I 100% agree with you, and she never posts any usful info. If she is a townie, she's no use.
VOTE:Raindrop14

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ok I now have read through all of the posts and here are my suspicions:

I'm a firm believer in the idea that most of the time it's the quiet ones you've really got to watch for. However, because I don't have any more evidence then that, that is why I only used an IGMEOY instead of a FOS or even a VOTE.

Becuase I just got tossed into this game today, I don't have as much evidence as I would like. But I'm hoping over the course of the next day or so I should have an idea of who to vote for.

My IGMEOY Raindrop14 stands.

Lots of us are being quiet. Like Ninten*, Firevice, and The Truth. But I don't see you accusing them. I know you said that you did an IGMEOY instead of an FOS or VOTE, and that you were tossed into this game suddenly, but what you said still seems scummy.

I'm not gone on kokirion, but I'd rather see him lynched then some other people, so if necessary I will switch my vote. For the time being I'm happier with it on Rishian though.

Why would you rather have seen him lynched than others?

It goes against my views on day one, but with kokirion as a townie it changes. The evidence is there as shown by others. Even if she is just a noob townie, she is of no use to us. And if she is mafia, great! All she is doing is poorly defending herself in order to stay alive.

If I'm a townie then how could I be of no use to the town? Doesn't the town want more town than mafia? How does it change with Koki as a townie?

And now I IGMEOY: Hero of Time, Rishian, jdenicholls

Remember that this is only an IGMEOY not an FOS or a VOTE.

(This is another post, not an edit so please don't modkill me.)

I forgot something in the other post so here it is:

Ok, sorry if this post seems long, but there's a lot of suspicion too.

Ok, we only have 3 days left, and right now I have time. I might not be free some other day, so I'll post my opinion on what's happening. I see that right now, Raindrop is the most suspicious, so I went ahead and looked at her posts, and from what I've read, I believe you guys. Here are her 7 posts, and my thoughts on them:

To go to the post, click on the arrow thing beside'Originally Posted by Raindrop14'.
So in this post, she's obviously trying to change Kokirion's vote against her without saying it. I could tell by this statement 'hopefully we can work out a way to think clearly before randomly assuming.' and also 'Nothing bad against RVS but that is not the best way to win the game.'

Ok, over here, Raindrop is defending herself, and trying to put down suspicion against her.

Now she accuses someone, and that too, her accuser. Also, Koki's post which she is referring to has quite a lot of accusations, and some statements which don't make sense, but she only talks about Koki's accusation on her, not the other suspicions.

Ok, again defending herself. Now she didn't respond to some points that Kokirion made:

* About her being 'wise'. She could have said that she was only stating her opinion.

* About her being neutral. Yes, I know that she did comment it, but all she said is that others are neutral too. She didn't say why she was neutral, and had no opinion in an argument except when it's related to her.

* Why she doesn't contribute to the game. All she said on this is 'You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game' but fact is, there's a lot of things she could comment on. She's only commenting on things which relate to her. Everything else, she doesn't care about. This only tells the town that she's not scum, but it doesn't tell them who she thinks is scum except for Kokirion.

Sorry, but your post in page 7 has no details.

This is her only post which has something said in it which does not relate to her. Also, it does not help the town anyhow.

Raindrop only responds to small portions of people's posts. This is jd's full post:

Raindrop shows jd Meego's post which states that this (I'm assuming a townie's lynch) usually happens in the first day. She moves on to explaining why they voted Kokirion, and then ends her statement by saying that people need to post more so that analyzing them can be easier. Now I don't know how this relates to jd's accusation against Raindrop.

And if we look at GG's post here (too big to quote :P) then, he put many more accusations on her. Raindrop only replied to a small little portion stating that everyone thinks that someone is scum, but no one knows for sure. Reading GG's post, it's main message is that she hasn't contributed too much, and as jd said, her reason for voting is not strong enough, and again, as jd said, she missed the whole point of the post.

It seems like she's trying hard to defend herself, but at the same time missing the whole point of the post. She may be an inexperienced Mafia, but I won't vote her just yet... Keeping this in mind.

FoS: Raindrop

Ok so every where in here are suspicions against me, and no one else when she said she went through the whole thing. That seems pretty scummy to me seeing as it's all about me being scummy. She could just be an aggressive townie but then again trying this hard is a little suspicious.

IGMEOY: zelda_8. Now I might change this to a VOTE later on but I'm not sure yet.

Remember this is IGMEOY not a VOTE or an FOS.

Last edited:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Erm. Well it seems Raindrop is a lot less of a noob than we thought. The post above is pretty good...now I can't say I have many suspicions that will get us anywhere at the moment...I think I'll read through some pages and try to find something.

EBWODP Wait! It says they edited...

Must be a server glitch. Same thing happened to me a few pages back.

Raindrop said:
Why would you rather have seen him lynched than others?

At the time koki looked more suspicious then most of the town. Which is why I would have prefered to see him lynched then others. That's stated explicitly in my posts previous to that one I believe. I changed my opinion of him later though.

Raindrop said:
If I'm a townie then how could I be of no use to the town? Doesn't the town want more town than mafia? How does it change with Koki as a townie?

Townies can be detrimental to the town by behaving in a scummy manner or being distracting without contributing much to scumhunting. Before your last post you weren't really helping the town out too much. Knowing kokirion was a townie it means his allegations can be trusted. It doesn't mean they were right, but it means he was genuinely looking for scum and we can take his posts seriously.

Raindrop said:
Ok so every where in here are suspicions against me, and no one else when she said she went through the whole thing. That seems pretty scummy to me seeing as it's all about me being scummy. She could just be an aggressive townie but then again trying this hard is a little suspicious.

Actually if you read the post it says she went through your posts as you looked the most suspicious at the moment. Are you actually reading the posts you are quoting? Also I don't see why a post questioning you is scummy just because it interprets your posts as being scummy. That to me is just a variation on accusing your accuser.

To my mind you are either mafia on the ropes or a townie who is struggling to defend herself. My vote stands for the time being.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Here is my reply to your post, Raindrop.

I think most of you would try to change a vote that was put against you because I don't think any of us want to get lynched. That's the point of the game, survive.

Yes, you are right, but in my opinion, you are defending yourself a lot, in fact, basically all your posts are of you either defending yourself or accusing your accuser except for one. Now that’s not close to being normal.

I accused my accuser because he was acting suspicious to me.

Here are your accusations:

IMEOY: Kokirion

Because he doesn't have any evidence that I'm scum exept for not posting a lot (which a lot of people do as a beginner because they don't really have anything to say), and RVS in a beginner mafia is not the best way to go, as I said earlier.

and

You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game, and I'm not the only one being neutral here. And I think you're the mafia here, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard to lynch me.

P.S. I'm a she.:)

and also

VOTE:Kokirion

As I said earlier, I think he's scum *see page seven for more details*.

but that doesn't exactly count... anyways, you first IGMEOYed Kokirion because he didn't have enough evidence against you. Fair enough. Then when you vote him, you refer to the post which you made which says that you think he's Mafia only because he's trying to lynch you. I'm doing the same thing, so is jd, and so is GG. does that mean that we all are Mafia? If the whole town goes against you, does that mean that they are all Mafia? No, yet that was basically your only 'evidence' against Kokirion when you voted him. It's just a few grains of sand. It's not strong enough, defiantly not strong enough for a vote.

Just because I don't comment on anything doesn't mean I'm scum. Other people aren't commenting on a lot of stuff too but you don't attack them for it.

That's because when I looked at your posts, I saw that only one of them have nothing related to you. The rest were 100% related to you and are filled with you either defending yourself, or accusing Kokirion. You, in reality, haven't contributed anything at all, yet others have contributed something at least.

My post on page seven had details, but I don't think it made any sense.

It made sense, and it did have details, but you were only standing on grains of sand. As I said before, it's not enough for a vote. Not even enough for a solid FoS.

On day two almost everyone posted something that had nothing to do with them, and did not lead the town anywhere.

Yes. I know, but not only in day 2, but also 1, all your posts lead the town nowhere. You were only concentrated on defending yourself again and again.

I did not end it with saying 'if you post more, analyzing can be easier', I ended it saying 'if you were being accused wouldn't you defend yourself'.

No, I was actually talking about Meego’s post, not yours.

Not everyone is contributing a lot here.

Yes, I know, and as jd has said, that’s not really good. Remember this, we aren’t only voting you because you aren’t contributing. We are also voting you because you are acting really suspicious.

Ok, now your next post.

Here is my reasoning for my IGMEOY: zelda_8

She mentioned that I'm the only one inactive when, as I said earlier, I was not the only one. So therefore she did not go through all the posts thouroughly, she only went through mine which doesn't make sense because there are a lot more people in this game to be suspicious of, other than me. Now I didn't VOTE for zelda_8 I just IGMEOY'd her.

Ok, Raindrop, can you please tell me where in my last post have I said that you are inactive? All I have said that you are not contributing, I never said that you are inactive. You are active, but only when you are being accused. Please read through my posts thoroughly. Also, I went through your posts because...

I see that right now, Raindrop is the most suspicious, so I went ahead and looked at her posts, and from what I've read, I believe you guys.

This is why. Again, read my posts thoroughly next time.

Ok, what I was going to say about you next post after that, jd has already said. Raindrop, my first post was not only to point out suspicion towards you. The main point was to see how you will react with all this accusation going against you. If every post you do is to defend yourself, and how will you react when you are about to be lynched? Now my suspicion on you has grown a lot, and I’ve decided who I’ll vote for.

Hmm...interesting development.

I notice this town (like many) seems unsure of itself until someone steps up and places a vote. Today it's been me, but yesterday I think it was Ky or Meego who lead the charge against koki. Now Raindrop has 4 votes, and only two of us have explained ourselves properly. Both Hero of Time and TheTruth have placed their votes without displaying much of their own thinking.

Hero of Time said:

TheTruth said:
I 100% agree with you, and she never posts any usful info. If she is a townie, she's no use.
VOTE:Raindrop14

Now I know this is a noobie game and most scumtells will actually be mistakes made by inexperienced players. That's fine. But there is no excuse for not thinking for yourself. This game is all about logical thinking, reading between the lines and drawing your own conclusion. Unless you are part of the mafia you can trust no-one.

Both of you seem eager to lynch a townie that is "of no use to us", which is ironic seeing as neither of you have posts that contain profound analysis or new leads. You both have accused someone of exactly the thing you yourselves are guilty of. It's probably a case of inexperience in the case of the TheTruth, but Hero of Time you've surely played enough games to know not to do this right now?

Raindrop's probably for the lynch today, but I encourage all of you to have a think about these two players.

FoS: TheTruth and Hero of Time

I read all the posts and collect the information, just when I decide on a vote I don't really post everything I have gathered. It does seem scummy, there's no denying that, but that's just my system.

--Vote Tally--
Raindrop14: 4 (jdenicholls, Hero of Time, TheTruth, zelda_8)

BTW can the cOp tell who the players role was?
Just realized I never answered what you were REALLY asking...

The cop is free to claim whatever they want in the thread, but all rules apply, meaning they cannot post a screenshot. Additionally, since claiming they are the cop and have investigated certain people can be read by anyone, it is almost certain death as they will be targeted by the Mafia that night for sure. Even if the Doctor protects them (provided THEY'RE still alive), the Mafia will target them next night, and the Doctor cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

Remember that this is only an IGMEOY not an FOS or a VOTE.
You don't need to continually say this, as it should be obvious. If someone does make the mistake either out of a lack of knowledge or misreading, you can always correct them. ;)

EBWODP Wait! It says they edited...
Actually it was an EBWODP:

(This is another post, not an edit so please don't modkill me.)
Raindrop, I PMed you asking if you did it on purpose or not before I noticed this, so disregard my PM if you see this first. In the future, you can simply type EBWODP, which means Edit By Way of Double Post, meaning the post was a second post meant to add on to the first, whether the board merged it or not. ;)

Bringing this up briefly... It is a tactic to eliminate townies who do not seem to contribute or seem to behave oddly. This is done often because, well, someone needs to die, so it might as well be someone who does nothing. Additionally, strange or chaotic players can be difficult to read as being townie or mafia, so sometimes people kill them off because they can't tell which it is and they find them dangerous. This can be applied to newbies as well, as newbie mistakes can imply both newbie town or newbie mafia, although given that this is a Beginner's Game... well... :P

That said, it's a somewhat controversial tactic, so it's not absolute. I myself employ it on occasion, but not all the time. Case by case, really.

Last edited:

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Hmm...interesting development.

I notice this town (like many) seems unsure of itself until someone steps up and places a vote. Today it's been me, but yesterday I think it was Ky or Meego who lead the charge against koki. Now Raindrop has 4 votes, and only two of us have explained ourselves properly. Both Hero of Time and TheTruth have placed their votes without displaying much of their own thinking.

Now I know this is a noobie game and most scumtells will actually be mistakes made by inexperienced players. That's fine. But there is no excuse for not thinking for yourself. This game is all about logical thinking, reading between the lines and drawing your own conclusion. Unless you are part of the mafia you can trust no-one.

Both of you seem eager to lynch a townie that is "of no use to us", which is ironic seeing as neither of you have posts that contain profound analysis or new leads. You both have accused someone of exactly the thing you yourselves are guilty of. It's probably a case of inexperience in the case of the TheTruth, but Hero of Time you've surely played enough games to know not to do this right now?

Raindrop's probably for the lynch today, but I encourage all of you to have a think about these two players.

FoS: TheTruth and Hero of Time

I agree that both of them just bandwaged on the lynch but are they scum or lazy townies.
IGMEOY: HoT
I find TheTruth suspicious and all my pieces fit in together. Here is my theory:

TheTruth was very active on the first day and attracted too much attention so the mafia told him to quiet down and keep a low profile and on Day 2 he posted twice. Once congradulating the docter and one voting for Raindrop just seeing an oppurtunity to vote. I still find Raindrop suspicious and I realize I might get nighkilled but I must go with my instinct.

VOTE:TheTruth

I've decided I'd rather see The Truth lynched then Raindrop. I don't think she has defended herself amazingly, but I'm more willing to put down her mistakes to inexperience then bad intentions. Granted I did spend a lot of time criticising Raindrop but that was an attempt to stimulate discussion as much as it was an interrogation of Raindrop. I am still suspicious of her, but to me TheTruth's posting frequency and the context of his posts make him a more likely mafioso. He has definitely jumped on the bandwagon after keeping his head down. Perhaps this was a sensible attempt by him not to attract any more attention to himself, but it makes me a bit suspicious of him. To me he is more of a liability then Raindrop, which is why I'm switching my vote.

Vote: TheTruth

It's now 3-2. What happens if there is a tie?

EBWODP, and in case it wasn't implied Unvote: Raindrop

T

TheTruth

Should I say I have an essay to write, so I won't be posting much.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
At the time koki looked more suspicious then most of the town. Which is why I would have prefered to see him lynched then others. That's stated explicitly in my posts previous to that one I believe. I changed my opinion of him later though.

Townies can be detrimental to the town by behaving in a scummy manner or being distracting without contributing much to scumhunting. Before your last post you weren't really helping the town out too much. Knowing kokirion was a townie it means his allegations can be trusted. It doesn't mean they were right, but it means he was genuinely looking for scum and we can take his posts seriously.

Actually if you read the post it says she went through your posts as you looked the most suspicious at the moment. Are you actually reading the posts you are quoting? Also I don't see why a post questioning you is scummy just because it interprets your posts as being scummy. That to me is just a variation on accusing your accuser.

Ok that makes sense.

Well I think I'm sort of suspicious of The Truth then, because he hasn't been scumhunting.

If the town want scumhunters then she/he should have looked for more options. Just because she/he thinks I'm the only suspicious one at the moment doesn't mean she/he caould not have read through for more options.

Here is my reply to your post, Raindrop.

Yes, you are right, but in my opinion, you are defending yourself a lot, in fact, basically all your posts are of you either defending yourself or accusing your accuser except for one. Now that’s not close to being normal.

Here are your accusations:

and

and also

but that doesn't exactly count... anyways, you first IGMEOYed Kokirion because he didn't have enough evidence against you. Fair enough. Then when you vote him, you refer to the post which you made which says that you think he's Mafia only because he's trying to lynch you. I'm doing the same thing, so is jd, and so is GG. does that mean that we all are Mafia? If the whole town goes against you, does that mean that they are all Mafia? No, yet that was basically your only 'evidence' against Kokirion when you voted him. It's just a few grains of sand. It's not strong enough, defiantly not strong enough for a vote.

That's because when I looked at your posts, I saw that only one of them have nothing related to you. The rest were 100% related to you and are filled with you either defending yourself, or accusing Kokirion. You, in reality, haven't contributed anything at all, yet others have contributed something at least.

It made sense, and it did have details, but you were only standing on grains of sand. As I said before, it's not enough for a vote. Not even enough for a solid FoS.

Yes. I know, but not only in day 2, but also 1, all your posts lead the town nowhere. You were only concentrated on defending yourself again and again.

No, I was actually talking about Meego’s post, not yours.

Yes, I know, and as jd has said, that’s not really good. Remember this, we aren’t only voting you because you aren’t contributing. We are also voting you because you are acting really suspicious.

Ok, now your next post.

Ok, Raindrop, can you please tell me where in my last post have I said that you are inactive? All I have said that you are not contributing, I never said that you are inactive. You are active, but only when you are being accused. Please read through my posts thoroughly. Also, I went through your posts because...

This is why. Again, read my posts thoroughly next time.

Ok, what I was going to say about you next post after that, jd has already said. Raindrop, my first post was not only to point out suspicion towards you. The main point was to see how you will react with all this accusation going against you. If every post you do is to defend yourself, and how will you react when you are about to be lynched? Now my suspicion on you has grown a lot, and I’ve decided who I’ll vote for.

I'm not much of a talker in real life or games like these unless it has to do with me. Ask SuperSilly if you want proof.

What are your reasons for voting for me? I know you said that you are suspicious because I'm only posting when I'm being accused but if you ask SuperSilly then she'll tell you that I don't talk a lot unless it has to do with something about me.

What about TheTruth? She/he hasn't done anything to help a lot.

Most of us here, when we vote, only stand on grains of sand. Like TheTruth, he/she only voted on your opinions, not her/his.

As I said, ask SuperSilly if I talk a lot.

ok. Sorry.

Right now I think TheTruth, Hero of Time, and you are acting suspicious. As jd said, TheTruth and Hero of Time aren't voting based on their opinions. They aren't posting theyre thoughts. And again, I don't think that a townie would try this hard to lynch someone unless they knew who they were.

Sorry, I was realy tired at the time I read it.

You should also look for more scum if your a scumhunter.

Again, ask SuperSilly (sorry if repeating this annoys you).

VOTE: zelda_8

EBWODP: I will not be posting for a while due to my sister's bithday.

Please mind the proper format, jdenicholls. "Unvote" first. ;)

Apologies sir, I forgot :P

EBWODP: Just a note Raindrop. I won't bother commenting on your or Zelda_8's posts because I've said enough about it already. But you might consider the wisdom of a tactical vote for TheTruth in order to get him lynched instead of you.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
If the town want scumhunters then she/he should have looked for more options. Just because she/he thinks I'm the only suspicious one at the moment doesn't mean she/he caould not have read through for more options.

I believe that that is part of the promblem. Too many people are just going along with the popular opinion to "blend in" and won't be the first person to vote. They need to know that we can only move forward in the game if they are active and think for themselves. That's why only a handful of people are progressing the game being the first to vote and not caring to blend in and go with the popular vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom