• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'll be on in the morning to make my last shpeal, unless a majoraty is reached over night. But if you have anything else you want from me spill it before the **** crows. ;>

Rainy, how confident are you that me and musicfan are scum? You've already mentioned attacking your attacker, so obviously you knew what you were doing when you said what you said (and voted the way you voted), but do you really think I'm scum for voting for you when all eyes were on MF and Marshal? Think back to FMA Mafia.

I have a very strong gut feeling right now and I'm very confident. You can be very tricksy Viral, I don't trust you. ;)

Personally I will always view Rainy as scum in these games because I hold grudges fell victim to her as a mafia member in her first game where she was able to use a quote of mine against me and falsely incriminate me.

Oh I'm flattered. :rolleyes:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Geez, none of you seem to understand the concept of "pressure voting", as I call it. Except Viral, of course, and maybe Josh.

Annie said:
Keeseman said:
But from this point on, I don't think it would be smart for anyone else to vote for Rainy. She's already got a far ahead enough majority, so I don't think she needs any more said pressure.
You just voted for Raindrop. This makes no sense.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Rainy already had enough pressure votes on her; she doesn't need any more than the 5 she already has. Not as I see it at this point, anyway. Raj agrees with me:

Not Sure If Drunk Raj said:
And that's why my vote is still on her, because I'm trying to figure out which she is.

That's the point of pressure voting; to discover someone's identity, put some pressure on them. Depending on their reactions, we can logically deduce their identity, or at least get a bit more evidence.

Wyatt does it. Raj does it. I've learnt to do it. We find it works. That's why Viral and I have voted for Rainy. We're investigating her, not trying to lynch her.

Thar said:
Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

Did you not read anything about what Raj said about his playstyle?

That Aggressive Dude said:
Besides, if I really wanted her lynched, I'd be asking/pestering everyone to vote her. But you can see that I'm not. I'm investigating.

That's the point of pressure voting; it's not to get people lynched for no reason - that's what you do if you're a scumbag - it's to investigate.

---

LG said:
What I want to see
I want to see more of Thareous, Dracomajora, Darknut_Hunter, Mido, and Keeseman. They've been lurking in the shadows mostly. I know it's still Day 1, but considering all the activity going on, you guys should be here too. Speak up a bit

I'd love to post more, LG. I really would. But the time zone difference always messes with that (I'm in UTC +8:00). I'm doing the best I can, though. :D

Annie said:
robow87 deserves an FoS in my opinion. He's way too scummy to bear. It's getting to a point that it's hard to push it off as all newbie mistakes now.

What's the difference between an IGMEOY and a FoS? They're both implying suspicions. But maybe a FoS is stronger somehow, so:

FoS: robow87

Happy? :bleh:

Rainy said:
I have a very strong gut feeling right now and I'm very confident. You can be very tricksy Viral, I don't trust you.

Wow, that means absolutely nothing. Very confident in a gut feeling? That's why you're sure that Viral is scum and in cahoots with musicfan/dude/guy?

Do you have anything to back up your claim? You kinda dodged the real question there, unless a gut feeling is all you're going off of.

EBWODP:

This is most likely gonna be my last post before the day ends, as I won't have access to ZD until tomorrow morning, so I'm just going to say that my vote will remain on Rainy.

Rainy, you seem like the most scummy player to me right now. I have had my doubts, but I'm sticking with this for now

To the rest of you: I hope that this can be figured out before the day's end, and if you do conclude that Rainy doesn't deserve to die, then please take back your votes. However, at this time, I cannot withdraw my vote due to suspicions. Good luck with this one, town.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm fine with a Rainy or Musicfan lynch. Rainy because shes acting out of character, and musicfan because, although I think he's acting how he acted in Police Mafia, he's still acting kind of scummy. I've been burned on attributing playstyles to ignorance rather than malice before (Monkey Fight Squad in FMA Mafia, anyone? >___>)

Rainy, last question. Why are you town?

EBDP:
Seems like the day will be over at 6pm for us on the east coast of North America, and 3pm for the those on the westcoast.

Pendio is UTC + 1, so +/- from your timezone to get your local time for the deadline.

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Because I'm the vigilante.
Or a serial killer too lol. She also could be lying too...

If she is really vig, that means if she did live she'd go after Viral/musicfan/Marshal in the night. I don't trust Viral, but I think her gut instinct is a little faulty. Seems it's largely based on that she was targeted by him. Which I don't get why he HAS to be scum, he put doubt on her early enough not presser though and Josh/Annie were the first. So there is plenty of room for him to be town Viral. There a chance we can give her and as a town tell her who to vig that's a good test/control for safety sake. Though I don't know if the mafia have a blocker or if we do.

EBDP:
We probably have a doctor if someone needs to counter claim-- at the moment though don't, wait to see who believes her or not first.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Or a serial killer too lol. She also could be lying too...
I'm willing to believe her. I've had my doubts and her answer to my 2nd last question was what was making me change my mind. Though I didn't expect her to claim, she seems more townie now than before. Don't ask me why, I'd rather not reveal my thought process (similar to my spat with Draco in FMA Mafia). Once you reveal it, it becomes irrelevant as a scum/town tell.

There a chance we can give her and as a town tell her who to vig that's a good test/control for safety sake. Though I don't know if the mafia have a blocker or if we do.

I'm willing to test that. I mean, it won't help us determine whether shes a SK or vig, but if shes lying our vig will go after her tonight.

We probably have a doctor if someone needs to counter claim-- at the moment though don't, wait to see who believes her or not first.
If we have a counterclaim, don't claim. Just vig tonight.

Its a terrible gambit if Rainy is mafia; claiming vig. Unless shes some sort of mafia bomb (kills the person who night kills her) but I don't think thats the case. At least, I hope not.

EBDP:
Unvote

Kirino

Tatakae
Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

I'm hinging that scenario for the time being. Nobody else really sticks out to me at the moment.

I don't like this post at all. Have you ever considered that Viral could be wrong? Or that he would be willing to sacrifice one of his scumbuddies in order to gain early town cred? Both scenarios are highly likely and plausible, and you can't just dismiss them. I can't see a town Thareous just ignoring that and making blind assumptions like you're doing. I can, however, see a scum Thareous either trying to gain some momentum for a Viral lynch tomorrow (if Rainy is town), or trying to get his scumbuddy some approval tomorrow if Raindrop is scum.(although the first of these two is much more plausible.)

As for Raindrop, I'll just unvote her and go with what's been suggested. She could be telling the truth, although I see this as more of a scum trying a last attempt to draw a counter-claim from the real vigilante, and I really don't believe her. Whether she's telling the truth or not, she'll almost certainly be dead tomorrow, unless she's nightkill immune. For now:

Unvote: Raindrop14

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
My vote is still on Magicman... Magicfan... I mean Musicman!
It's him for a lynch, an inactive or go for again... Marshal-- but I would like to see what he does day two and how he vote suspects. He's been really quiet as of late though, your not helping bro! D: You're at least better then Dan though..
For nightkill suggestions... an inactive like: Mido, Pendio, robow87, Dan, Sirmat.
There are few others who are low on post but their content is better: Keeseman, Thareous, Darknut_Hunter-- so I'd rather not risk then on a random night kill.

Someone asked about my opinion on Raindrop.

Well, as said before, people say that she appeared really innocent, but turned out to be from the mafia in the last game. I don't know what to believe right now. People say that theres an inconsistency with her previous games, but since I was not there, I can't really tell. Also, since she was mafia in the last game, that inconsistency may be a result of a change of roles. I'd say 50/50. Also, I sort of do not believe the vigilante claim. Seems like a last resort defence to me. Can a vigilantes make a kill on the day that they are lynched?

Also, on my vote on Dracomajora, as it's a single vote which won't do any damage, there's no point in unvoting. Though if he receives a second vote without no reason, I will most likely unvote. I still hold some of my suspicions though.

Kirino

Tatakae
Can a vigilantes make a kill on the day that they are lynched?

Vigilantes can only kill during the night.

Speaking of which, what if someone targets the vigilante on the same night that they do their kill? I've seen it handled differently. Does the vig die without getting to do their kill? Or does it depend on the order in which they sent their kill?

The Marshal said:
Also, on my vote on Dracomajora, as it's a single vote which won't do any damage, there's no point in unvoting. Though if he receives a second vote without no reason, I will most likely unvote. I still hold some of my suspicions though.

Is there really nobody else you find suspicious?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
My vote is still on Magicman... Magicfan... I mean Musicman!
It's him for a lynch, an inactive or go for again... Marshal-- but I would like to see what he does day two and how he vote suspects. He's been really quiet as of late though, your not helping bro! D:

I'm debating between Marshal and Musicfan as well. MF has been playing as he did in Police Mafia (once again, meta). Tossing votes out, going on gut feelings (according to him).

Can a vigilantes make a kill on the day that they are lynched?
A night vig cannot kill if they are lynched before the night.
A day vig can kill if they submit their request before the hammer vote/deadline.

I don't get this... I'm trying to, but I don't.

Speaking of which, what if someone targets the vigilante on the same night that they do their kill? I've seen it handled differently. Does the vig die without getting to do their kill? Or does it depend on the order in which they sent their kill?

Both are resolved at the same time. Vig gets their kill, other killer kills vig. Or at least, thats how I do it/seen it done.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I could do a Marshal-lynch...

EBDP
~2hrs away from deadline, if I'm not mistaken

Vote: The Marshal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom