• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So we were pawns?

I think I fell for it first. Don't remember. So what does that make me?

Nothing yet. It's just a contingency if I'm wrong, which happens a lot, so it's nice to have more fuel for future fires.

As for right now I'd like to know what The Marshal thinks of Rainy.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Well, I've got to say that was pretty impressive. Probably the least thing I would expect. And with that:

Unvote: Viral Maze

I have not voted anyone because now I'm just left completely and utterly confused. And sort of just tired of Mafia.

EBWODP

*last, not least

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
And sort of just tired of Mafia.

Tends to happen when you post like a tornado ;)

Rainy, how confident are you that me and musicfan are scum? You've already mentioned attacking your attacker, so obviously you knew what you were doing when you said what you said (and voted the way you voted), but do you really think I'm scum for voting for you when all eyes were on MF and Marshal? Think back to FMA Mafia.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
lol, Keyshe I love how you keep calling musicfan "magicfan." xD

LittleGumball said:
Kinda sounds like you're defending Rainy a LOT Heroine...

I'm not sure if she's defending Rainy so much as disagreeing with the logic certain people are using to incriminate her. As Heroine later said, she's in trouble if Rainy is mafia but if Rainy's a townie, then perhaps we should take a deeper look into the votes cast for her.

Keyshe said:
We should lynch someone today but it is bets to pick it judiciously as possible.

Hmm? Why the change in heart Keyshe?

I'm refraining from RvS voting because it will likely result in a townie death. The mafia will kill a townie tonight which will give us some information on how to progress with one less townie fatality.

Heroine of Time said:
He was even encouraging LG to jump in the bandwagon before explaining everything.

This short snippet confuses me. Are you using Viral pressuring Gumball as an example or are you suggesting they are potentially working together?

Heroine of Time said:
I suppose Raindrop's just as scummy at the moment (at least to most people), so they're trying to lynch at least someone – and, truly, her lynch will reveal a bit. If she's Mafia, then I'm ready to take back most of what I said here.

The reason I first highlighted Rainy's post was because she produced a similar list in Beginner's Mafia 7 and turned out to be scum. From her posts I have no clue where she's aligned but precise pin downs like that prompts me to raise an eyebrow.

It's a similar situation to musicfan's statement in post #274.

I'm also a bit suspicious of robow87 but I think his random unsupported votes are a result of inexperience.

Annie said:
Your vote is at Heroine of Time right now. Do you think anyone is more scummyer than her at this moment?

That's a running joke on Gumball's part.

Annie said:
Also, I have noticed that in you list, you haven't gone farther than 55% of town or scum. Are you trying to stay more neutral?

I noticed that too but no one has traveled to the extreme ends of the spectrum yet and hell, I'd be more suspicious of someone if they found someone to have a high chance of being mafia this early in the game.

Annie said:
And my votes are changing a lot - I'm sure you know. They are jumping from one person to another. So I doubt this would stay.

I've never been a fan of people changing their votes frequently. I understand you're trying to apply pressure right now but at later parts of the game it can be seen as insecurity, voting just to vote. I've always been a supporter of voting for someone only after ample evidence has been gathered and then pursuing that vote.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
lol, Keyshe I love how you keep calling musicfan "magicfan." xD
O_O oops.. not sure why I do that lol

Hmm? Why the change in heart Keyshe?
I believe you are referring to this comment?
I agree ALIT a lynch only based on RVSing would be bad. It'd more or less would be a random lynch with like 75% killing a townie. I don't mind RVs for conversation starters but vote/lynchs more on fact's/evidence will create more evidence.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f111/pirates-mafia-curse-black-pearl-42600-16.html#post715876

I'm not apposed to lynching, and understand it is used to get vital information/evidence on finding scum later by their votes. But lynchs need to be thought out and smart.

Every post you do I read with Trundles voice XD

EBWOP:
I noticed that too but no one has traveled to the extreme ends of the spectrum yet and hell, I'd be more suspicious of someone if they found someone to have a high chance of being mafia this early in the game.
Everyone's suspects are seen as high chance to be scum over everyone else, no one votes seriously with out thinking they are scum. Rainy is positive Viral is scum by her last post and so is Musicfan. :/

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Annie, sorry about not quoting but to answer your question. I feel like I've stretched out my argument with Marshal far enough for the time being. It doesn't mean I'm saying he's not Mafia, but rather that I'd like to focus on the discussion at hand. Focusing my limited time on a player who's not on here that often is nothing but a waste of my time when I could analyze everything else. You bolded where I IGMEOY'd Marshal, meaning I'm still watching him.

Not only that, but Viral brings up a good point a few posts up.

Rainy, how confident are you that me and musicfan are scum? You've already mentioned attacking your attacker, so obviously you knew what you were doing when you said what you said (and voted the way you voted), but do you really think I'm scum for voting for you when all eyes were on MF and Marshal? Think back to FMA Mafia.

Rainy came in and essentially diverted the attention away from both Marshal and musicfan. It was a sudden move too. Personally I will always view Rainy as scum in these games because I hold grudges fell victim to her as a mafia member in her first game where she was able to use a quote of mine against me and falsely incriminate me. This playstyle she has right now seems as scummy as her player percentile post from that game, where I accurately guessed 2 or 3 of the other mafia as well as her. So I've got her reasonably figured out I'd say. She tries to use her opinions to sway the audience. All her opinions are based on "gut feelings" most of the time. As Raj put it, she plays based on emotion.

Now for the two she distracted us from. I'm not sure what to think of musicfan. His actions are different and I'm not sure if I trust him or not. Meanwhile Marshal is still on my scum radar. His excessive defense coupled with lack of activity are very scummy tactics.

So Annie, I'd like your opinion on a couple people. For now I'd like to hear what your opinions on Thareous and Dan are.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
EBWODP:
Thareous I get you are suspicious/don't trust Viral (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f111/pirates-mafia-curse-black-pearl-42600-17.html#post715968) but placing doubt with out offering any thing more to go on right at end of the day isn't helping.. Are there any suspicious you have or can think of a better lynch target?

Now that Viral has pretty much busted out (for now), I no longer think of him as true scum. My initial misgivings were based on a hunch, after all, so they were already faulty at best. But Viral's explanation of his playstyle has left virtually no grounds for my instinctiveness to persist. Might as well withdraw and seek a new, more current lead, yet not without stating a plan of my own.

Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

I'm hinging that scenario for the time being. Nobody else really sticks out to me at the moment.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
So Annie, I'd like your opinion on a couple people. For now I'd like to hear what your opinions on Thareous and Dan are.

Tough question. They posted very little. So it's hard to gather information from them. So I won't make a detailed post this time. It's midnight, and I got to get to sleep.

Dan
I dunno. As I said. I think my best bet is that he's town. I don't think that Mafia would act so scummy. Or maybe he's a really bold Mafia. Either way, he's not helping yet, and is pretty useless.

Thareous
Hard to tell, as I said. Little posts. Don't know. But my gut tells me he's scum. I can't back it up. It's just a bit of a lot of small little things. Looking helpful. Posting very little. Posting a lot. So you get what I mean? By posting little, I meant having less posts. By posting a lot, I mean content wise. I just have a feeling he's scum.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Keyshe said:
Every post you do I read with Trundles voice XD

xD

"The trolls are going to war!"

Keyshe said:
I'm not apposed to lynching, and understand it is used to get vital information/evidence on finding scum later by their votes. But lynchs need to be thought out and smart.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. That's my position on lynching as well. I've never liked the RvS stage because everyone is doing there own thing and votes are tossed everywhere rather than zone in on a single target or two or three players at most late game.

Darknut_Hunter said:
Now for the two she distracted us from. I'm not sure what to think of musicfan. His actions are different and I'm not sure if I trust him or not. Meanwhile Marshal is still on my scum radar. His excessive defense coupled with lack of activity are very scummy tactics.

I'm not sure what to make of this, to be honest. At an earlier point in the game, I'm pretty sure Rainy voted against musicfan and she doesn't seem to have any ties with the Marshall.

We'll see how this play out once we learn Rainy's allegiance.

Thareous said:
Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

I'm not sure we should instinctively target Viral if Rainy's town. It's still the RvS stage after all.

Viral's known to play aggressively but as he said before, he has good reason to do so:

Viral Maze said:
After my votes, I give tidbits of information and see who bites on the bits of information I give. Who bites first, on the least, who bites last on the most, etc. I've lead bandwagons on town accidentally, and this way helps me determine who was town and scum later.

We'll see where to go day two but for now, is everyone who voted for Rainy confident in their vote?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Thareous
Hard to tell, as I said. Little posts. Don't know. But my gut tells me he's scum. I can't back it up. It's just a bit of a lot of small little things. Looking helpful. Posting very little. Posting a lot. So you get what I mean? By posting little, I meant having less posts. By posting a lot, I mean content wise. I just have a feeling he's scum.

Aside from the part where I'm mainly too busy to respond consistently, I only post when there's something that really sticks out to me. And when I do get around to it, then I try to present as much substance as possible. Sure the way I go about it may seem scummy, but that's me preferring to pursue something tangible over jumping at random little things. Plus, having to catch up after getting back in front of the screen from whatever, and then reciprocate to nearly every single thing is too time-wasting. If you put yourself in that spot for a second then you'll see why my contribution is on the short end at this time. But it does take time to formulate correct opinions on everyone, especially when the crowd is so diverse in this round.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

Pretty black and white. What do you think of MF and Marshal, Thar?

EBDP: To add onto my question, Thar, if you had to vote for someone, who would it be?

Last edited:

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Pretty black and white. What do you think of MF and Marshal, Thar?

The entire game is monochrome from my perspective. It's all a matter of piecing the right slots together.

Most of their posts are fluff from what I could tell. Like I said before, nobody else really sticks out to me, but then I've had to speed-read just to catch up. All the same, I remember this one post where Musicfan voted for you, and it seemed to me like he was trying to cover his tracks. That was either to make himself seem like Town or disguise his loyalty to you. Therefore I don't see a good chance of him being Town.

TheMarshal is tougher to call, because I didn't pay specific attention to him. I'll have to read through the thread again sometime.

Pen

The game is on!
Current Vote Tally
Heroine of Time 1 (LittleGumball)
Dracomajora 1 (The Marshal)
Raindrop14 5 (Josh, Viral Maze, Keeseman, robow87, Dracomajora)
musicfan 2 (Raindrop14, Keyshe)
Viral Maze 2 (musicfan, Heroine of Time)
Annie 1 (Dan)

There are now 15 hours remaining of day one...

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Too lazy to get the actual post, but...
Annie said:
Also, I have noticed that in you list, you haven't gone farther than 55% of town or scum. Are you trying to stay more neutral?

No. It's early, and not much evidence has presented itself, so all I can do is sway a bit off the equilibrium. Once we get a few rounds in, I may or may not bring the percentages back and they will most likely be higher due to stronger evidence/opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom