• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In honor of reaching 50 pages, have a quick summary of what has happened so far.

Included is general info, claims, and important events, but not what people suspect or voted for. This is just to keep people up-to-date. I would recommend reading the thread for a more in-depth analysis. Please let me know if I missed anything important.

GENERAL INFO
We are currently running a vote count to determine who can vote and who cannot. It will likely not be 100% accurate, but should give us a general picture.

There are several specialty accounts. We have seen Spider-Man (who appears to be controlled by several players,) The Scarlet Spider, Jackal, and the Daily Bugle.

CLAIMS
15377 claims a maximum vote limit, and offers to act as a vote dump if people have extra votes.

Exlight claims: that they are in a friendly neighborhood with one other spider-man, that being lynched turns them into a mafia member, that their threshold was halved, and that another negative action was used on them.

Morbid Minish claims: that their actions must be approved by the Jackal, that they are in a PM with the player playing the jackal, that Aaarrrgh is not the jackal, that they are a clone (but not of spiderman,) that they have a chance to die on every even-numbered day, that there may be a drawback to spider-aligned characters that lynch them, and that they have an ability that is very helpful to the town, but has some major drawbacks to themselves. They are looking for a solutions to clone degeneration.

Tevish Szat claims their votes count extra against those with a higher vote threshold than themselves.

Spiritual Mask Salesman claims a standard majority threshold.

Scarlet Spider claims they win if the real spider-man wins.

KoD appears to have an ability that places a vote on the person who voted for them.

Killjoy claims to have a unique threshold.

Mellow Ezlo claims they are not a clone, but are looking for a cure to clone degeneration.

The Daily Bugle claims to have some influence on who gets lynched, and that rubik is a member of the staff.

Aaarrrgh claims to be using a no-lie policy.

Ragnarokio claims their threshold is currently 8.

Funnier6 claims to be a clone, and their true self has white hair.

EVENTS
15377 left the active player pool and went into exile

Laurentus was replaced by Paranoid King due to inactivity

An issue of the daily bugle was released.

In other news, looks like my posts went through. Here they are:
I'm Back!

Hmm, tricky. Do you think the Jackal will try to kill you? After all, you claim to be town-aligned and know their identity. Hypothetically, if someone were to roleblock the jackal, you could out them without a consequence.

View attachment 43971
I assume PK is PariahKing? I haven't played any games with him, but he seems cool.

Cool cool. I can support that.
Vote: Freddeh

I generally click on player's profiles and navigate to postings. There does tend to be other content mixed in, though, so if there's a better way, let me know! (Note: I found the better way. Thanks Killjoy!)

Are private messages a thing in this game? I don't seem to see anything about it in communal abilities. Do players have another way to communicate?

I'm still catching up on the thread, but I'll try to post a synopsis of the major things people have claimed once I catch up.
Oh, bother. I thought I had posted enough outside of the thread that I didn't need to wait for moderator approval on messages. Give me a sec to post elsewhere...

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
this is insanely useful, thanks PK
we can probably use Tevish to test out stuff like when people claim their threshold was altered like me

Not sure how to feel about aaargh claiming a NLP

that's about it I can make out of the claims/speculations
the game feels surprisingly slow and lacking despite of all these things

In honor of reaching 50 pages, have a quick summary of what has happened so far.

Included is general info, claims, and important events, but not what people suspect or voted for. This is just to keep people up-to-date. I would recommend reading the thread for a more in-depth analysis. Please let me know if I missed anything important.

GENERAL INFO
We are currently running a vote count to determine who can vote and who cannot. It will likely not be 100% accurate, but should give us a general picture.

There are several specialty accounts. We have seen Spider-Man (who appears to be controlled by several players,) The Scarlet Spider, Jackal, and the Daily Bugle.

CLAIMS
15377 claims a maximum vote limit, and offers to act as a vote dump if people have extra votes.

Exlight claims: that they are in a friendly neighborhood with one other spider-man, that being lynched turns them into a mafia member, that their threshold was halved, and that another negative action was used on them.

Morbid Minish claims: that their actions must be approved by the Jackal, that they are in a PM with the player playing the jackal, that Aaarrrgh is not the jackal, that they are a clone (but not of spiderman,) that they have a chance to die on every even-numbered day, that there may be a drawback to spider-aligned characters that lynch them, and that they have an ability that is very helpful to the town, but has some major drawbacks to themselves. They are looking for a solutions to clone degeneration.

Tevish Szat claims their votes count extra against those with a higher vote threshold than themselves.

Spiritual Mask Salesman claims a standard majority threshold.

Scarlet Spider claims they win if the real spider-man wins.

KoD appears to have an ability that places a vote on the person who voted for them.

Killjoy claims to have a unique threshold.

Mellow Ezlo claims they are not a clone, but are looking for a cure to clone degeneration.

The Daily Bugle claims to have some influence on who gets lynched, and that rubik is a member of the staff.

Aaarrrgh claims to be using a no-lie policy.

Ragnarokio claims their threshold is currently 8.

Funnier6 claims to be a clone, and their true self has white hair.

EVENTS
15377 left the active player pool and went into exile

Laurentus was replaced by Paranoid King due to inactivity

An issue of the daily bugle was released.
Also, Exlight claims that their role is focused around clones.

This is like that final puzzle piece you find just after you've packed the puzzle away.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Incorrect.

Stan Lee was an actual role in Maximum Carnage: A Spider-Man Mafia
Stan Lee was the example role in Hobgoblin Lives: A Spider-Man Mafia 2
He is also the example role in this game, if you look at Post #....3?4? Something like that. But he was never used as an actual role and an example role at the same time. Roger Stern, the guy who created the Hobgoblin, was a role in ASMM2, which is probably what you are thinking of.

i was confusing them, thanks.

still a possible answer

Asfinyti

aka amber
i mean re:funnier, i obviously haven't played with him much but like to me it reads like he's got a posting restriction
granted he could not and just be pretending to have one (hi tevish) but id guess he probably has one

Ex, I am quite amenable to using my vote to test claims., but to my knowledge no one has claimed a threshold higher than Maj as of yet.

UNVOTE

Sun Fan has shaped up. Maybe he really was just overwhelmed.

Vote: SMS
I rather like this wagon. I haven't played with him much, but I believe the comment from those who have that inactivity in his case is a scum tell. At the very least, it seems like a better wagon than anything involved in the KoD/Rag Deathmatch.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Inactivity itself isn't necessarily a scumtell for SMS, but being present and not saying much is. As far as activity goes, it's hard to say who is inactive and who isn't because even with a fifth as many posts as the top poster, he's still in the upper half in terms of post count.

That said, SMS is someone I haven't really been paying much attention to, which I really should be since he's a hot topic and I correctly scumread him during D1 in the last game.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Hmm, tricky. Do you think the Jackal will try to kill you? After all, you claim to be town-aligned and know their identity. Hypothetically, if someone were to roleblock the jackal, you could out them without a consequence.

I don't think he will no, not for the time being at least. There are potential other consequences for outing him though that I do not wish to risk for now.

i mean re:funnier, i obviously haven't played with him much but like to me it reads like he's got a posting restriction
granted he could not and just be pretending to have one (hi tevish) but id guess he probably has one

I don't think funnier has a posting restriction. I'm not even sure what the restriction would be in that could be. It sounds more like funnier in his poetic prose mode.

Anyways, here are some basic reads without rereading anything.

ExLight - Likely town. Not seeing his analytical, information fishing mafia play here. He has been quite a bit calm but I'll chalk that up to his claims so far.

Rubik - I dunno if controlling the Daily Bugle is like just separate from his role or what. But he's probably just town here. I mean he hasn't done much at all which I wouldn't expect from scum Rubik with all the claims we've had.

Asfinyti - Null. I know they've said things. Those things don't stick out to me so I have no read one way or the other right now.

funnier6 - Likely town. Or maybe he doesn't even know his alignment at this point. Since he's searching for his true identity. Either way, I don't believe he's mafia right now.

naga10 - Null.

Silverfish - Null only because I could see him going either way right now. Like how he's been contributing, but he seems a little too levelheaded at times which seems like scum Silver.

Aaarrrgh - Town probably. I like the way he backed off the KoD thing. Feel like scum would dig in deep there, or not start it at all. Also adopted the NLP so we'll see how that goes.

Mellow Ezlo - Fine, have a slight town read. Been contributing pretty well. Seems to have some motivation with clone degeneration which is in line with me. Though not a clone himself apparently which gives me a bit of pause. But I dunno if he's mafia in that case.

Doc - Null. Doc, my ride or die, get in here and bust out a good post so I can read you.

Freddeh - Town lean. He reminds me of his play in MSP3 mafia which I liked. Liking him here too. Think he came in pretty strong recently. Said something I liked. Don't recall what it was right now.

Poyzin - Slight scum lean. This is apparently a hot take right now. I'm not sure where all the town reads are coming from? His posts remind me of last game. I know he already made a deal about his first post being NAI, but it actually did give me scum Poy vibes in a way I probably couldn't explain. Then he did the same thing with asking people to tell him what was going on. Also said he caught up on the thread (which wasn't long after his other post it seemed but I didn't check times). Didn't give really any commentary on what had happened, and for some reason no one challenged him on if he had actually read it or not. Which sorry Poy, I'm skeptical.

Captan_Lunch - Null, maybe slight town. The slight town comes from the way he reacted to me just laughing at him when he said I was being coached. Dunno why but it didn't seem bad. Though, he seems less hectic than when I've seen him as town.

Ragnarokio - Probably town. Rag has been surprising as mafia recently activity and effort wise. However I feel more town Rag here. She's less throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks and more tunneling what she actually believes. Her tunnel on KoD reminds me of her later game play in the previous game. I think she's actually trying to solve things here.

Spiritual Mask Salesman - Null. He has been quite a bit laid back it seems so far. But I don't think we've seen enough of him for me to say he's scum. I need voting from SMS to really get a sense of him right now. I kinda understand the votes on him, but also think they're piling on too easily.

The Sun Fan - Null. Kinda does seem like his 3rd party play but I also think it could just be his attitude towards the game. Feel like scum sunfan would actually be more active as scum, but who knows.

Hapi - Null. Wanna see more from her, but also have only seen a bit of her town play once and that's the only game I've been in with her. So gonna be a tough read probably.

Tevish Szat - Null maybe slight scum lean. Mostly for his recent SMS vote. Seems opportunistic, just jumping on an easy wagon. Also said it seemed better than the Rag/KoD stuff, but plenty of other stuff has gone on to scumhunt yourself. Especially since there are quite a bit of NGA members here he could probably actually read better.

Paranoid King - Null/slight town. Like that he's being helpful and easily cooperative. Still need to see more, but he just subbed in so I'm not bothered right now by trying to get a solid read on him.

KingofDominaria - Town. I think he looked pretty good during the discussion surrounding him. He pointed out the rules state his vote would be visible, which they do, so he knew he wouldn't be able to hide it. I think his pushes have felt more reasonable and his defenses felt solid compared to when I saw him as scum.

Skystone - Slight town. Can't remember specifics but I've felt good reading their posts. I've only played with them once in a not conventional game, but I liked their posts then like I do now.

Duskyblue - Null. Can't remember anything they've said.

Killjoy - Slight town. He's stuck it out so far and hasn't crumbled under pressure yet which seems good. Seems a bit more sure of himself than last game. Softing his role and seems like he's trying to solve.

So main suspects right now are Poy and Tevish. But I have much stronger feelings on Poy at the moment.

Vote: Poy

Vote count is about 4 hours overdue. Sorry. It will come shortly.

Also, note: if you've sent me a letter to the editor, please remind me. I've misplaced one letter and I can't remember who's it was.

DAY 1: Third Vote Count

Ragnarokio (4): KingofDominaria, KingofDominaria
Spiritual Mask Salesman (4): The Sun Fan, Freddeh, Ragnarokio, Tevish Szat
naga10 (2): ExLight, The Daily Bugle
Killjoy (2): Carnage, Spider-Man
funnier6 (1): Mellow Ezlo
KingofDominaria (1): naga10
Skystone (1): Skystone
Asfinyti (1): Asfinyti
Tevish Szat (1): Scarlet Spider
Mellow Ezlo (1): Doc
Duskyblue (1): Poyzin
Freddeh (1): Paranoid King
Poyzin (1): Morbid Minish

Not Voting (8): Rubik, funnier6, Captan_Lunch, Duskyblue, Aaarrrgh, Hapi, Killjoy, Spiritual Mask Salesman
Voteblocked (1): Silverfish

With 25 available votes, it takes 13 votes to reach a Majority.
Ragnarokio and Spiritual Mask Salesman both lead the vote and are at M-9.

The Day 1 Deadline is set for: July 22nd at 4:15 AM EST. Click here for an accurate countdown timer.

1. Spiritual Mask Salesman votes funnier6
  2. KingofDominaria votes Ragnarokio with a Bonus Vote [404: No link found]
  3. Ragnarokio votes KingofDominaria
  4. Killjoy votes funnier6 in pretty pink letters
  5. The Sun Fan votes Aaarrrgh
  6. Mellow Ezlo tried to vote Rubik but is Voteblocked
  7. Spider-Man votes Ragnarokio with a Bonus Vote
  8. KingofDominaria votes Duskyblue
  9. Morbid Minish votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  10. KingofDominaria unvotes; votes Morbid Minish
  11. KingofDominaria votes Aaarrrgh with a Bonus Vote [404: No link found]
  12. Aaarrrgh votes KingofDominaria
  13. KingofDominaria unvotes; votes Asfinyti
  14. Tevish Szat votes Ragnarokio
  15. The Scarlet Spider votes Tevish Szat with a Bonus Vote
  16. 15377 votes Skystone
  17. ExLight votes 15377
  18. Hapi votes 15377
  19. Silverfish tried to vote funnier6 but is Voteblocked
  20. Skystone votes for themselves
  21. Asfinyti, who has the worst name cuz autocorrect keeps trying to change it to ASKinyti, votes for themselves
  22. First Vote Count Tallied
  23. Doc votes Mellow Ezlo
  24. KingofDominaria unvotes; votes Aaarrrgh
  25. ExLight unvotes; votes naga10
  26. Aaarrrgh unvotes
  27. 15377 is exiled; Majority has changed
  28. KingofDominaria votes naga10 with a Bonus vote [404: No link found]
  29. naga10 votes KingofDominaria
  30. KingofDominaria unvotes
  31. The Daily Bugle votes naga10 with a Bonus vote
  32. Killjoy unvotes
  33. KingofDominaria votes Ragnarokio
  34. Tevish Szat unvotes; votes The Sun Fan
  35. Ragnarokio unvotes; votes The Sun Fan
  36. Second Vote Count Tallied
  37. Spider-Man votes Ragnarokio (but was already, so nothing changed) with a Bonus vote
  38. Killjoy votes funnier6 in funky pink letters (Strengthened)
  39. Poyzin votes Killjoy
  40. Poyzin unvotes
  41. Poyzin votes themselves but then unvotes
  42. Poyzin votes Duskyblue
  43. Freddeh votes Paranoid King
  44. KingofDominaria votes Ragnarokio with a Bonus vote [404: No link found]
  45. Ragnarokio unvotes; votes KingofDominaria
  46. Killjoy unvotes; votes Ragnarokio in disco pink letters (Strengthened)
  47. Spider-Man unvotes; votes Killjoy
  48. Mellow Ezlo votes funnier6
  49. Killjoy unvotes
  50. Killjoy unvotes, again
  51. The Sun Fan votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  52. Spiritual Mask Salesman unvotes
  53. Paranoid King votes Freddeh
  54. Freddeh unvotes
  55. Freddeh votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  56. Ragnarokio unvotes; votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  57. Morbid Minish unvotes
  58. Tevish Szat unvotes; votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  59. Morbid Minish votes Poyzin
  60. Carnage votes Killjoy with a Bonus vote [404: No link found]
  61. Third Vote Count Tallied

Last edited:

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
I was role-blocked. And my threshold is low now. Like really, really low. Like one foot in the grave low.
Whoever that was, I shall find and destroy you. ;) (Or haunt you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom