• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Uh, I'm trying to not out too much because I don't know what is safe. Though I guess since mafia would likely already know I will say the speculation about how I am is basically right. It should be easily figured out if you read the story flavor as to who I am.

I have a chance of dying every even numbered day (even in exile) if a certain number on a die is rolled. Until I'm cured of degeneration that is.

The Jackal can approve or deny my actions. He is asked if he wants to do so in our group chat.

I have an ability that can be very helpful to town but has some major drawbacks for me.

There is also a drawback for Spidey aligned players lynching me (which I forgot til I just checked my role).

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Unless Minish is known for being outrageously and suicidally bold, our basic position ought to be that she is telling some relatively decent approximation of the truth. (Though it is possible, for instance, that the Jackal has more leverage over her than she is willing to admit.) We can lynch her later if necessary. But the role she is claiming is almost certainly in the game, and as such she can presumably be counter-claimed if she is lying.

@Minish: Can you explain more completely why you don't intend to reveal the Jackal's name? I understand your position that the game would be too easy if he were mafia and we had Day 1 access to the information, and I obviously agree, but why do you believe that town is not equipped to hash out the details? Are we not advantaged by the information that we might extract by putting that player in the hot seat?

Uh, I'm trying to not out too much because I don't know what is safe. Though I guess since mafia would likely already know I will say the speculation about how I am is basically right. It should be easily figured out if you read the story flavor as to who I am.

I have a chance of dying every even numbered day (even in exile) if a certain number on a die is rolled. Until I'm cured of degeneration that is.

The Jackal can approve or deny my actions. He is asked if he wants to do so in our group chat.

I have an ability that can be very helpful to town but has some major drawbacks for me.

There is also a drawback for Spidey aligned players lynching me (which I forgot til I just checked my role).
Just how bad are these "drawbacks"?

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
Why would the jackal ever allow that?
Are you saying he loses control over you if you get the cure? (So far I assumed you meant that it will only remove your random chance of dying)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Unless Minish is known for being outrageously and suicidally bold, our basic position ought to be that she is telling some relatively decent approximation of the truth. (Though it is possible, for instance, that the Jackal has more leverage over her than she is willing to admit.) We can lynch her later if necessary. But the role she is claiming is almost certainly in the game, and as such she can presumably be counter-claimed if she is lying.

@Minish: Can you explain more completely why you don't intend to reveal the Jackal's name? I understand your position that the game would be too easy if he were mafia and we had Day 1 access to the information, and I obviously agree, but why do you believe that town is not equipped to hash out the details? Are we not advantaged by the information that we might extract by putting that player in the hot seat?

I know it's hard to trust coming from me but the rest of zd can tell you I don't really do gambits or crazy plays (unless for very certain reasons like me being outed SK).

It's because I don't know what potential harmful side effects it could have to town outing them. Like someone brought up before, The Jackal might have more control over clones that could be detrimental if I just out them. I'm not opposed to it in the long run, I just want everyone to be on the same page and actually discuss this before taking any risky steps. This is basically for the interest of me and town.

Just how bad are these "drawbacks"?

Depends on how easy you want to be to lych.

Can you specify the nature of this control?

I'm not entirely sure. But it seems like the Jackal can choose to use abilities on who he wishes but just hasn't chosen to do so yet.

With how she's playing so far, I'm town leaning. I remember the last game I was in with her, even though I bailed shortly into D2 due to a panic attack with how fast it was going, her posts had also been somewhat short. Though a big difference is that her post count is a lot lower, which makes me want to believe that she is being coached, to an extent.

Though, I'm still curious about these drawbacks that us spidies would face...

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Why would the jackal ever allow that?
Are you saying he loses control over you if you get the cure? (So far I assumed you meant that it will only remove your random chance of dying)

I do have a way of being freed from his control yeah. Don't want to say what it is as to not give mafia too much info.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I've been deliberating on how I want to act. I don't think minish would claim from her position if she thought it was in her interest to hide the information, and i feel like it would be in her interest to hide her information if she was basically any non-town role. I still find her behaviour strange and think she's probably hiding things, but as long as she's town whatever she is hiding shouldn't matter too much. If i had to guess I'd say that she's either half-town (following exlight's claim) or a town survivor, but in any case I think she shares the fundamental interests of the town.

I think you should probably out the jackyl minish, if you legitimately don't think it would be too risky for you. We don't need to lynch them today if you're afraid its a bad idea for some reason, but if nothing else it should slam them with a dozen investigations and roleblocks that will probably be useful both in unwraveling this mystery and in performing damage control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom