• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I don't like this... Why?

Are you calling the setup here, Annie? I can't think of any reason why you'd want to know this in such a public fashion...
There is nothing that prevents anyone from lying about this.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I dont see the reson to want people tell if they are masons.

EBWODP
Are we aloud to post VM's about the game. Are we even aloud to send VM about the game?

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Annie, this Mason thing is being stretched out too much. Here's the definitions for both Survivor and Mason.

A Mason is a player who is town allied that can communicate with another, while a survivor is an un-allied player who wins as long as they don't die before the end of the game. If you ask players to do that and tell the truth, the scum are obviously going to lie. They're trying to stay alive and don't want to reveal who they really are. And if a newer player tells the truth without realizing things like this, they may accidentally reveal themselves to the mafia, allowing the mafia to take out a player who has an advantage of communication, if only limited to another player.

I'd like to know why you want to know the masons in the game because frankly, this is the scummiest thing I've heard from you. Annie, why do you want to know which players are masons are? What is the point to this line of question?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Here's the problem with that Annie:

1) It removes the concept of the game. The point is to try and figure it out for yourself and not have people announce it. By saying yes or no to your question, a player is essentially role claiming, something that is a big no-no in all mafia games (and if it isn't, it should be).

2) I've always played games of mafia where communication about any aspect of the game outside of the thread was prohibited unless specified. I don't know if that's the case in this one. If it is, then I can't accept you sending me a VM or PM about your plan. If Pendio allows it, then I will accept, but as I said before, this is an incredibly scummy situation, and I have alarms bells going off in my head right now.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
1) It removes the concept of the game. The point is to try and figure it out for yourself and not have people announce it. By saying yes or no to your question, a player is essentially role claiming, something that is a big no-no in all mafia games (and if it isn't, it should be).

I'm not asking for a role claim. Just asking if they are Masons - along with their role. But I'm not asking for their actual role.

2) I've always played games of mafia where communication about any aspect of the game outside of the thread was prohibited unless specified. I don't know if that's the case in this one. If it is, then I can't accept you sending me a VM or PM about your plan. If Pendio allows it, then I will accept, but as I said before, this is an incredibly scummy situation, and I have alarms bells going off in my head right now.

<.< I never told you my plan. I didn't tell anyone my plan. What are you even talking about? I just said "I have my reasons." Along with requesting you to answer, of course.

Anyways. It doesn't seem like you guys are going to answer. So I'm just going to read my book. If still no one answers, then whatever. I've got what I wanted ;)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm not asking for a role claim. Just asking if they are Masons - along with their role. But I'm not asking for their actual role.

:dry: That's a roleclaim though...

roleclaim

<.< I never told you my plan. I didn't tell anyone my plan. What are you even talking about? I just said "I have my reasons." Along with requesting you to answer, of course.

Anyways. It doesn't seem like you guys are going to answer. So I'm just going to read my book. If still no one answers, then whatever. I've got what I wanted ;)

Sorry, I read your last post wrong :sweat:

Well if that helps the town out, that's fine, but I'm casting FoS on you Annie. This is definitely strange.

Pen

The game is on!
Current Vote Tally:
The Marshal 1 (Viral Maze)
Thareous 1 (Annie)
Viral Maze 1 (Josh)

As it says in my opening post of the game you're not allowed to talk about your roles outside of the game. You are, however, allowed to joke around about the game outside of it, or tell somebody else how grand of a Mafia game this is. ^^

...What? Is there a point to this!

Meant to put a ?, not an !.

I have no idea what the hell you're doing. The Mafia obviously won't reveal themselves, and why would you want the masons to claim (assuming we have masons this game, which is very unlikely.)? What is this? And, no; mafia are not masons.

?
this is really strange to me, and here's why.

Drac you all ready role claimed why do you care?
and you role claimed as a mason! (or maybe i read wrong) why do you say it's unlikely that there are masons?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Actually it wasn't. It was about 3 hours after my post about Rainy lying.

I wasn't referring to the post where you explained your reasons--it started before that. This post is where you voted for Raindrop, but not before mentioning that you didn't think Musicfan was scum.

You brought up my 'scuminess' twice. Post #250 you make it seem like you know town is voting for their own (while painting me as the bad guy) and post #338, even though you back off and say you don't think I'm scum, you still try to paint me as scum if Rainy flips town. That to me sounds like more than just a suggestion.

It's a suggestion in the sense that I can't force anyone to put it into practice.

I'm going/hoping for something. Not sure what, but maybe I'll know when I see it. A gambit, in a way.

In that case I simply won't vote for you. :)

Vote: Musicfan

Viral jumped in on Raindrop when Musicfan was tied for the most-voted player and negated any suspicion toward MF from then on. Considering that Rainy turned up Town, it's highly probable that Music is with the Pirates and was defended by Viral at that time.

---

By the way, for anyone wondering, I've been doing some thinking on who Jack Sparrow's "helper" might be, and it is most likely Mr. Gibbs. Don't recall if anyone claimed to be associated with Keyshe, but I'd be willing to wager that it's Gibbs.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Annie said:
I don't know about you, but this made me thing Josh is probably townie:

Josh said:
I'll point this out to you guys now. The only reason I'm not voting for musicfan is because he is new. That may be shoddy reason, but I've been in a few mafia games, and there's always those few players that just can't spell and can't type and can't make a paragraph and just look scummy even though they aren't.

Take a look at um.....Sith Lord mafia if you want to. I was godmother in that game, and PokaLink was a townie. I used his newness and awful posting ability against him like a pro and got him lynched in like a couple of pages on Day one. Newness is an awful reason to lynch someone, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who uses it as a good reason.

He does make it seem like he is pro-town, but he hasn't erased my suspicions entirely yet. Scummy Josh could be switching up his meta in order to throw off us townies who played with him before. This would give him a decent defense if any accusations come up in the future. Not very likely, but possible. I'm not one to cast a player as innocent very easily.

---

?

and you role claimed as a mason! (or maybe i read wrong) why do you say it's unlikely that there are masons?

I think he's referring to other players who have not already claimed masonry. Also, considering Keyshe's death, Draco can most likely no longer be considered a mason (unless there's a third Survivor mason, which is incredibly unlikely).

---

Annie said:
Please answer honestly! Just a yes or no. That's it. Don't ask any questions. Just say yes or no. I expect everyone to answer. Please.

Annie, what is up. No player who knows anything about Mafia is going to answer this question. You're basically asking for a massive roleclaim. Maybe not to the extent of revealing our exact roles and alignment, but this is really irrational, and very tricksy. Very tricksy indeed...

IGMEOY: Annie

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I missed a lot again. I'm not even going to bother going back and responding to everything; most of it is so outdated at this point that it barely even matters...

Overall, though, I'm sort of willing to accept Dracomajora's claim for the moment. Also, I'm no longer as sure about Viral Maze. His defense made sense (kind of) and it's seemed consistent with everything else he's said so far, but I can't help but agree with everyone who said his sudden unvoting of Raindrop just because of her claim as the vig could be pointing at a scum trying to appear more Town at the last moment...

Now for the situation at hand:

Annie... I think you're setting yourself up here. You've seemed relatively Town to me so far – or at least not against the Town – so I'm just really confused as to why you think this is a good idea. Or, more importantly, why you believe ANYONE would go along with this. Like others have said, there's such a high chance of lying that I really don't think this will help anything at all. The only thing it might do is – assuming no one's going to lie – show the Mafia who not to Night Kill.

And, for the section I highlighted... how on earth is that different from a roleclaim? Asking if they're a mason – and their role. Besides, that doesn't make sense anyway. I don't think you understand what a Mason is. A Mason IS a role. I was a Mason in IDOLM@FIA, and I actually ended up roleclaiming by telling everyone I was the mason after the other mason died. I'd really like to hear your definition of role claiming.

The lack of reasoning, repetition of excuses, and confusing, halfhearted explanations are really setting me on edge here. It seems like you're trying to justify a poorly made, hasty decision, similar to how Viral kind of was. It's so strange coming from such a thorough player like you.

IGMEOY: Annie

?

If there are no other masons, then Annie is only asking for the Mafia to reveal themselves because she is claiming they are masons as well, which they are not. That's the problem. He also claimed as a Survivor, which seemed to have sort of the mason aspect thrown in there.

...That is a bit strange, though. I can see where you're coming from. Kind of odd that he'd say there are "no masons" when he kind of is one... Eh, but I'm willing to think of that as taking things literally, bcause technically his role is Survivor. On the other hand, it could potentially be scum forgetting what they pretending to claim as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom