• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magatha

Magatha
Same here. Atleast nobody died tonight. If the doctor or the cop is killed by the Mafia, do we townies know that the cop or doctor died?

And good argument, Kybyrian.
There's only one thing that I want to point out right now. jdenicholls is striking me as sort of an odd ball out. He's the all-around good guy in this game. Townie to most of you, I'm sure. Think about what he's saying though... from the beginning he was saying that he didn't think that kokirion was scum, regardless of the evidence that was presented against him. He didn't defend him enough to stick out nor did he push against him. His statement that he didn't think kokirion was scum and the fact that kokirion appeared townie makes him seem good, but he was so sure of kokirion. He didn't even present information that led to his thoughts, and we were presenting information that led to the opposite by the pound. Nobody can be that sure of a player unless they are the cop or mafia, and the cop is ruled out because it was only day 1.
IGMEOY jdenicholls

I know both of these questions were answered but to elaborate specifics:

BTW can the cOp tell who the players role was?

Ebwodp, the person s/he night searched
The abilities of the roles are stated in the first post of this thread, but to elaborate how it works... The Cop basically PMs me someone's username, and I tell them what their role is, unless it's the Godfather they picked, in which case I basically lie and tell them it was a Townie (because the Godfather is Cop-immune). :P

Same here. Atleast nobody died tonight. If the doctor or the cop is killed by the Mafia, do we townies know that the cop or doctor died?
If anyone dies, whether they were lynched, nightkilled, or modkilled (for inactivity or cheating), I make a post stating what their role was to everyone who's playing. ;)

Day 1 didn't go so smoothly, but at least the night did.

There's only one thing that I want to point out right now. jdenicholls is striking me as sort of an odd ball out. He's the all-around good guy in this game. Townie to most of you, I'm sure. Think about what he's saying though... from the beginning he was saying that he didn't think that kokirion was scum, regardless of the evidence that was presented against him. He didn't defend him enough to stick out nor did he push against him. His statement that he didn't think kokirion was scum and the fact that kokirion appeared townie makes him seem good, but he was so sure of kokirion. He didn't even present information that led to his thoughts, and we were presenting information that led to the opposite by the pound. Nobody can be that sure of a player unless they are the cop or mafia, and the cop is ruled out because it was only day 1.

Those are some fair points, so I'll try and answer them as best I can.

To me kokirion was operating a fairly risky strategy. As most of us are beginners here I would expect the mafia to be exceedingly cautious. True enough there were some silly things that kokirion did that would count as evidence against him, but to me he seemed far too smart a player to do that if he was mafia. Of course he may have been going for the double bluff, but my money was on him not being scum.

Towards the end what struck me about his attitude to getting lynched was a sense of resignation. Mafia usually fight their corner until the end, even if they have a number of votes against them, because they have nothing to lose. Kokirion gave up after he had 3 votes on him, and since he wasn't bothering to defend himself and the town seemed happy to jump on the bandwagon I did not see the point in defending him.

To me kokirion was an easy victim and if I truly was mafia it would make sense for me to have jumped on the bandwagon. Hell, I wouldn't even have needed to argue it, just voted and said words to the effect of "I agree with Kybyrian", which is what a fair few people did towards the end. Instead I voted for Rishian, because I found him far more suspicious and reckoned him to be a better lynch for the town.

I didn't know kokirion wasn't scum, but towards the end I was probably 80% sure. Call that being a good judge of character.

T

TheTruth

Sorry I haven't been posting, I haven't found anything to say recently (I'm not good with words).Hope that will put down peoples suspicions.:)

This makes me a little, suspicous. Not to much, but this is a little, unnessasary. If your a mafia, then you'd want to be, kinda hidden from all other players. But this might be a newbie mistake, so i'd sy 60-40 chance of her being mafia.

Ebwodp, what happens when you kill the godfather, if you can?

EBWODP Having gone back and reviewed the posts leading up to the lynching.

Ninten* said:
You hardly have any backing to say that Raindrop is an OK lynch. You can't just vote when there's little to no evidence. After all, this whole Raindrop thing started after one RsV. Maybe you mean that lynching Raindrop is OK for the Mafia.

VOTE: Kokirion

Seems to imply you voted for kokirion purely for his RVS, which he then backed up somewhat by Raindrop's response to it. It was a suspicious move, but so suspicious it warranted a vote? Probably not. I feel you kind of jumped on the bandwagon on this, and your general play encourages me you are not really thinking for yourself, or at least not wanting to stand out with your own opinions.

Fire vs Ice said:
Now on to my actual post. For some reason kokirion isn't paying mind that I have an IGMEOY on him. Mosts of his posts are suspicions that are for idiotic reasons. If you lurk you're most likely scum? Some of the most active players are scum. He's told Kyby that he's mostly telling people how the game works. If anyone, you should be saying that about yourself. Just look at your posts. Most of them are advice for others. You seem to be only paying attention to the players that you actually think are acting suspicious or are agreeing with you, not everyone. You're not even attempting to defend yourself against me. Do you think that there are only 3 or 4 players in this game that matter? And when you actually defend yourself you do so by calling your accuser's post trash? It's like you just can't think of a good way to defend in a somewhat decent way. You're making yourself more suspicious in the long run.

Vote: kokirion

A well argued post. I disagree with some points here, but at least it's well thought out and seems to indicate you are genuinely looking for scum rather than lynching haphazardly. For the moment I'm not too worried about you being scum.

Rishian said:
Well, alright, you can believe what you will, I know nothing I say will cause you to not be suspicious of me. However, I am going to have to agree with some of the others in this game at this point..

I'm so sorry,
VOTE: Kokirion

Jumping on the old bandwagon.

Hero of Time said:
Kokirion seems quite scummy. However if he is a townie, we lost a very good scumhunter. But there is plenty of people that can hunt for scum so it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Vote: kokirion

Same here. But this is pretty normal for Hero of Time. He doesn't post a lot of in-depth analysis, just lurks in the shadows, pops out every so often to vote and goes back. Which is pretty scummy, but that's his playstyle so I'd be hesitant to lynch him for it.

Raindrop said:
You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game, and I'm not the only one being neutral here. And I think you're the mafia here, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard to lynch me.

A poor argument. As I said previously, unless kokirion was a fool (which he clearly wasn't - to me he seemed like a smart guy who just did not present his arguments clearly enough) there were far better targets to pick on then you. Anyone could have hassled The Truth and got him lynched, and in fact the likes of Zelda_8, Green Goron, Meego and Me did grill him a bit before deciding he was just inexperienced. But mafia will be looking for easily provable lynches, not ones they have to work at.

Zelda_8 said:
Actually, I don't agree on Kokirion's lynching, but maybe that's just because I know him nicely. The way he acted is completely normal from the way he always acts. He just stuck to his regular beliefs on the Mafia's behavior. If I didn't know all this, I've got to admit, I would also have been suspicious of Kokirion. And Ky, the question you brought up is also something to think about...

I didn't see you jumping to his defence at any point before he was lynched though. Seems to me you are trying to fit in here.

I've already given people my thoughts on Meego and Ky in previous posts, but at the moment here are my suspicions.

IGMEOY: Ninten*, Rishian, Raindrop, Zelda_8

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Actually, I don't agree on Kokirion's lynching, but maybe that's just because I know him nicely. The way he acted is completely normal from the way he always acts. He just stuck to his regular beliefs on the Mafia's behavior. If I didn't know all this, I've got to admit, I would also have been suspicious of Kokirion. And Ky, the question you brought up is also something to think about..
I didn't see you jumping to his defence at any point before he was lynched though. Seems to me you are trying to fit in here.

I've already given people my thoughts on Meego and Ky in previous posts, but at the moment here are my suspicions.

IGMEOY: Ninten*, Rishian, Raindrop, Zelda_8

Sorry for not posting too much lately. I was busy with homework. I'm done reading all those pages. I've got to give credit to the Doctor for helping us. I wonder who was going to be nightkilled anyways... :hmm:

Anyways, I agree with TheTruth on this. If Ky, Meego, and/or jd are part of the Mafia, then we are in a big trouble. We should all form our own theories, and try to stay away from jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not saying that Ky, Meego, and jd are Mafia, but if they are, then we aren't too safe.

Actually, I don't agree on Kokirion's lynching, but maybe that's just because I know him nicely. The way he acted is completely normal from the way he always acts. He just stuck to his regular beliefs on the Mafia's behavior. If I didn't know all this, I've got to admit, I would also have been suspicious of Kokirion. And Ky, the question you brought up is also something to think about...

As I have said, I was busy. I had to read all those pages, meaning that I wasn't updated to what was happening in Mafia. I didn't know about Kokirion's lynch until I finally read the thread this weekend, but I was a bit to late to state my opinion on this matter. How could I have tried to help Kokirion?

Anyways, the rest of your arguments are quite good. It is something to keep in mind later on.

Right now, I have no suspicion on anyone. I'll reread Kokirion's lynching again later on, to see if anything catches my eye this time.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been a little busy. Yay! The doctor saved someone!:) But, boo hoo for a townie gone.:( Oh well. Hopefully we make the right decision today about who gets lynched.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
On the first day this usually happens. It is hard to gain suspicions on someone and a lynch is the way forward. Koki was a townie, but he was acting suspicious so we took a chance. There aren't many mafia in here and in this beginner's game it is hard to tell what is beginner's mistakes and what it mafia suspicions. So, we need to make good observations like stated before. And people need to post. Then and only then we can move forward.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been a little busy. Yay! The doctor saved someone!:) But, boo hoo for a townie gone.:( Oh well. Hopefully we make the right decision today about who gets lynched.

This has been very similar to sentiments in Raindrop's other posts. Either she is being very passive or she has no wish to actually hunt scum herself. She isn't leading the town anywhere useful.

FoS: Raindrop

Kybyrian

I believe I stated earlier in this thread that I had a gut feeling about Rishian, and I'd like to act on that, but unfortunately Rishian is not here right now. I guess that will have to wait...

Other than Rishian, the only person that I find even a bit suspicious at the moment is Raindrop. I think most of it can be explained by inexperience, but best to never let your guard down. It's hard to get really involved in a game when you're a beginner or really don't know what's going on.

To be honest I'm a little dubious about all this "It's hard to get involved in a game if you're a beginner". I joined the end of Game 4 and while I definitely made a fair few mistakes I was a perfectly competent player from the outset. All you have to do is read Axle's beginners guide, have a brief look round the mafia wiki, then read through the posts and comment on what you see. It really is that simple. It's also worth reading through an old game (in this case Mafia 4) to get a good example of how a real game works. Now that game is finished you can even read it with the benefit of knowing who plays what role and see how the puzzle fits together.

It's now day 2 and people should have got a grip on the game by now. For at least half the players here this is their second game, so we shouldn't put too many things down to inexperience.

Kybyrian

To be honest I'm a little dubious about all this "It's hard to get involved in a game if you're a beginner". I joined the end of Game 4 and while I definitely made a fair few mistakes I was a perfectly competent player from the outset. All you have to do is read Axle's beginners guide, have a brief look round the mafia wiki, then read through the posts and comment on what you see. It really is that simple. It's also worth reading through an old game (in this case Mafia 4) to get a good example of how a real game works. Now that game is finished you can even read it with the benefit of knowing who plays what role and see how the puzzle fits together.

It's now day 2 and people should have got a grip on the game by now. For at least half the players here this is their second game, so we shouldn't put too many things down to inexperience.

It's harder for some people than it is others. I can tell you pick up the game rather easily. Raindrop has had the whole newbie look to me this entire game, though, but like I said, that still shouldn't put aside anything for sure.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I went back and reread a little of the first day and found Raindrop suspicious
Ok first post.:) Well one vote against me but hopefully we can work out a way to think clearly before randomly assuming.:D Nothing bad against RVS but that is not the best way to win the game.:)
Here she just says that RVS isn't a good way to go

Sorry I haven't been posting, I haven't found anything to say recently (I'm not good with words). Hope that will put down peoples suspicions.:)

Now she says the reason behind her not posting was because she didn't have anything to say

IMEOY: Kokirion

Because he doesn't have any evidence that I'm scum exept for not posting a lot (which a lot of people do as a beginner because they don't really have anything to say), and RVS in a beginner mafia is not the best way to go, as I said earlier.

It's clear she IGMEOY kokirion because he RVS's her

You can't expect beginners to do a lot in a beginner game, and I'm not the only one being neutral here. And I think you're the mafia here, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard to lynch me.

P.S. I'm a she.:)

Accusing her accusers

VOTE:Kokirion

As I said earlier, I think he's scum *see page seven for more details*.

The only evidence she gives is that she THINKS he is scum and tells us to look at page 7 for her reasoning. Not a good explanation in my opinion

Again apologizing for not posting and stating the obvious and that she hopes we make the right decision.
FoS: Raindrop

Also IGMEOY: TheTruth
He was the (second?) most active poster in the first day posting several times a day. It's been about 2 days since Day 2 and he's only posted twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom