• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
(Rag apparently disagrees).

if its any consolation my goal was to discuss KoD's actions with others and not to discuss anything with KoD. I at least agree with you that doing that would be a long wordy ride into an bottomless abyss. In any case there are things besides KoD which i think are worth pursuing at this juncture, like minish/jackal and sunfan, so i'm tabling begging people to vote for KoD for now.

Ok, I'm going to do something I should have done at the start of the game:

In honor of our esteemed host, I will be sitting a No Lie Policy (NLP) for this game. So what is a NLP? Basically, I will never make a statement which I know to be factually incorrect. I am allowed to mislead people through ambiguity or omissions, but everything I say will be true by the letter of the law. The only exception is statements regarding my own alignment, as honest in that regard could make the game unwinnable in certain situations. Other than that, I am willing to wager my reputation in not only this game but every future game I might play with any of you on the fact that I can get through this game without telling am outright lie. Those who have played with me before might have noticed that this is my preferred style of play anyway, this is simply the first time I'm making it official.

With that said, I made a mistake with my early aggression against KoD, and I backed off because I don't have a reason to doubt his explanation at this time. I am repeating this so that it will be obviously covered by the NLP. Any further questions?

DAY 1: Second Vote Count

Ragnarokio (4): Spider-Man, KingofDominaria
naga10 (2): ExLight, The Daily Bugle
The Sun Fan (2): Tevish Szat, Ragnarokio
funnier6 (1): Spiritual Mask Salesman
KingofDominaria (1): naga10
Skystone (1): Skystone
Asfinyti (1): Asfinyti
Aaarrrgh (1): The Sun Fan
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Morbid Minish
Tevish Szat (1): Scarlet Spider
Mellow Ezlo (1): Doc

Not Voting (10): Rubik, funnier6, Freddeh, Poyzin, Captan_Lunch, Paranoid King, Duskyblue, Aaarrrgh, Hapi, Killjoy
Voteblocked (2): Silverfish, Mellow Ezlo

With 25 available votes, it takes 13 votes to reach a Majority. Ragnarokio leads the vote and is at M-9.

The Day 1 Deadline is set for: July 22nd at 4:15 AM EST. Click here for an accurate countdown timer.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to do something I should have done at the start of the game:

In honor of our esteemed host, I will be sitting a No Lie Policy (NLP) for this game. So what is a NLP? Basically, I will never make a statement which I know to be factually incorrect. I am allowed to mislead people through ambiguity or omissions, but everything I say will be true by the letter of the law. The only exception is statements regarding my own alignment, as honest in that regard could make the game unwinnable in certain situations. Other than that, I am willing to wager my reputation in not only this game but every future game I might play with any of you on the fact that I can get through this game without telling am outright lie. Those who have played with me before might have noticed that this is my preferred style of play anyway, this is simply the first time I'm making it official.

With that said, I made a mistake with my early aggression against KoD, and I backed off because I don't have a reason to doubt his explanation at this time. I am repeating this so that it will be obviously covered by the NLP. Any further questions?
Well now! This is unexpected. Imitation is the fondest form of flattery, as they say, so colour me flattered. :D How interesting...

I should warn you: when I started playing mafia with a NLP, it took doing it for several games in a row before other players started taking me seriously. This might not impact how people react to you at all in this game. But I am interested to see how it plays out for you.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Anyone want to claim responsibility for the votes on me?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Killjoy did you get a thing by any chance?

Also, I can now vote, or should be able to anyway.

I am intrigued by aargh taking up Zinger's no lie policy. That policy baffled me during the one game I kind sort of didn't really play at NGA but I do get it. Anyway, that potentially makes him look better.

I think it's really important that we question aargh now. If he is committing to not lying, with the knowledge that that is a policy our host adopts in every game, I feel inclined to believe him.

So, with that said, @Aaarrrgh do you have any strong scum leans right now? And are you spider aligned (if that is within the realm of questions not able to be answered, don't worry about it).

Asfinyti

aka amber
assuming arrgh is working with zinger's nlp, alignment is one of the things specifically not covered by it

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I've been holding off posting until now. Hey guys. I don't believe there is another purple Spider-Man yet.

I think Minish should expose the Jackal. It seems anti-town to not do so, but I don't know what's going on with Minish so maybe there's a good reason.

My role implies to me that some of the other Spider-Mans (clones or real) potentially do NOT have a vote. I, on the other hand, do have a vote.

Vote: Ragnarokio

Hey everyone! Today I'll be around more, as work finally gave me a day "off". Oh wait, they called me in for two hours. Who does that? Point is, I might not have to come back to pages of stuff and try and shove it all in the brain at once.
I see so many people who blatantly didn't read the story stuff in the Day 1 game start post. :eyes: Fun.
Just because I read it doesn't mean that I understood it fully, remembered all of it, that it accounts for all the dark corners of my brain, or that it explains everything.
Wait, that was mean and aggressive. Sorry about that.

On that note, y'all think the colours in said post correspond to the colours in the vote count at all? Really only thinking on that track because KJ was inexplicably pink. We also know for sure there is an evil spider clone. And the the jackal is indeed evil. Possibility of min being the evil clone, or would Zinger not do something as obvious at that, even with our penchant to overthink things? We also have no proof gwen wasn't cloned at this point in time. I also simply don't trust everything we know as far as I can throw it right now, which is totally my own fault as dropping misleading info is totally something I would do as host, but I am not Zinger and can only dream to have the plotting skills he does.
Remember, we can only trust our own role PMs, everything else is fair game to be false.
He could be playing so flippantly because he thinks of the game as a joke and doesn't intend on playing seriously, which itself means he isn't really a bad thing. He's also probably the most likely player to be the jackyl in my eyes, and so I think pressuring him for information is worthwhile.
So he's either playing as a joke, which is unsurprising given his statements from pre-game and current pfp, or is scum. Honestly, I haven't seen enough SF here to do a meta-match to his scumplay, but having actually seen SF as scum, I can say that so far he feels different than that. I have also played with him as self, (Wait, have I not seen him as town?), and this does feel more 3p.

Also, that latest votecount has not enough green in it, the purple spiderman wrote just confusingly enough that I don't know if they're the same as the royal purple spider, and there are now secret votes or votemods on Rag. Amazing.

I think Minish should expose the Jackal. It seems anti-town to not do so, but I don't know what's going on with Minish so maybe there's a good reason.

From what I've gathered, I think that she will do so, though, probably later on when and if she has more concrete reasons. Assuming her ailment/the Jackal doesn't permanently hush her. I might be wrong, but I just have a gut feeling on this.

@Killjoy did you get a thing by any chance?

I don't know if this counts but, I have been strengthened. I know I should've let it out sooner, but I wasn't certain as to how I should word it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom