• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Series

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
^ That's almost perfect. Crystal is by far the best yet, and I didn't like Emerald at all, but I thought Sapphire was okay. Never as good a Pearl or Yellow, but I would've put it with Emerald and left Ruby all by itself.

in my opinion, the third generaion was a total flop! They didn't innovate, they took out the day/night features, and most pokémon designs were crappy

in my opinion, the third generaion was a total flop! They didn't innovate, they took out the day/night features, and most pokémon designs were crappy

Not to mention how small it was compared to the 2nd gen. One thing that really annoyed me about Sapphire is that it was so hard to carch a Pikachu. He's the symbol of the franchise for crying out loud, let me catch him without walking through a park for hours on end.

Z

zeldafan999

i play pokemon whenever i'm really bored i'll just pop in diamond or pokemon ranger and just start playing for a while

Oh, I used to really like Pokemon. I still do, but not quite so much anymore. I've played at least one version of every generation, but still, my favorite had to have been Crystal. I don't know how it compares to Gold/Silver, because I never played either of those, but Crystal was awesome. The night/day feature was cool, all of the pokemon were extremely original, and they all rocked, you could visit the old region in Red/Blue/Yellow. It was just awesome. I might have to buy Crystal again, just because it was so cool.

Still, the pokemon series will never be as good as others (especially Zelda, lol).

i used to be a huge Pokemon fan. I have emerald, fire red, leaf green, pearl, explorers of darkness, blue rescue team, trouzi, xd. i never play them anymore. kinda a waiste of money. oh well.

Are the "spin-off" games ok? I'm talking about ones like Pokemon ranger and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I've never played them but I want some opinion on them.

Are the "spin-off" games ok? I'm talking about ones like Pokemon ranger and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I've never played them but I want some opinion on them.

I've played Mystery Dungeon for the DS, and I was pleasantly surprised. The gameplay is a little hard to get use to, but it gets really fun after you get the hang of it. Believe it or not, it tells a nice story throughout the entire game as well.

I've only played them when my nephew had them, and I didn't like them much. The pokemon ranger was terrible, in my opinion, and mystery dungeon was just ok. The only pokemon games I've ever been able to get into are the "real" ones, on the handhelds.

Has anyone played the Pokemon pinball games? I have the original for GBC and I recently became obsessed with it again. My highest score is 63,308,878,300 on the red course. I got it about 5 years ago and I can't beat it!

I think that they are alright, I still prefer the orginals to any of the newer ones, The only thing I like more with Diamond than Yellow/Blue/Red is Infernape looks a hell of a lot cooler than Charizard. I also liked Gold for the 16 gym badge thing

The real question for pokemon is what else can they do? I mean number 493 is the God of pokemon...so whats going to be in gen 5?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I would like to play some more pokemon games, but I really wish the main plot would change somehow. I've only played through 3 of the games, and it's already old to me =/

Hanyou

didn't build that
Given that I've just picked up Platinum, I think it's fair to revive this thread.

Now, I started with Red/Blue all the way back in '98. Actually, prior to its arrival in the States I read an article in Nintendo Power about Pokemon as a craze in Japan that was coming to our shores...it seemed obscure, and I wondered whether it could really take hold, but the way NP was describing it it was inevitable that it would.

Over ten years later, it's obvious they were right. Even though I started with Red/Blue, Diamond/Pearl has been my favorite generation thus far. I'm about 3 hours in, and thus far it's not very different from Diamond...though I do like the sleek new Poketch, and I'm looking forward to seeing the changes, however minimal.

Since I always start with a Turtwig (grass types are my favorite), I've decided to start with a Piplup instead. What does bother me about the DP generation is that both grass and fire Pokemon are hard to come by and there's an overabundance of water Pokemon...so I was hesitant to train Piplup. So far, even though he's only level ten, I haven't really had time to regret my decision. I'm training a Bulbasaur in Leaf Green alongside my file in Platinum, so hopefully I can fill up my Pokedex quickly. I do intend to build up a kind of ultimate team and place it in my Platinum file. :3

hsb39

Why so logical?
Are we gonna talk competitive here? Scizor with Bullet Punch is freaking awesome, and I'm pissed off that Salamence has Outrage, only for Dragonite's sake.

Can't wait for Platinum in Oz.

Also, a few other comments about peoples comments:

@Hanyou: When it comes to what is "better" at battling, it goes Infernape, Empoleon and Torterra, although all of the starters are good this time around.

@A few people: The big thing about RSE was the natures, capped EV system and new IV system, people don't really understand that.

I rant on when it comes to Pokemon, I love the competitive aspect of it.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
The original generation will always be my favourite. The Pokemon were great, and the region was less of a chore the explore. Dispite my intinal worries, I loved Ruby, sure its Pokemon sucked, but it was great fun, really reminded me of Red (Never played Gold/Silver or Crystal). I don't mind D/P, but its 3D graphics took me a while to get used to, and the number of legendaries was just getting out of hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom