• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
EBWODP:
If Magicfan is friends with Rainy, that... might be why he is reluctant to think there is anythings scummy about her. He just wants to stick by his friend. That's the only tactic I can think makes sense of why he'd jump on Viral/listen to her warning/treat with out looking at Rain. As scum it's a very risky move...

Eh... not that I've seen, they kinda freak out most of all when suspected and run and hide(newbie townies too XD)-- not turn on one another unneeded or go and make a risky vote drawing attention to themselves. They will defend each another at bad times though. They still could be but it'd be really odd move! O_O

So does that mean he can be newbie scum? o_O Or if you meant to emphasize the unneeded part, then I guess no. But his posts are still overall scummy.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
First quote I mean to be considering why he'd be doing this as town. The other... I'm looking at both Rainy and him as mafia team mates. Not too likely as they are acting very weird if they are.

I wouldn't be voting for MF right now if I didn't think he could be scum. So of course he could be.

I'm just trying to think of who is the most likely to be scum...

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
YOU WANT ME TO POST ANNIE

FINE

I'LL POST

(spoilers are so I don't stretch the page)
Viral Maze
Viral is too aggressive to be town imo. Then again, he played that way in the last mafia I was in with him and he turned out town.
He seems like he REEEEALLY wants to lynch Rainy. Like, really bad. But his reasoning is sound enough, and Josh agrees with it, and we've all seen Josh in action.
I would say I'm leaning toward mafia, but I don't think he's mafia.
I would say I'm leaning toward town, but I don't think he's town.

I can't even find an opinion on him because he's so confusing.

The Marshal
He defended himself properly and promptly, and people took that to be scummy. I didn't really think it was, but then he kept defending and defending and defending. I have a problem with too much defense. However, I don't think it's suspicious enough to really cast a vote. Again, my take on him stays at 55% mafia.

Annie
Yeah, I have a problem with Annie. Like Viral, she's aggressive. Not just to one person, but to everyone. She could be pressuring people in the hopes that they will make a mistake and look like scum. I don't know if this is her plan, I'm just speculating, but she is too assertive to even exist. o-o I have her as 55% scum at this point.

What I want to see
I want to see more of Thareous, Dracomajora, Darknut_Hunter, Mido, and Keeseman. They've been lurking in the shadows mostly. I know it's still Day 1, but considering all the activity going on, you guys should be here too. Speak up a bit.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
First quote I mean to be considering why he'd be doing this as town. The other... I'm looking at both Rainy and him as mafia team mates. Not too likely as they are acting very weird if they are.

I wouldn't be voting for MF right now if I didn't think he could be scum. So of course he could be.

Oh. Ok. I get it :)

I'm just trying to think of who is the most likely to be scum...

Mafia's more harder than I expected. Especially when you aren't able to distinguish scummy behavior for newbie behavior -.- I'm actually wondering if we should give Raindrop a chance. I really want to see how she'll contribute the next game day. But I dunno. What do you think?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
MEH. Forgot to talk about Rainy.

Raindrop14
She's crafty, but according to Viral, Josh, and Keyshe (I believe they all mentioned this), she's been inconsistent, which I don't like. Consistency is always good. I have her as 55% mafia because I don't want to trust her too much, seeing what she has done and what she can do.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Darknut_Hunter, just said what I thought was needed to say. There really isn't any other reason.

I'll accept that for now just because we've moved onto different people, but still, Marshal, IGMEOY.

Unvote: Marshal

I don't have much now, but my main three are Marshall, musicfan and Viral. Viral looks like the experienced player of the three and he's helping them and diverting attention from them, considering they've made some noob mistakes.

Actually that's completely opposite from Rajs style. He'd never take a fall for an inexperienced fellow scum. He'd use them to his advantage and make them pawns to his evil design. As someone who has been mafia with him (Mafia D Sith Lords) I can tell you that he'll only take the fall if it's necessary and will help the mafia recoup losses (like it did). That being said, this move would not do so for him if he's guarding them.

More from me later, I'm procrastinating Spanish work :P

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I never had a problem that Marshal defended himself-- but HOW he did I made a post on it. He as you could say he was aggressive with it. I have seen a town do that before but most of the time it was scum.

Mafia are usually skittish and want to hide. It's rare to find aggressive scum. A town has less to lose(more of them so dieing isn't bad) so they feel safer being aggressive. I see players go aggressive as mafia when they're known to be so as town so they know won't stand out that they aren't anymore.

EBWODP:
Actually that's completely opposite from Rajs style. He'd never take a fall for an inexperienced fellow scum. He'd use them to his advantage and make them pawns to his evil design. As someone who has been mafia with him (Mafia D Sith Lords) I can tell you that he'll only take the fall if it's necessary and will help the mafia recoup losses (like it did). That being said, this move would not do so for him if he's guarding them.

I saw him do that in Castlevania mafia, found him and confirmed two other scum buddies by that action-- would have gotten them killed if I didn't get killed that night lol. I think it was the vig who did it too T_T I should have spoke up and called them out on it. Not sure why no one else saw it XD IT WAS RIGHT THERE.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Uggggh. I'm so mad at myself for missing so much. (On the bright side, thanks to my studying last night instead of playing Mafia, I only missed one question on my math final! Highest score in my class period!)

Now, I just want to say this: I do not find Raindrop suspicious at this point. I really don't. And I'm willing to bet that more than a few of the people voting for her are Mafia. (Unless she actually is Mafia.) Of course, that isn't to say that she is certainly Town, either; I just don't see a reason to lynch her quite yet.

At the moment, I am sort of confused by her description of her playstyle, though. She describes her style as "lurking" often, yet she was very, very active in BM7, which she was Mafia in... so maybe that's her usual Mafia tactic? (Or she was just trying to be active because it was a beginner's game...)

However, Viral on the other hand... I'm kind of feeling a bit suspicious of him. I'm really sorry, but from the moment he stepped in, I haven't really had a good feeling about him.

First off, from what I've seen, he kind of started off by voting for Raindrop without much backup, saying vaguely that she "lied". Everyone else was very confused, and as they started discussing it and bringing up points, Viral agreed with them. From then on, it was a major sudden bandwagon.

This post in particular sets me off:

Post 165, and 173 in Werewolves is what's getting at me.
Overall, I just think Rainy is lying. Why I'm voting for Rainy is cuz I think musicfan is innocent and as for the Marshal, he's new, so thus him defending himself a lot (which I didn't think was too suspicious, yet) seemed... logical, in a sense.
Raindrop didn't say that she NEVER makes an RV after three pages... so I'm very confused as to why one exception sudden makes her a liar. There are several explanations other than her flat out lying just to seem more innocent and Town-like. I mean, she could have just forgot about that, or made a mistake, or simply thought that that one didn't count... It's not like she asserted this point over and over. I guess I can see where your suspicion comes from, since it is kind of odd that she'd say that when she clearly has RV'd later in the game before, but first of all, why would she lie like this? It doesn't make her seem any more Town than if she claimed she RV'd all the time. That makes me think it was simply a mistake. And second, simply the fact that you didn't particularly bring this up until after others began questioning you just makes me so confused. In fact, it seems like Dracomajora had to explain for you:

In Werewolves (I think), Rain was random voting all the time halfway through the game, an she's been random voting in previous games often too, and now she's contradicting herself. That's why Viral's voting her.
...which I'm also very confused by. I don't think it was Werewolves. I just briefly skimmed every one of her posts there, and the only RV she made was on Xin in post 165. As far as I've seen, Viral never commented on this, and no one pressed his logic any further. It's even possible Draco's a Mafia trying to back him up, but I wouldn't go that far quite yet.

It simply seems to me like that Viral was just trying to come up with something to accuse her for – especially considering that he claimed she was lying before providing any kind of explanation, as I think I've said, like, three times by now, haha. Also, could you please explain what post 173 had to do with your vote? It seems consistent with what Rainy has been saying this round about voting for someone just to get something done. (For those who are lazy, these are those two posts: 165 and 173.)

Then his only other justification was that the other two main people being accused seemed innocent... which isn't a very good reason, in my opinion. Maybe it's a reason, but it shouldn't be an explanation. It's not like you HAVE to vote...

And this was even stranger:

I don't believe that. Especially, if you look closer at the games Annie posted. Half of Rainy's random-votes (or votes thrown out on a whim) were like 80-90 posts in. Way past page 3.
...No, they were not. Not the ones Annie posted, at least. Her list is here, and aside from the Mafia D ones, the highest post number she included was 28. The Mafia D vote does not seem random to me, but actually backed up by some kind of suspicion. Looks like some people already called you out on this, but I don't see a response.

The rest of your reasoning makes sense, but it seemed as though you only started really formulating reasons for your vote after it was made, as though trying to haphazardly justify a hasty move. Thareous sort of agreed with me here:

That aside, I'm getting a feeling that Town is getting led into voting for one of their own. Viral Maze rather spontaneously started encouraging the vote on Raindrop before ever elaborating on his actual suspicions. Now, that's either me confusing that scenario with pure instinct, or it's Viral pressing a lynch because he found an easy target.
This is kind of what I'm trying to get at. He was even encouraging LG to jump in the bandwagon before explaining everything. Initially, it seemed more like a joke at trying to get others to join his somewhat joking vote, but I think after people started really noticing he tried to turn it into something more serious.

This is just what I feel. This whole scenario seems soooo suspicious to me. I suppose Raindrop's just as scummy at the moment (at least to most people), so they're trying to lynch at least someone – and, truly, her lynch will reveal a bit. If she's Mafia, then I'm ready to take back most of what I said here.

I'm so unsure on whether to make a vote or not... I'm thinking I will, just because no one else has voted for him (right?) and it's nearing the end of the day anyway. But I'm still eager to hear the defense. (I'M SORRY LG. IT'S OKAY. WE'RE STILL BEST ENEMIES FOREVER. I'LL VOTE FOR YOU NEXT GAME!).

Unvote
Vote: Viral Maze

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this whole post later. XD

-----

Okay, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm soooo confused. You think Dracomajora's play style is suspicious, but then that's just his meta? His meta is suspicious? Is that good or bad to you?

Yes. Assuming I actually used meta right (I thought I did D:), Draco's meta is just plain suspicious in my opinion. Just the way he posts is terribly scummy to me, and I constantly think he's Mafia. However, the last game I played with him in showed that that's kind of just his way of handling things. Personally, it's bad for me, because I can't tell when he's being serious or not, and it's really difficult to determine his role.

Kirino

Tatakae
LittleGumball said:
Viral is too aggressive to be town imo. Then again, he played that way in the last mafia I was in with him and he turned out town.
He seems like he REEEEALLY wants to lynch Rainy. Like, really bad. But his reasoning is sound enough, and Josh agrees with it, and we've all seen Josh in action.

Agressivness isn't scummy at all.

Also , the reason I haven't been so active is because I've been debating with myself on whether to vote for Raindrop or musicfan. Both are incredibly scummy, but musicfan seems like even if she's town, she could be dangerous. But then again, the Raindrop lynch has the support of Raj and Josh, and those two are my idols. So I'm going to vote for Raindrop, especially since it'll probably give us more to go off of tomorrow.

Unvote: musicfan

Vote: Raindrop14

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
EBWODP

Okay... A lot of new posts appeared before mine, haha. I'm going to go back and read them all now. Sorry if my argument is a bit outdated now. (I swear, everything can change in the short span of time it takes to write a post like that...)

OMG I'M SO SORRY PLEASE DONT HATE ME, I HOPE YOU DONT MIND I MADE IT ITALIC TOO OMG ID NEVER GET THIS OVER ZELDA UNIVERSE.

wat

Yeah. Apparently Draco's meta is always scummy. That's what everyone seems to agree with. Do you?

I don't understand how a meta can be just....scummy. I think we might have hit mafia gold if you can push off a player who acts scummy just because their meta is "scummy".

Update!

Josh
12 Posts

Viral even though he is experienced isn't right all the time-- also I'm more experienced at mafia then Josh is or we are about the same. Being wrong about Rainy wouldn't make him mafia automatically :/ Far as I can see he is looking at more subtle players for scum hunting as mafia like to hide in them most of all, numbers wise half the less active players are going to be town. So it's still could be a be hit or miss.

You may have been here longer than me, but I think I've played more games than you. And you seem to be less active than I am. So it might equal out.

But then again you have Axle the nothing probably doing whatever forever so meh.

Annie said:
Mafia's more harder than I expected. Especially when you aren't able to distinguish scummy behavior for newbie behavior -.- I'm actually wondering if we should give Raindrop a chance. I really want to see how she'll contribute the next game day. But I dunno. What do you think?

*Mafia's harder than I expected.

I'll point this out to you guys now. The only reason I'm not voting for musicfan is because he is new. That may be shoddy reason, but I've been in a few mafia games, and there's always those few players that just can't spell and can't type and can't make a paragraph and just look scummy even though they aren't.

Take a look at um.....Sith Lord mafia if you want to. I was godmother in that game, and PokaLink was a townie. I used his newness and awful posting ability against him like a pro and got him lynched in like a couple of pages on Day one. Newness is an awful reason to lynch someone, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who uses it as a good reason.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Yeah it is tricky... D: I make mistakes all the time...

That should be up to you, don't rely on me to make your decision-- ask yourself does she seem scummy (newbie or not), is she the best choice for the lynch?

We should lynch someone today but it is bets to pick it judiciously as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom