• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok then. I’ll give you my explanation now. I have posted that post for multiple reasons. I can’t tell you most of them. I do not wish to. But one of those reasons was to see everyone’s reaction. To get the 2nd day going, basically. Nothing was happening, so I took a risk.

Also, am I the only one who feels as if this whole day has been a complete waste of time?

Not really, actually. If you guys posted more, a lot more could have been extracted. But even with the people who did post, I can still gather information. I bet that most of the people who didn’t post are Mafia. That what I’ll say.

This was the first response. I was surprised to see someone actually listen to me. Marshal’s quick response did make me suspicious. He didn’t question me. One more thing to say against him. And taking everything, it might be just enough for a vote. And considering he hasn’t posted after that, it seems even more scummy.

...What? Is there a point to this!

Meant to put a ?, not an !.

I have no idea what the hell you're doing. The Mafia obviously won't reveal themselves, and why would you want the masons to claim (assuming we have masons this game, which is very unlikely.)? What is this? And, no; mafia are not masons.

These votes were pretty aggressive, I must say. robow87 said most of what I was going to say. And it still makes me think. But I’m pretty sure his meta is being aggressive, right? If so, then that is not enough information to vote him.

Also, answering you, I would be able to collect information either way, really. If you guys answer my question or not. So yeah.

And I know that Masons are not Mafia. I was talking about that specific definition which I had given. I wanted to mention Mafia there for a reason, telling them to say yes. That would make them say no. Have you heard of WIFOM? And I know. A lot of people would be saying no too. But the Mafia would have a different behavior.

I don't like this... Why?

Are you calling the setup here, Annie? I can't think of any reason why you'd want to know this in such a public fashion...
There is nothing that prevents anyone from lying about this.

Ok. Then here’s Viral’s post. After this post, everyone’s just agreeing with this, so I can’t say much about that. But by looking at this post, Viral seems more townie to me. His voice isn’t aggressive as usual, so nothing to say there.

This raises an eyebrow. She used similar phrasing before. I didn't have any doubts about Annie before though when she asked people about their stances on other players. I'd like to see where this goes.

I would like to know where I used that phrasing before, A Link In Time. I don’t remember. All I remember is Viral Maze saying something like that - about not telling us what his plans are. I decided to do the same thing. And I’m still watching, seeing how players would react to this post.

?
this is really strange to me, and here's why.

Drac you all ready role claimed why do you care?
and you role claimed as a mason! (or maybe i read wrong) why do you say it's unlikely that there are masons?

That was actually a very good catch, robow87. I have read Draco’s response, but I still find that pretty suspicious.

Now, looking at your post. This is the first time you have created your own suspicions, am I right? I apologize if I’m wrong. It surely seems odd how you didn’t say anything about me. Are you trying to avoid the subject and lay low? It seems pretty scummy.

I wasn't referring to the post where you explained your reasons--it started before that. This post is where you voted for Raindrop, but not before mentioning that you didn't think Musicfan was scum.

It's a suggestion in the sense that I can't force anyone to put it into practice.

You’ve still pushed Viral, Thareous. It really seemed like you were stating a fact - an incorrect fact. Those weren’t the only possibilities.

In that case I simply won't vote for you. :)

Vote: Musicfan

For those of you who think this is scummy, I disagree with you. I would have done the same thing in this situation. Just saying.

Viral jumped in on Raindrop when Musicfan was tied for the most-voted player and negated any suspicion toward MF from then on. Considering that Rainy turned up Town, it's highly probable that Music is with the Pirates and was defended by Viral at that time.

Seems reasonable. Viral, if either musicfan or Marshal are scum, you are going to be leaning scum for me. It really did seem like you were trying to divert attention away from those two.

Don't recall if anyone claimed to be associated with Keyshe,

Did I read this right? You didn’t read the post when Draco claimed?

Well, then, here it is:

Well, Keyshe is dead. We were both survivors; essentially third-party masons.

I don't think The Marshal is scum, and I'm starting to doubt Viral's towniness. Now that Raindrop is proved town (by death...:/), I have no qualms about lynching musicfan. Either him or Thareous. I dunno. Probably musicfan.

What do you think about that, Thareous?

He does make it seem like he is pro-town, but he hasn't erased my suspicions entirely yet. Scummy Josh could be switching up his meta in order to throw off us townies who played with him before. This would give him a decent defense if any accusations come up in the future. Not very likely, but possible. I'm not one to cast a player as innocent very easily.

Yes. I agree with that. We can never be sure. It just made him seem more townie to me. But once again, I’m not sure.

I think he's referring to other players who have not already claimed masonry. Also, considering Keyshe's death, Draco can most likely no longer be considered a mason (unless there's a third Survivor mason, which is incredibly unlikely).

I still think it’s scummy. Any slip can be defended.

And, for the section I highlighted... how on earth is that different from a roleclaim? Asking if they're a mason – and their role. Besides, that doesn't make sense anyway. I don't think you understand what a Mason is. A Mason IS a role. I was a Mason in IDOLM@FIA, and I actually ended up roleclaiming by telling everyone I was the mason after the other mason died. I'd really like to hear your definition of role claiming.

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. Draco said that he’s a Survivor, not a Mason. He has a Mason-like ability, though. I know Mason is a role. I had given my own definition in that scenario. It wasn’t right, but it would clear things up. It was just to be used in that specific scenario.

I didn’t ask for their role. I asked if they have a Mason like ability.

From what I’ve gathered, a roleclaim is when you state your role. There’s not much to say about that.

The lack of reasoning, repetition of excuses, and confusing, halfhearted explanations are really setting me on edge here. It seems like you're trying to justify a poorly made, hasty decision, similar to how Viral kind of was. It's so strange coming from such a thorough player like you.

It bothers me a little that you would VM people instead of posting it the thread right away.

I’m just going to put these two quotes together as the answer is the same. I tried to post as less as I could so that the question gets the most attention, and I can judge people’s responses from that question, not from any of my other posts. Why do you think I barely posted? Do you think I read the book all day? No. I was waiting for more people to post something at least, but that didn’t happen.

No one else said much for the reasons we already brought up... No one wanted to answer your question.

You didn’t have to answer my question. Anything else would have helped.

I'd rate you a 5. I'm not sure what to make of you anymore. It would have been a 7 before that.

You mean how townie I seem? I ask for how scummy I seem.

Can't say for sure. I'm just looking into things; like a gambit, as you called it.

Based on his move from drawing attention away from Musicfan and on to Raindrop, as shown in the post I previously made, yes. Plus Viral's playstyle just gives off a different vibe than it usually does. Something about it doesn't feel right, so I'm looking into it by applying pressure.

Why are you ignoring me?

@ Josh. Ok. Huge post. Wow. Just wow. I really don’t know what to think of this situation. I have a feeling Viral is townie. But it also makes sense he’s Mafia. I am interested in seeing Musicfan’s role. I seriously think that if Musicfan is lynched, then everything would become a whole lot more clear.

So with that,

Unvote: Thareous

Vote: Musicfan

Sorry. You are scummy. And even if you are Mafia or not, your death would help a ton.

Anyways, back on topic:

And Annie, since you asked so nicely, I would give you a rating of -/10.

<.< Thank you.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it, musicfan may be scum. I don't know, and frankly I don't care too much. I still get the newness vibe from him, but I don't seem as much of a threat.

* I don't see him as much of a threat

I laughed at this so hard :xd:

I still think Annie is scum, she seems to want to get into everyone's minds and see how they think. Seems rather odd that she always pulls out a few accusations and literally asks us if we think she is scum, why would you ask that. ;p

Lol, I’m collecting more information, Dan.

As for the rest of this, it seems like Day 2 slowed everyone down. However I think we need some less out spoken people to come in a bit more. Dan, Sirmat, Rob, and Marshal are among those that I'd like to see a bit more of considering that they haven't posted much. It makes me wonder if a few of the mafia are staying out of the game while a few others are in here trying to stir up trouble. Let's look at it this way: we started with 18 players. Most games have about a 3:1 ratio of mafia to town so the number of mafia can't be much larger than 5. We also know that 2 of the 18 died last night, meaning 16 players left. That means as they thin down the pack it should be easier to catch a couple of them. The thing is, if there are players in the background who aren't in here actively, then it's probably a good bet that maybe one or two of them are mafia. Thus, Dan, Sirmat, Rob, Marshal? Can you all come in and tell me your analysis of the situation that's going on right now?

I agree with this. That’s why I’m mostly picking on the inactive players. I know there is at least 1 Mafia among them.

So here’s all I have to say. If you think this is not reason enough, then so be it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
You’ve still pushed Viral, Thareous. It really seemed like you were stating a fact - an incorrect fact. Those weren’t the only possibilities.

What "fact" are you referring to, exactly? Yes, I did apply some pressure on Viral for a bit, yet doing that and stating something are two separate intentions, and they don't tie together, or else I'd know. And all those other possibilities were considered, but ultimately neglected because they felt like extraneous drivel.

Did I read this right? You didn’t read the post when Draco claimed?

I recall browsing over something like that, but didn't remember who'd claimed at the time that I made that post.

Why are you ignoring me?

Uh...Wat.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I didn’t ask for their role. I asked if they have a Mason like ability.
As I pointed out before, this quote confuses me:
Just asking if they are Masons - along with their role. But I'm not asking for their actual role.
"I'm asking if they are masons - along with with their role." I really don't understand that. Somehow that's not asking for their role...?

Annie said:
I’m just going to put these two quotes together as the answer is the same. I tried to post as less as I could so that the question gets the most attention, and I can judge people’s responses from that question, not from any of my other posts. Why do you think I barely posted? Do you think I read the book all day? No. I was waiting for more people to post something at least, but that didn’t happen.
Hmm. That actually makes a lot of sense. It's rather clever, and we all clearly fell for it. But that level of manipulation is what kind of concerns me and makes me hesitant to trust you again. I feel like this was kind of a wake up call for me.

Annie said:
You mean how townie I seem? I ask for how scummy I seem.
...Oops. Read that wrong. XD Guess I meant 3 then, haha.

Yup. Some people should post a bit more (Sirmat, Dan, everyone else under 10 or so posts)

Rob: You've already posting your opinion on Draco's post that questioned Annie's mason-question, but what do you think of Annie, herself, specifically her plan.

Josh: Why is your gut telling you to vote for me and what do you think of musicfan?

Thar: So do you still think I'm scum (in league in MF)?

I don' think she has a plan to tell the truth, she also seems wish-y wash-y.
she's ether the GF or a cop..... or a really active aggressive player
thanks for clearing that up Drac.

EBWODP
and annie i would say 5-7 at this point.

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life

Annie said:
Just asking if they are Masons - along with their role. But I'm not asking for their actual role.

"I'm asking if they are masons - along with with their role." I really don't understand that. Somehow that's not asking for their role...?

I think Annie simply worded that badly. It seems to me that what she meant to say was: "I'm asking if they have mason-like abilities as part of their role, but not actually asking for their role." Am I right in saying that, Annie?

---

I'm currently feeling this waste of time thing again. We're kind of just going around in circles. No one is really getting anywhere.

Right now, it seems like the town's biggest suspicions are Viral, based off of a theory, and musicbro, based off of the same theory. I really want to hear what musicthing has to say about this before I can do much else.

Eduarda

What "fact" are you referring to, exactly? Yes, I did apply some pressure on Viral for a bit, yet doing that and stating something are two separate intentions, and they don't tie together, or else I'd know. And all those other possibilities were considered, but ultimately neglected because they felt like extraneous drivel.

Here is your full post:

Now that Viral has pretty much busted out (for now), I no longer think of him as true scum. My initial misgivings were based on a hunch, after all, so they were already faulty at best. But Viral's explanation of his playstyle has left virtually no grounds for my instinctiveness to persist. Might as well withdraw and seek a new, more current lead, yet not without stating a plan of my own.

Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

I'm hinging that scenario for the time being. Nobody else really sticks out to me at the moment.

The middle paragraph. It really seems like you're stating a fact.

And then that.

That aside, I'm getting a feeling that Town is getting led into voting for one of their own.

And a few things here and there.

I recall browsing over something like that, but didn't remember who'd claimed at the time that I made that post.

You did not remember a claim? That's pretty important. Anyways, so - as I had asked you before - what do you think of Draco's claim? Do you think he's saying the truth?

Uh...Wat.

Wat?

|
V
I think Annie simply worded that badly. It seems to me that what she meant to say was: "I'm asking if they have mason-like abilities as part of their role, but not actually asking for their role." Am I right in saying that, Annie?

Yes. Exactly. Thank you, Keeseman ^^

Also, while I was trying to find Viral's post to link to it, I started reading the conversation going on then. It made me think. I know I should reread all of Day one, but I really don't want to reread 25 pages. But Darknut_Hunter, you haven't answered my question on this post. Yeah.

I don' think she has a plan to tell the truth, she also seems wish-y wash-y.

Wishy washy meaning I change my votes often? I know it's been brought up before (I don't remember by who, I think A Link In Time), but I guess that's just the way I play ;)

EBWODP
and annie i would say 5-7 at this point.

Also, can you defend your choice?

Right now, it seems like the town's biggest suspicions are Viral, based off of a theory, and musicbro, based off of the same theory. I really want to hear what musicthing has to say about this before I can do much else.

Fan. Music fan. Not bro. Not thing. Not man. But fan :P

EBWODP

Oops. Sorry Darknut_Hunter. You did respond. I checked, and saw you did. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage

---

I'm currently feeling this waste of time thing again. We're kind of just going around in circles. No one is really getting anywhere.

I would say that it is not a baseless theory. Now that I look back at day one it is pretty skumy what I said.
Also Annie what do you have to say to say about my opinion of you? (In terms of the 7/10)

Eduarda

Also Annie what do you have to say to say about my opinion of you? (In terms of the 7/10)

Umm... you are asking what you should say to justify your rating? Well, say whatever you wish. Anything. Quotes, examples, whatever makes you think I'm scummy ;)

EBWODP

Wait, wait, what? I said that to robow87. Not to you, musicfan. What are you talking about?

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Umm... you are asking what you should say to justify your rating? Well, say whatever you wish. Anything. Quotes, examples, whatever makes you think I'm scummy ;)

EBWODP

Wait, wait, what? I said that to robow87. Not to you, musicfan. What are you talking about?

No it just seems like you shruged it off. I I said about the mason clameing and the VM's although im Not 100% shore I typed the mason part I'll go check.

EBWODP
I did not post about the mason only about the vms IDK why I did not.

Last edited:

Eduarda

No it just seems like you shruged it off. I I said about the mason clameing and the VM's although im Not 100% shore I typed the mason part I'll go check.

EBWODP
I did not post about the mason only about the vms IDK why I did not.

Umm... ok. I don't understand what you are trying to say here. You think I shrugged off your suspicions? I responded to the VM thing:

The VM thing still applies here. If I had told you guys that I have my reasons in a post, you would question it, I would respond, and the attention would move away from my question. That's why I put it in a VM so that the question would still be the focus for others.

And what do you mean about the Mason thing? If you have anything to say, then you can say it ;) I would be happy to respond.

EBWODP

Ok, guys. Nothing is happening. I'm getting really bored. So I'm going to start asking some questions again.

Sirmat, Dan, robow87, musicfan, The Marshal, how would you act like if you were Mafia? How would you play? Don't say "like how I do", but describe it. Be detailed.

And Dan, be serious. Please.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Umm... ok. I don't understand what you are trying to say here. You think I shrugged off your suspicions? I responded to the VM thing:

The VM thing still applies here. If I had told you guys that I have my reasons in a post, you would question it, I would respond, and the attention would move away from my question. That's why I put it in a VM so that the question would still be the focus for others.

And what do you mean about the Mason thing? If you have anything to say, then you can say it ;) I would be happy to respond.

EBWODP

Ok, guys. Nothing is happening. I'm getting really bored. So I'm going to start asking some questions again.

Sirmat, Dan, robow87, musicfan, The Marshal, how would you act like if you were Mafia? How would you play? Don't say "like how I do", but describe it. Be detailed.

And Dan, be serious. Please.

I would play like you are playing right now. Be as pro town as possible.

robow87 how would you act like if you were Mafia? How would you play? Don't say "like how I do", but describe it. Be detailed.

? i don't like were this is going......
also when i said 5-7 a meant that as 10=if they aren't town then my name is a;loij.
back to why i don't like that question
1 this is my first game
2 if i tell you and that's how i'm playing then i'm scum

Yeah, I admit that I am not active at all.
With all the suspicions thrown around at everyone, I am rotting in my own confusion.

The Marshal, how would you act like if you were Mafia?
If I was mafia, I'd most likely ask the others about a certain plan I have so they can pinpoint the large flaws in it. Flaws in a plan could be used strategically. And follow a common strategy as the others. If I was not sure at doing something, I'd ask the more experianced people for an advice. I would achieve more with working as a team, than being a lone-wolf. Although, ofcource I would cover it up, so I do look like I am acting alone. And I would not let myself seem too pro-town, since that would raise unnecessary suspicion on me. Ofcource there are other plans that I could use, but its almost impossible to list all of them. But the one that I wrote would be the most plausible one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom