• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Does Spider-aligned simply mean that you are one of the spidey clones (or the real spidey)? Because my role has to do with people being spidey aligned in a way that this would be good to know.

Does Spider-aligned simply mean that you are one of the spidey clones (or the real spidey)? Because my role has to do with people being spidey aligned in a way that this would be good to know.
Based on my own role, I have to assume that there are others besides clones that are spider aligned. Allies, perhaps?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Minish's claim is concerning. I feel like the jackal is probably largely anti-town considering he's basically the titular villain here. (the hobgoblin was the major enemy of town in spider man 2, and carnage was in spider man 1, i believe). I'm not sure if either game had an actual mafia, but hobgoblin at least had the semblence of one (there were four players technically working under the hobgoblin).

Minish basically claimed earlier that she knew who was controlling her vote when i attempted to narrow down the pool of players who it could be. She then said she already knew who it was. She's now revealed its thejackal. This means that Minish probably knows the identity of who could reasonably be the biggest bad in the game, which puts minish's status as town heavily into question.

What do you have to say to this minish? Do you know the identity of the jackal, and do you intend to protect them? If you aren't town, what's your game here?

Why would I out all of this if I weren't town? It'd be easier just to scheme with what I think is mafia at that point because I can talk to The Jackal. My hesitation in naming them comes from the fact that it seems too easy. Like a town aligned player knowing a potential mafia aligned player and just outting them seems super simple yeah? I want to make sure me just straight up saying doesn't have any repercussions. Doesn't mean I'm not still gonna scum hunt. I'm just at an extreme limit to what I can do role wise.

Yeah that's why I was wondering. My role also has something that mentions Spider aligned specifically.

Based on my own role, I have to assume that there are others besides clones that are spider aligned. Allies, perhaps?
From the alignment I have I think we're, for now town allied 3rd party who's roles may or may not change as the game progresses.

You guys keep saying I lied without any proof of the such. I've already explained in depth and gave detailed reasoning for my approach. Reasoning which Rag does not do justice by simply describing it as, "KoD basically saying it doesn't matter."

Aside from those who played in the previous Zinger Spider-Man game (and further, those who actually remember) and dealt with detailed vote counts, there is also the rules which explicitly state that bonus votes are not hidden. The expectation that because my bonus votes would be revealed soon I should out my ability is strictly a player-based decision. I already showed, via Arrgh's initial post, that the ability was revealed. There was no urgent need or duty on my part to out my own ability.

Furthermore, the concern about votes piling on people was expressly dealt with by unvoting. That is in spite of Rag insisting that because the concern was there that I should have outed it. Being able to unvote and remove the bonus votes had that handled so there was no important need on my part to out my ability prior to the vote count.

All of that stays in line with what I maintained when the idea to have evdrone vote got going around.

Me NOT outing my ability, despite how you all would handle it, does not make me a liar. Plus, you are all not showing me to be lying. You're all supposing I'm lying because of how you think events should have went. That's nothing more than bias at best (on Rag's part) or sheep mentality showing (on Sun's part).

What gets me is how you (Rag) are picking up where Arrgh stopped. All you're doing is twisting the events, with your underrepresentation of my actions, to push your agenda at this point. Asking questions and getting a better understanding of what someone does is one thing; however, you've intentionally gone out of your way substitute your bias against me as the reality when that isn't the case. Especislly since you can't prove it beyond positing that you think I'd act a certain way with no good basis to go on -- in spite of reasoning straight from the fish's mouth.

Congratulations, you're actually being hard read as scum on D1 which is odd given how active you are being. I'm going to chalk it up to you focusing on a gambit instead of sticking to mechanical information.

Vote: Ragnarokio

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Why would I out all of this if I weren't town?

This is what I was wondering. The fact remains you apparently know exactly who the jackal is and decided to stay silent until now. Why did you decide to bust this all out right now? What do you know about the jackal's role and/or stated win condition?

Okay, KoD's headvoice is definitely a frustrated bastard. It oozes everywhere. Why is your headvoice so messy, KoD?
I like him though. Reminds me of another headvoice I haven't seen in a long time.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Me NOT outing my ability, despite how you all would handle it, does not make me a liar. Plus, you are all not showing me to be lying. You're all supposing I'm lying because of how you think events should have went. That's nothing more than bias at best (on Rag's part) or sheep mentality showing (on Sun's part).

I wouldn't describe reading people as bias, personally. Its a huge part of mafia and it involves a lot of subjective analysis so its going to vary a lot from person to person but to call it bias seems to de-legitimize it or suggest that you can read people without it being biased, which is probably wrong in either case.

You saying you never intended to hide your ability when you did intend to hide your ability would be you lying. Obviously you're not going to say you did that whether you're telling the truth or not. Repeatedly saying you weren't lying over and over again doesn't do you or anybody else any favours. Its up to each individual to determine for themselves whether you were lying about your intentions or not, not you, because you're not reliable.

I also respect sun a lot as a mafia player although he seems pretty checked out here. I think he's capable of analyzing the game himself although i wouldn't put it past him to agree with me for political reasons and not because he actually agrees with me. Its possible he's apathetic to whether or not you were lying in this instance and just wanted to pocket me or something similar.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This is what I was wondering. The fact remains you apparently know exactly who the jackal is and decided to stay silent until now. Why did you decide to bust this all out right now? What do you know about the jackal's role and/or stated win condition?
I actually don't remember her saying she knew who the jackal was, only that she knew the jackal was the one influencing her role. I could've missed it though, not too sure.

I'll respond to your reply to me in a little bit, just getting food atm.

Ragnarokio

I actually don't remember her saying she knew who the jackal was, only that she knew the jackal was the one influencing her role. I could've missed it though, not too sure.

I'll respond to your reply to me in a little bit, just getting food atm.

this is the relevant post, if you're curious

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Tbh, I realized I never said that the Jackal was controlling it when I thought I had. Was trying to figure things out myself before sharing my thoughts with the game.

I know absolutely nothing about The Jackal's role or win condition. I just know that I'm his pawn and he gets to control what I do. I also know who it is because I am in a chat with them. I believe they are possibly mafia but I don't have any concrete evidence of that.

Alrighty there, Rag, let's take it down a notch maybe, yeah? You're starting to stab everything that moves.

...But you didn't stab me. You made fun of me poking at your style. Why the change? What is your reasoning?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
The most obvious interpretation for why KoD would remove his bonus votes before being outed were that he wanted to hide the fact that he had bonus votes
The host doesn’t provides votecounts upon demand, there’s no reason for him to constantly remove his votes if that was the case. He could do that only once late in the 24h irl day cycle. Him removing the votes everytime and asap feels more likely not wanting people to reach the threshold or having any unpleasant surprises if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom