• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
=======================================

During the night, the townsfolk did their best to sleep and rest, realizing they would need it in the coming morning. But it was difficult. Anxiety gripped them all through the night. The ones who had killed the rest of the people clearly were powerful if the were able to wipe out so much of the town, and they were skilled as well if they were able to leave that message on Kokirion's body when no one was around to witness them. Many of them were concerned that the night would bring more murders by the mysterious killers...

But to their surprise, none came. When the sun crept up over the horizon and the townsfolk gathered in the town square once again, they were all accounted for. It was impossible that no one had been attacked in the night. Someone must have been saved before they could die.

Day 2 begins.

--Players Alive: 13--
jedizora
Kybyrian
Soldier of Link
jdenicholls
Raindrop14
Ninten*
Magatha
zelda_8
FirevsIce
TheTruth
Meego7
Hero of Time
green goron

--Players Dead: 1--
kokirion: Townie

7 votes needed for a majority lynch. 3 Mafia remain. Day 2 ends on the 26th.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
That's good. Looks like the Doctor came in and protected someone some-one from the night-kill. Unless they protected a Mafia or SK from the Vigilante or anything like that. Is there a vigilante?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
That's good. Looks like the Doctor came in and protected someone some-one from the night-kill. Unless they protected a Mafia or SK from the Vigilante or anything like that. Is there a vigilante?
Read the first post again.

Now, with Kokirion flipped as town, you should have all gone back and reread Day 1, or reread your notes (hopefully you're all taking notes on how people are acting, reacting and voting).
Ask yourselves this: Do you think scum was on Kokirion's lynch?
If yes, do you think Mafia would lead the charge against Kokirion and stick their necks out and try to gain easy 'town-cred'?
Do you think they'd just put their vote on in the middle of the wagon? Or do you think they'd be the ones casting the final votes and ending the day?
If no, than you have a small pool of players (the people who did not vote for Kokirion) to look at. Go back to Day 1, and reread their posts.

Either way, your list of potential scum should be starting to form now. Once you have your top suspects, don't just FOS them. That doesn't do anything. Work towards getting information out them, and figuring out if they are scum or town.

^ What Viral said.

Also, Rishian will be on vacation for a little bit, so while he may try to log on on occasion he won't be too active until he gets back. ;)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Okay, well at least we didn't lose any more townies than we needed to. And oh yeah, Rish heads off to Vegas today. Some observation now.

Well nice job doctor. But I guess we need to lynch with a tad more caution(myself included). I'll come back later with some suspicions.

At the end of the day you can only lynch people who act suspiciously. It may be that town members act foolishly and get themselves needlessly lynched, but this serves as a message to townies that you must be careful to not draw suspicions upon yourself so that we can better work out who the scum are. By the end of day 1 I didn't support kokirion's lynching but it's obvious why it happened. In my view Kybyrian wasn't wrong to lead the charge against him, so I don't suspect him even though kokirion turned out to be innocent. It would have been stupid for the mafia to vote after kokirion picked up more than 3 votes because it was evident he was going to get lynched, so I reckon voters 2, 3 and 4 are more likely scum than those last few votes. But then again anything is possible, as you can't rely on the mafia making sensible decisions, especially in a beginner game. I'm off out for the weekend but I'll be back Sunday afternoon to do some reading, after which I'll elaborate more into who seems scummy to me.

Kybyrian

Day 1 didn't go so smoothly, but at least the night did.

There's only one thing that I want to point out right now. jdenicholls is striking me as sort of an odd ball out. He's the all-around good guy in this game. Townie to most of you, I'm sure. Think about what he's saying though... from the beginning he was saying that he didn't think that kokirion was scum, regardless of the evidence that was presented against him. He didn't defend him enough to stick out nor did he push against him. His statement that he didn't think kokirion was scum and the fact that kokirion appeared townie makes him seem good, but he was so sure of kokirion. He didn't even present information that led to his thoughts, and we were presenting information that led to the opposite by the pound. Nobody can be that sure of a player unless they are the cop or mafia, and the cop is ruled out because it was only day 1.

T

TheTruth

Okay, we're one townie down. We should be alert, because if Ky or Meego are Mafia, we're doomed.
IF they're townie, we have a good chance of winning.
So be careful in lynching.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Sorry for not posting too much lately. I was busy with homework. I'm done reading all those pages. I've got to give credit to the Doctor for helping us. I wonder who was going to be nightkilled anyways... :hmm:

Anyways, I agree with TheTruth on this. If Ky, Meego, and/or jd are part of the Mafia, then we are in a big trouble. We should all form our own theories, and try to stay away from jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not saying that Ky, Meego, and jd are Mafia, but if they are, then we aren't too safe.

Actually, I don't agree on Kokirion's lynching, but maybe that's just because I know him nicely. The way he acted is completely normal from the way he always acts. He just stuck to his regular beliefs on the Mafia's behavior. If I didn't know all this, I've got to admit, I would also have been suspicious of Kokirion. And Ky, the question you brought up is also something to think about...

But to their surprise, none came. When the sun crept up over the horizon and the townsfolk gathered in the town square once again, they were all accounted for. It was impossible that no one had been attacked in the night. Someone must have been saved before they could die.

Alright friends. Mafia were unsuccessful. That's good for the town. Unfortunately it doesn't give you any new leads. but you can now go examine Kokiron's death as well as some of the talk from yesterday about who he suspected, who suspected him, and if anything seemed out of place with him.

Now looking at this quote "Someone must have been saved before they could die" This info gives the doctor valuable information. Potentially the doctor now has a player they can trust, as it is highly unlikely a mafia would try to nightkill one of their own during the night period. Hopefully the cop also received some valuable information. Its important to remember that the godfather would appear 'innocent' if investigated, but there still are 10 other good and truly innocent townies out there.

Start to look for inconsistencies with certain players and question things that do not seem to make sense about their posts. That is my suggestion for the day.

T

TheTruth

BTW can the cOp tell who the players role was?

Ebwodp, the person s/he night searched

green goron

Best of the Gorons
It looks that either the doctor is an experienced player or they just got lucky. Either way no townies were lost during the night. The cop has found someone's identity but due to there being only 3 mafia one being the godfather he/she most likely found a townie. I agree with jdenicholls that the mafia would probably put on the middle votes careful not to put on the first or last vote.

Jedizora

:right:
Well nI'm back. I am going to take a while to read throw the posts, just didn't want to be modkilled for inactivty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom