• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
While I had initial concerns about Josh, an important concealed message in one of his posts erased my doubts.

Is this a joke. Ah ****, why do I always miss these things.

Brb, looking over at Josh's posts in a vain attempt to see this hidden message (assuming it exists), and giving up 5 minutes later and start waiting for someone to just come out and tell me.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok. So here is the post which caught my eye and made me think very much:

Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

Ok. Let us assume he's mafia and Viral is townie, ok?

First of all, he's pushing very hard on Viral. And really, there are more possibilities than this. Mafia isn't so clear. I'm sure it happened before that a townie created a bandwagon on another townie. Don't tell me it hasn't happened.

So this is how I see things.

1. Viral votes Raindrop.
2. Thareous notices this. He knows who his mafia fellows are. And none of them are Raindrop. So Raindrop is townie. He comes up with a plan which makes Viral look scummy. This is because if Viral is townie, then he is a potential threat to the Mafia. This would also make Thareous look unscummy.
3. Thareous says that if Raindrop is town, then Viral is scum.
4. Raindrop is lynched. She is revealed townie - as Thareous would know if he was scum.
5. Now, if Thareous' plan was correct, and everyone believes him. Since Raindrop turned out townie, Viral is scum.
6. Then the town would turn on Viral, and Viral would be lynched.

Mafia: Raindrop lynched. Good. Viral lynched. Even better.

I just read over that. I don't think it made sense. So I'll shorten it up, the events happening if everyone believed in Thareous.

1. Viral votes Raindrop.
2. Thareous says that if Raindrop is townie, then Viral is scum.
3. Raindrop is lynched, and is revealed townie.
4. Since Raindrop is townie, Viral is scum.
5. Everyone votes Viral, and he is lynched.

Mafia win.

Now we would flip the roles. Thareous is townie, and Viral is mafia.

1. Viral votes Raindrop, hoping to get the town against her.
2. The town (or most of it) goes against her.
3. Thareous says that if Raindrop is townie, Viral is scum.
4. Viral knows Raindrop is townie, as she's not scum. And also, he's being voted for, and suspicion is turning on him. So he makes a post trying to explain what he did in a very smart way.
5. Raindrop claims.
6. To avoid further suspicion, Viral unvotes her, satisfied, having led the town to lynch her.

Both are very possible. It's also possible that both are townie. If that's the case, then... well, they are both townie. They could also both be scum. But that is the most unlikeliest scenario, for obvious reasons.

Now, looking at these two scenarios, I think that Thareous being mafia is more probable. Viral lied. I don't think any scum would take such a huge risk. The town could go either way - lynch him or not. But Thareous's reasons for putting suspicion on Viral makes much sense.

Now, we if look at their other posts, I think Thareous seems the most scummy. I've already posted my reasons why. It's not much, but I'm pretty confident in it. If you want me to find it, I will. Thareous just has that scummy vibe from him. I don't feel that for Viral. I may be wrong. But it's my best bet. And I've got a week to figure things out.

While I had initial concerns about Josh, an important concealed message in one of his posts erased my doubts.

I don't know about you, but this made me thing Josh is probably townie:

I'll point this out to you guys now. The only reason I'm not voting for musicfan is because he is new. That may be shoddy reason, but I've been in a few mafia games, and there's always those few players that just can't spell and can't type and can't make a paragraph and just look scummy even though they aren't.

Take a look at um.....Sith Lord mafia if you want to. I was godmother in that game, and PokaLink was a townie. I used his newness and awful posting ability against him like a pro and got him lynched in like a couple of pages on Day one. Newness is an awful reason to lynch someone, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who uses it as a good reason.

Also, I'm going to sleep now. Good night, guys! :wave:

EBWODP

* Think, not thing -.-

Could it be Will Turner? No, he would seem more like a townie...

Will is and will forever be townie <3

I'll tell you why I think so. Just wait ;)

......what

Coming from the person that posts very OCD-like and way too much, this doesn't make sense.

While I had initial concerns about Josh, an important concealed message in one of his posts erased my doubts. I'm not sure what to make of Keeseman just yet.

I'm Josh and I don't even know what he's talking about. But I agree with it.

I'm going to go with my gut and switch my obvious RVS vote:

Unvote

Vote: Viral Maze

don't yell at me

don't call me names

/4thpost

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Okay so just got here and read through everything. I'd like to see Thareous' response like the others, but I am very skeptical of Viral personally, for one of the same reason that Annie is: it seems like he led us. The only reason I won't is the possibility that Annie trying to lead us to this idea or something....not sure what to think. Need to see Thars testimony first.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Because he thinks I'm scum if Rainy's town. He is like adamant about it. And he called it decently early into the Rainy bandwagon if I recall correctly. Assumption 1: He read Rainy properly. 2: He's scum setting up a Viral-lynch for a later day.

1. It was near the end of the bandwagon which you set up. ;P
2. I wasn't adamant; I phrased it exactly as a suggestion. Nor did I expect anyone to go for it. As to why I put it out on the table to begin with, there's a good reason for that, but we'll get to that soon enough.

Before that, I'd like to know:

I'm half hoping he tries to lead a bandwagon against me, actually :)

Thar: What your opinion? When are you going to vote for me?

Why exactly are you hoping that I'll vote for you? That old intuition that I mentioned Yesterday is starting to return again. It's telling me that you're attempting to set me up in some underhanded way. ;J But teasing aside, I am curious why you are so eager for me to cast a vote towards you. That's a very rare move on your part, one which I've frankly never seen you state.

Again, I'll be retaining my reasons for the time. Probably until after I receive a satisfactory response from you.

Pen

The game is on!
Corrent Vote Tally:
The Marshal 1 (Viral Maze)
Thareous 1 (Annie)
Viral Maze 1 (Josh)

And Pendio, am I allowed to quote my conversations with Keyshe, or post pics of them?

You are not allowed to directly quote or to post pics, but you are allowed to tell the others what Keyshe wrote to you (if what you say is true, that is).

Pendio: Since we can't name-claim, can we hint at it? Like, my character is a women, or was part of the whole series, things of that nature. Or would that be a no-go?

No.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote: Viral Maze[/B]
</3

1. It was near the end of the bandwagon which you set up. ;P
Actually it wasn't. It was about 3 hours after my post about Rainy lying.

2. I wasn't adamant; I phrased it exactly as a suggestion. Nor did I expect anyone to go for it. As to why I put it out on the table to begin with, there's a good reason for that, but we'll get to that soon enough.
You brought up my 'scuminess' twice. Post #250 you make it seem like you know town is voting for their own (while painting me as the bad guy) and post #338, even though you back off and say you don't think I'm scum, you still try to paint me as scum if Rainy flips town. That to me sounds like more than just a suggestion.

Why exactly are you hoping that I'll vote for you? That old intuition that I mentioned Yesterday is starting to return again. It's telling me that you're attempting to set me up in some underhanded way. ;J But teasing aside, I am curious why you are so eager for me to cast a vote towards you. That's a very rare move on your part, one which I've frankly never seen you state.
I'm going/hoping for something. Not sure what, but maybe I'll know when I see it. A gambit, in a way.

Again, I'll be retaining my reasons for the time. Probably until after I receive a satisfactory response from you.
Can't fault you for that. I do that all the time myself.

Mido

Version 1
Ok. So here is the post which caught my eye and made me think very much:

Ok. Let us assume he's mafia and Viral is townie, ok?

First of all, he's pushing very hard on Viral. And really, there are more possibilities than this. Mafia isn't so clear. I'm sure it happened before that a townie created a bandwagon on another townie. Don't tell me it hasn't happened.

So this is how I see things.

1. Viral votes Raindrop.
2. Thareous notices this. He knows who his mafia fellows are. And none of them are Raindrop. So Raindrop is townie. He comes up with a plan which makes Viral look scummy. This is because if Viral is townie, then he is a potential threat to the Mafia. This would also make Thareous look unscummy.
3. Thareous says that if Raindrop is town, then Viral is scum.
4. Raindrop is lynched. She is revealed townie - as Thareous would know if he was scum.
5. Now, if Thareous' plan was correct, and everyone believes him. Since Raindrop turned out townie, Viral is scum.
6. Then the town would turn on Viral, and Viral would be lynched.

Mafia: Raindrop lynched. Good. Viral lynched. Even better.

I just read over that. I don't think it made sense. So I'll shorten it up, the events happening if everyone believed in Thareous.

1. Viral votes Raindrop.
2. Thareous says that if Raindrop is townie, then Viral is scum.
3. Raindrop is lynched, and is revealed townie.
4. Since Raindrop is townie, Viral is scum.
5. Everyone votes Viral, and he is lynched.

Mafia win.

This is an interesting theory you bring up, Annie, and it almost seems too intricate for a Day 1 plan. Then again, Thareous can be a crafty player. Now sure, Viral's original adamant nature towards Rainy before her claim is something to be noted, but I'm actually a little more inclined to believe Viral is a townie as you say, for now.

Why wouldn't I? My role is completely useless now. By revealing, I make the town trust me, and the Mafia won't go after me since I'm so minor of a role.

Ah, if you are telling the truth, it brings me back to my earlier theory that either Marshal or yourself were Mafia, but I can't gamble on that, I'd like to hear from The Marshal first, as I proposed this earlier in the first day.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Guys, I want to ask you all someone. Are you a Mason? Just tell me in a yes or no answer. Don't tell me with who. Don't tell me who's side are you on. But answer honestly. The definition of Mason in this case is a player who is allowed to contact and discuss about the game with 1 or more player(s). So by this definition, Mafia are also Masons. Please answer honestly! Just a yes or no. That's it. Don't ask any questions. Just say yes or no. I expect everyone to answer. Please.

EBWODP

* Something, not someone

Kirino

Tatakae
Meant to put a ?, not an !.

I have no idea what the hell you're doing. The Mafia obviously won't reveal themselves, and why would you want the masons to claim (assuming we have masons this game, which is very unlikely.)? What is this? And, no; mafia are not masons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom