• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I hate to be one of these guys, but here's a reads list.

Annie -- Diagnosis: Leaning scum
Viral -- Diagnosis: Leaning scum
Thareous -- Diagnosis: SCUMBAG
musicfan -- Diagnosis: SCUMBAG
Heroine of Time -- Diagnosis: Town
Sirmat -- Diagnosis: Town
Josh -- Diagnosis: Leaning town

Everyone else is either null or minor.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Looks like Christmas. And I still don't know who your role is :(

Did you vote, Draco? Also, why is Josh town (or Sirmat).

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Can someone explain to me why several people believe Thareous is leaning scum?

I feel like he hasn't contributed enough to judge. His largest contribution was severely doubting Viral's bandwagon on Rainy.

Because he thinks I'm scum if Rainy's town. He is like adamant about it. And he called it decently early into the Rainy bandwagon if I recall correctly. Assumption 1: He read Rainy properly. 2: He's scum setting up a Viral-lynch for a later day.
I'm half hoping he tries to lead a bandwagon against me, actually :)

Kirino

Tatakae
Looks like Christmas. And I still don't know who your role is :(

Did you vote, Draco? Also, why is Josh town (or Sirmat).

Actually meant to put rob, not sirmat. Rob because he seems very genuinely confused, and is trying to understand the process of voting and lynching scum and what the **** we're doing, and if he were aligned with scum who he could talk to and work with, I don't think this would really be the case.

Josh because of his thing on newbies, and because he's been saying a lot of things that I agree with.

Can someone explain to me why several people believe Thareous is leaning scum?

I feel like he hasn't contributed enough to judge. His largest contribution was severely doubting Viral's bandwagon on Rainy.

Reason:

Thareous said:
Depending on whether Raindrop turns out to be scum or town, our eyes should remain mostly on her initial "aggressor": Viral Maze. If she turns up Mafia, then Viral can be trusted fully; if she turns up Town then Viral most likely set her up. Either way, that puts it at about a fifty percent chance that could go either way. Viral's life would hang in the balance if we all decide to go for this, but I would much rather lynch a mafioso today than any other Day.

I'm hinging that scenario for the time being. Nobody else really sticks out to me at the moment.

The best member on ZD said:
I don't like this post at all. Have you ever considered that Viral could be wrong? Or that he would be willing to sacrifice one of his scumbuddies in order to gain early town cred? Both scenarios are highly likely and plausible, and you can't just dismiss them. I can't see a town Thareous just ignoring that and making blind assumptions like you're doing. I can, however, see a scum Thareous either trying to gain some momentum for a Viral lynch tomorrow (if Rainy is town), or trying to get his scumbuddy some approval tomorrow if Raindrop is scum.(although the first of these two is much more plausible.)

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I want to address a few points:

LittleGumball said:
1. Heroine of Time defended Rainy kind of a lot. At least it seemed like it to me. If she was mafia, she would have known that and would have foreseen the lynch on Rainy because of the mass voting on her, so I think she wanted to be seen defending a townsperson in order to look less scummy. (assuming she's scum, if she isn't then I'm spitting words right out of my butt.) IGMEOY: Heroine of Time

Not necessarily. Heroine's beef was the rapidity and ferocity of Rainy's lynch. She thought Viral was taking a risky shot in the dark and didn't approve of his strategy.

Heroine of Time said:
First off, from what I've seen, he kind of started off by voting for Raindrop without much backup, saying vaguely that she "lied". Everyone else was very confused, and as they started discussing it and bringing up points, Viral agreed with them. From then on, it was a major sudden bandwagon.

That said, Heroine of Time acted very pro-town in Beginner's Mafia 7 but was mafia, therefore, your concerns aren't completely without basis.

LittleGumball said:
2. I'm suspicious of Viral. Not enough to put a definite vote, but he pressed the lynch on Rainy, then backed off at the end when he learned she was the vig. When she confirmed her role, he might have wanted to look like he was pressing for a town lynch. I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about Viral. I don't trust my gut enough to blindly vote without having enough evidence, so IGMEOY: Viral

You have to realize we had no clues to pursue then Rainy barges in with a list of possible allegiances. She used a similar strategy in Beginner's Mafia 7 where she was scum to throw off the townies. Viral made a wise decision by applying pressure to Rainy. When she claimed to be the vig, he withdrew, his vote knowing it would harm the town. Viral's a seasoned player so for him to be mafia and risk suicide from the start is a stretch. Although nothing is certain until proven so, I'm leaning town for Viral since the purpose of his bandwagon on Rainy was to gather information.

That said, analyzing the people who voted for Rainy is advised. I believe Draco's claim that he is a survivor. At this point, he's essentially a spectator without his partner. Although I can't be certain, Rob is an inexperienced player following cues from others so I'll dismiss him for now. I already explained my thoughts about Viral above. While I had initial concerns about Josh, an important concealed message in one of his posts erased my doubts. I'm not sure what to make of Keeseman just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom