• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
?
this is really strange to me, and here's why.

Drac you all ready role claimed why do you care?
and you role claimed as a mason! (or maybe i read wrong) why do you say it's unlikely that there are masons?

Except I'm not a mason. I have the same function as a mason, but I'm third-party, and my role is different. It makes no sense to include masons in a set-up that already includes roles that literally play the exact same way as masons. It'd be completely redundant. I highly doubt there are any masons; I've pretty much ruled out the possibility already. That's one of the reasons why I find Annie's current behavior so odd. Not necessarily scummy, since I'm having trouble imagining a scum motive for this, but odd.

Also, am I the only one who feels as if this whole day has been a complete waste of time?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Also, am I the only one who feels as if this whole day has been a complete waste of time?

Yup. Some people should post a bit more (Sirmat, Dan, everyone else under 10 or so posts)

Rob: You've already posting your opinion on Draco's post that questioned Annie's mason-question, but what do you think of Annie, herself, specifically her plan.

Josh: Why is your gut telling you to vote for me and what do you think of musicfan?

Thar: So do you still think I'm scum (in league in MF)?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok then. No one else said much. I wished you guys spoke more. But whatever. Now, before I tell you my explanation, I want you to tell me - looking at just my question post - what is the possibility of me being scum on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being the least. 10 being the most.

Mido

Version 1
Yup. Some people should post a bit more (Sirmat, Dan, everyone else under 10 or so posts)

I'll see what I can do.

But yeah, I agree that Thareous has been confusing, perhaps I haven't read into him enough. All I've seen was his change in vote to musicfan, and he did say he wouldn't vote for you. Now I can't speak for Thareous, but based on his last post, he seems to still think you and musicfan are in cahoots.

Now to address Annie. Annie, I would probably rate you at around 5-6 at the moment. I mean, I think you've been playing very pro-town through the game thus far, but do think your question was a bit drastic. If anyone put it best, DH said about how it ruins the game concept. (In the sense of purpose) I've seen it completely destroy games like in FMA, the Mafia were steamrolled as a result at the end of the game, under the previous sense. Now by your previous posts, it seems that you are just confused about roleclaiming, but I don't know if that's the case.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Ok then. No one else said much. I wished you guys spoke more. But whatever. Now, before I tell you my explanation, I want you to tell me - looking at just my question post - what is the possibility of me being scum on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being the least. 10 being the most.
No one else said much for the reasons we already brought up... No one wanted to answer your question.

I'd rate you a 5. I'm not sure what to make of you anymore. It would have been a 7 before that.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Thar: So do you still think I'm scum (in league in MF)?

Can't say for sure. I'm just looking into things; like a gambit, as you called it.

But yeah, I agree that Thareous has been confusing, perhaps I haven't read into him enough. All I've seen was his change in vote to musicfan, and he did say he wouldn't vote for you. Now I can't speak for Thareous, but based on his last post, he seems to still think you and musicfan are in cahoots.

Based on his move from drawing attention away from Musicfan and on to Raindrop, as shown in the post I previously made, yes. Plus Viral's playstyle just gives off a different vibe than it usually does. Something about it doesn't feel right, so I'm looking into it by applying pressure.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Where exactly are we going with this game?

If anything, Thareous believing bandwagoning Rainy before she role claimed convinces me he might not be scum but it's too early to tell.

I'm not sure about Viral either.

Seems like most productive discussion is between them right now. Everyone else is running in circles.

Josh: Why is your gut telling you to vote for me and what do you think of musicfan?

When playing mafia I generally like to come in with the notion that everyone is town. Now this probably an awful viewpoint, but I try and hold myself to it. People sway my opinions over time, but I like to give everyone a chance to keep that rank.

As Day one progressed you voted for Raindrop, then I voted for Raindrop. I kept my vote on her (which was obviously a mistake), but she was still the best lead I could get on Day one of a mafia game. She never responded to my logic until like 10 pages later after someone brought it up another two times. She was evasive, and I don't care if you are the vig or not, claiming vig on Day one, or even claiming vig at all, is hard to believe.

But the thing is, you unvoted right before Raindrop got lynched. Like, hours before. You play it off as trying to pressure people into claiming who they are, but for whatever reason I don't believe that story. It's a great story and it makes sense, but I think pressure voting is getting a few votes on someone a few days before they get lynched, not enough so that they die even when they claim vig. And hell, what if Raindrop was mafia and claimed vig? Would you still have unvoted if the real vig didn't say anything?

If you were to believe that your pressure voting tactic would work you would need votes to actually put pressure on someone. Thus, you would almost have to lead a bandwagon or provide credible evidence to make people vote for her and find out where her true loyalties lie. But what happens then?

Do you just throw caution to the wind? Oh good, I figured out Raindrop was the vig! Oh ****, too bad she's dead now. Either this tactic is useless unless you find a mafia role of some importance (which is like, rare), or you're just throwing punches for the hell of it.

Then Day 2 comes around and you make a standard oh bad last lynch post.....but then you start throwing rocks at someone else and using the same tactic continually. I don't know about you, but when I started playing mafia I was taught to look back at the previous day and see who led bandwagons (or who jumped on them, I guess) and start prosecuting them. Not Thareous, some random *** player that made a post against the person that I would almost completely blame for just lynching the vig.

Keyshe died during the night. Now, from what I got from Keyshe, she wasn't all there on Day 1. It reminds me of.....Pokemon Mafia where I killed illmatic with my special Godfather abilities because he was an irrelevant player. No suspicions would arise from his death, and certainly not me or my fellow mafia would die because of it. That leads me to believe if a mafia were to use that same logic, then Keyshe died because we were not onto scum, and the mafia didn't feel the need to kill whoever might be targeting them. Night 1 kill, who really cares, right?

And then you start targeting Thareous. Which as I think I mentioned before, was some random *** player who made some random *** post criticizing you, and you're leading this tirade for which I personally don't agree with. I may have been wrong myself with Raindrop, but I don't believe at all that Thareous is scum. I may not be able to entirely prove why, but I personally couldn't believe that an experienced mafia player such as yourself would make such a bad mistake twice.

Ever since day two started I've been trying to decide for myself whether you or Annie are scum. I know one of you are, but I don't get that vibe from her. I think she's either town, but I'm leaning more to third-party as this day drags on. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Certainly not as bad as mafia.

/logic

And Annie, since you asked so nicely, I would give you a rating of -/10.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it, musicfan may be scum. I don't know, and frankly I don't care too much. I still get the newness vibe from him, but I don't seem as much of a threat.

* I don't see him as much of a threat

Last edited:

Dan

Dan what do you think about every thing that is going on? You have not posted anything so far for day 2.

Sorry Mister! But I've had to take care of my kids for the whole bloody weekend when my ****ing deadbeat husband ****s off to France for work apparently. Sorry I'm just really upset about it all. I still think Annie is scum, she seems to want to get into everyone's minds and see how they think. Seems rather odd that she always pulls out a few accusations and literally asks us if we think she is scum, why would you ask that. ;p

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I hope you're not serious Dan... Wait, I hope you are, actually.

And hell, what if Raindrop was mafia and claimed vig? Would you still have unvoted if the real vig didn't say anything?
That's neither here nor there. But I had a feeling she was town when I asked her 'Why are you town' (leading to her claim). I kept my vote on her for pressure. I'm sure you'll never guess correctly why I started thinking she was town.

That leads me to believe if a mafia were to use that same logic, then Keyshe died because we were not onto scum, and the mafia didn't feel the need to kill whoever might be targeting them. Night 1 kill, who really cares, right?
Probably, yeah.

And then you start targeting Thareous. Which as I think I mentioned before, was some random *** player who made some random *** post criticizing you, and you're leading this tirade for which I personally don't agree with. I may have been wrong myself with Raindrop, but I don't believe at all that Thareous is scum. I may not be able to entirely prove why, but I personally couldn't believe that an experienced mafia player such as yourself would make such a bad mistake twice.
I'm not targeting Thar... He said he thought I was scum since he knew Rainy was town. Rainy flips town, so I asked him what he thought about me. Why? Because this is the perfect opportunity for scum to lead (or hop onto) a bandwagon against me. So I try to coax people along, even onto a wagon directed against me.

Ever since day two started I've been trying to decide for myself whether you or Annie are scum. I know one of you are, but I don't get that vibe from her.
Know or think?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Gotta say before this if you had asked I'd say 2-3/10 but now I'm leaning more like 5-6/10. Annie I'm sure you have a good reason for this, I just hope that it's helpful to the town as a whole by the end of this line of questioning.

As for the rest of this, it seems like Day 2 slowed everyone down. However I think we need some less out spoken people to come in a bit more. Dan, Sirmat, Rob, and Marshal are among those that I'd like to see a bit more of considering that they haven't posted much. It makes me wonder if a few of the mafia are staying out of the game while a few others are in here trying to stir up trouble. Let's look at it this way: we started with 18 players. Most games have about a 3:1 ratio of mafia to town so the number of mafia can't be much larger than 5. We also know that 2 of the 18 died last night, meaning 16 players left. That means as they thin down the pack it should be easier to catch a couple of them. The thing is, if there are players in the background who aren't in here actively, then it's probably a good bet that maybe one or two of them are mafia. Thus, Dan, Sirmat, Rob, Marshal? Can you all come in and tell me your analysis of the situation that's going on right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom