• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
which makes me want to believe that she is being coached, to an extent.

Hi Killjoy. I know this is your second game, but no way in any world do I allow any of y'all to coach me. Lol. Much less the Jackal.

Also, c'mon guys you all know me. I'm not dumb. I may not be out right naming the Jackal but have a little faith.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@Minish
Nice to see maniacal laughter instead of denial for a change. I'm sure you have towns best interests at heart.

Yes I can essentially be a mafia tool, but it seems that if I just choose to do nothing that can't happen. From what it seems, The Jackal can only approve or deny my actions. Which is different from what I thought when I read my role, where I thought he would get to choose my targets.

This really sounds like whoever your afilliated with thought it best you amend your statement. Though your solution of doing nothing is concerning. Like, are you asking to be tracked? Perhaps you are being used as bait?

Asfinyti

aka amber
depending on minish role it's probably very reasonable that she doesn't want to out the jackal at the current time
i probably would advocate more for outing him given what we know, but obviously there's a lot of stuff that we don't know otherwise i doubt she'd be so hesitant
given the nature of the game it's also possible that the jackal also has clones so it wouldn't really surprise me if outing him makes a huge difference

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Lol I’m reading and working. It’s been taking some time but I’m finally caught up.

now that I’m here, I trust Minishs explanation for not outing the jackal. It would be reasonable that having so much info on such a potential scum reveals wayy too much information to a town player. Unless Minish is given an explicit incentive to not lynch said player (which would probably confirm that this person is scum to her), I see no reason to automatically assume that this person is scum. And I don’t Scum Minish makes this play day 1. Maybe day 2 or 3, but not day one.

I also want to make my opinions known in the KoD and....I forgot the other name, please forgive me....Im so embarrassed. Anyways, I find myself leaning towards Rags interpretation of the events but I don’t see it impossible that KoD’s intention was to protect thresholds.Regardless, I found myself a bit more suspicious of the other party involved who’s name eludes me. Not because of how they initially posted against KoD but by how quickly they backed off and became super apologetic, constantly suggesting that they stop targeting each other. It was very self-preservation over scum hunting.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Also, I want to correct Rags vote count from a while ago where she incorrectly listed me as not voting, despite me placing a vote on Mezlo. I even had that super funny bit where I almost wrote vore and everyone loved it and thought it was hilarious.

Well, there certainly have been developments today. So it seems like a lot could be done if Minish is convinced to speak. But, for the time being, Minish isn't talking about who we need to lynch. I have a town feel from Rag and Ex. Sun Fan, however, hasn't felt so good; the "I'm confused..." posting from there has felt like active-lurking, establishing a presence without saying much of value.

UNVOTE; VOTE: Sun Fan

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This really sounds like whoever your afilliated with thought it best you amend your statement. Though your solution of doing nothing is concerning. Like, are you asking to be tracked? Perhaps you are being used as bait?

Actually it wasn't the Jackal that clarified, got some clarification from Zinger.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Well, there certainly have been developments today. So it seems like a lot could be done if Minish is convinced to speak. But, for the time being, Minish isn't talking about who we need to lynch. I have a town feel from Rag and Ex. Sun Fan, however, hasn't felt so good; the "I'm confused..." posting from there has felt like active-lurking, establishing a presence without saying much of value.

UNVOTE; VOTE: Sun Fan

I don't feel good about sun fan either. The only other time i've seen him play like this he was self-aligned. He could be playing so flippantly because he thinks of the game as a joke and doesn't intend on playing seriously, which itself means he isn't really a bad thing. He's also probably the most likely player to be the jackyl in my eyes, and so I think pressuring him for information is worthwhile.

I think the case on KoD is stronger, but for now I'm more interested in seeing sunfan respond so I'll move my vote.

Unvote, Vote: Sun Fan

Lol I’m reading and working. It’s been taking some time but I’m finally caught up.

now that I’m here, I trust Minishs explanation for not outing the jackal. It would be reasonable that having so much info on such a potential scum reveals wayy too much information to a town player. Unless Minish is given an explicit incentive to not lynch said player (which would probably confirm that this person is scum to her), I see no reason to automatically assume that this person is scum. And I don’t Scum Minish makes this play day 1. Maybe day 2 or 3, but not day one.

I also want to make my opinions known in the KoD and....I forgot the other name, please forgive me....Im so embarrassed. Anyways, I find myself leaning towards Rags interpretation of the events but I don’t see it impossible that KoD’s intention was to protect thresholds.Regardless, I found myself a bit more suspicious of the other party involved who’s name eludes me. Not because of how they initially posted against KoD but by how quickly they backed off and became super apologetic, constantly suggesting that they stop targeting each other. It was very self-preservation over scum hunting.

That was me. My decision to back off was based primarily in the fact that I actually found KoD's explanation of his actions plausible, combined with the fact that I realized I had messed up about the rules stating clearly that bonus votes are visible.

There was also a meta reason. I have had a lot of experience with people (myself included) getting into long, pointless discussions over tiny bits of semantics with KoD (I believe he called it a timeline contest or something in one of his posts), and doing so without being absolutely sure it's worth it first tend to create massive distractions and an awful lot of stress. I really didn't feel this was worth getting in so deep over (Rag apparently disagrees). There is, unfortunately, a lot of weird history in the NGA community, especially around KoD. I let my first few posts in this whole debacle be colored by my personal bias against KoD, and once I realized that I didn't feel like I could keep arguing the point in good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom