• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i don't know that speculating about how it works is pro-town so i'll abstain.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm gonna give a hot take here and say KoD lying about that is not necessarily scummy. I think there could be plenty of motivations for that kind of play, and Ex made a good point about how he easily could've just kept the bonus votes on instead of removing them. Before the ability was revealed, that maybe would have been a good play if he isn't town.

And honestly, regardless of what people know about Aaargh, the fact that he was so quick to bring attention to KoD's modifier while also implying that KoD was doing the townie thing by removing his votes when he had the opportunity to doesn's sit right with me. It looks like a fake contribution, like he wanted to look good by being the first to notice something and putting KoD in the spotlight whilst simultaneously saying "but look, he did this good thing" in order to plant seeds so if KoD dies and flips town Aaargh can say "yeah he did this townie thing, see?"

idk if any of that is coherent, but hopefully somebody can interpret what I'm trying to say here. Between the two of them, I would sooner vote Aaargh, but it's also certainly possible they're in cahoots.

Asfinyti

aka amber
as far as im concerned im pretty neutral on kod
moving his vote every time isn't particularly subtle nor is it particularly difficult, and he's not really under any obligation to explain anything beforehand since it's all tracked anyway and 'bonus vote against voter' seems pretty self-explanatory
ill be slightly negative on arrgh based on his framing of the initial post, but not in any significant way since i feel that he's explained himself well enough
i think rag's angle relies on kod believing he was trying to hide something at all, which i don't necessarily believe is the case since again, votehopping like that isn't particularly subtle and he knew the bonus votes would show up in the count anyway
i evaluate rag slightly negative here as a result

ex getting bullied seems pretty par for the course huh?

I'm gonna have to side with KoD for the time being. The way he was swapping votes to keep things evened out really seems like a town move to me. Wanting to hide it could go both ways, this early on however, could be wrong, I get a more good natured vibe off of it, As for lying about it, maybe there's a reason to do so for the time being? I don't know. But, right now, I'm getting a town lean from KoD.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ex made a good point about how he easily could've just kept the bonus votes on instead of removing them. Before the ability was revealed, that maybe would have been a good play if he isn't town.

The most obvious interpretation for why KoD would remove his bonus votes before being outed were that he wanted to hide the fact that he had bonus votes, which is not wolfy in my opinion but also not a town-tell. His reason for continuing to remove them afterwards (if he has, i don't recall if he's been voted yet) is either to avoid looking bad or to avoid a premature lynch, so thats also a null-tell.

Another piece of evidence that suggests KoD was unvoting to hide his ability rather than for the reason he said is that he switched his vote every time he did it. If he just wanted to remove his votes he could have just unvoted and then revoted the person he was on. Unvoting to switch your vote looks more natural, which is probably why he did that.

Could you give me an example of a motivation KoD could have to lie about trying to hide his ability?

I don't think argh's case is valid, really, but I think its a fair and productive attack to make. It put pressure on KoD and forced him to adopt stances to defend himself. The stances he adopted were also quite possibly fabricated, which is telling information. Argh's attack was productive, I think, and although that doesn't necessarily indicate that he's town, I think that it introduces a strong pro-town reason to make the play he made (and a similarly strong reason to make that play as wolf for camoflauge).

Ragnarokio

The vote hopping seems extremely obvious in light of us knowing about the ability, but nobody picked up on the fact that he swapped his vote every time he was voted for until that information was revealed, so if the bonus votes weren't public then it would have been subtle enough for KoD's purposes

i don't know that speculating about how it works is pro-town so i'll abstain.
I mean, it's about the only useful thing I can do with regards to votes right now, so I'd not call it anti town. It's fun!

Honestly though, there's scum here somewhere, but what side of the story to believe, and which connection forms the web is up for debate yet. Trist and Sun are okay in my book. I want to see more of KoD's playstyle so maybe his headvoice shifts to a new character. And rag, well... I always think something is up with, whether it is just the game chaos or something more is unknown. Hmmm. Have I actually played with scum Rag beofre? I think I've played with 3p rag. Maybe. But suprisingly, I find myself wanting to side with Rag on this one. But again, will hold judgement until headvoice changes.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Tbh, I'm not even sure how to go about my role. My vote isn't the only thing I don't control. Every action I take is controlled by The Jackal. So it's kinda hard to figure out what to do. Also if anyone knows anything about clone degeneration hit a girl up. Because I have a chance of dying until it's cured.

Also, I dunno if anyone wants to answer but are the Spidermen town or Spider aligned? Because if no one is Spider aligned at the moment then I can maybe help narrow down who the real spidey is?

As for the KoD thing, I believe him. He pointed out that the rules say bonus votes aren't hidden. Meaning he read the rules, meaning he knew that he'd be outted anyways and also that anyone who read the rules knew bonus votes would show up. So if something is showing up no real reason to explain that that's going to be the case. It's more likely he was trying to keep votes from piling on people than he was trying to hide the votes.

Ragnarokio

For what its worth, my playstyle, especially on day 1, is typically to prod at people until i find someone who pings me sufficiently, and then to tunnel on them for the remainder of the day. I would guess that what you typically find objectionable about me is that my early play tends to be very aggressive and tends to go off little information.

Because, It makes just as much sense to pressure Aaarrrgh as it does KoD in this instance. This is not to say I would consider there actions scummy, but both of their actions could be better justified by interior motives than what they've actually posted.

Ragnarokio

Because, It makes just as much sense to pressure Aaarrrgh as it does KoD in this instance. This is not to say I would consider there actions scummy, but both of their actions could be better justified by interior motives than what they've actually posted.

Argh's play didn't ping me, KoD's did. I typically only pressure people who i feel like it will be productive to pressure.

Ragnarokio

Minish's claim is concerning. I feel like the jackal is probably largely anti-town considering he's basically the titular villain here. (the hobgoblin was the major enemy of town in spider man 2, and carnage was in spider man 1, i believe). I'm not sure if either game had an actual mafia, but hobgoblin at least had the semblence of one (there were four players technically working under the hobgoblin).

Minish basically claimed earlier that she knew who was controlling her vote when i attempted to narrow down the pool of players who it could be. She then said she already knew who it was. She's now revealed its thejackal. This means that Minish probably knows the identity of who could reasonably be the biggest bad in the game, which puts minish's status as town heavily into question.

What do you have to say to this minish? Do you know the identity of the jackal, and do you intend to protect them? If you aren't town, what's your game here?

Also, I dunno if anyone wants to answer but are the Spidermen town or Spider aligned? Because if no one is Spider aligned at the moment then I can maybe help narrow down who the real spidey is?
This actually clears up a few questions I had in a twisted way. I would assume that all spidermen are spider aligned for now, but given that there are rumours of both scum and town aligned spiders, I can't make that guess. So I am going to guess that the majority of spidermen are on the spider team, as are some scarlet spiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom