• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Series

hsb39

Why so logical?
The original generation will always be my favourite. The Pokemon were great, and the region was less of a chore the explore. Dispite my intinal worries, I loved Ruby, sure its Pokemon sucked, but it was great fun, really reminded me of Red (Never played Gold/Silver or Crystal). I don't mind D/P, but its 3D graphics took me a while to get used to, and the number of legendaries was just getting out of hand.

A lot of people thought that GSC was the best, which makes the fact that there is almost certainly going to be a GS remake good.

Shnappy

derp
Oh, wow, I need to challenge some of you EV trainers. I'm currently working on an EV trained team in Platinum. It will consist of:
Electivire (have)
Ninjask (have)
Gengar (have)
Blissey
Dusknoir
Rampardos (have)
Right now I just have 2 old EV trained pokes to take the places of Blissey and Dusknoir (Ambipom and Alakazam). I really need to get those walls in xD.

Oh, I forgot, and I also like the Pokemon series :).

hsb39

Why so logical?
Oh, wow, I need to challenge some of you EV trainers. I'm currently working on an EV trained team in Platinum. It will consist of:
Electivire (have)
Ninjask (have)
Gengar (have)
Blissey
Dusknoir
Rampardos (have)
Right now I just have 2 old EV trained pokes to take the places of Blissey and Dusknoir (Ambipom and Alakazam). I really need to get those walls in xD.

I'll make a few comments:

Lead with the Ninjask, never lead with Vire, it ruins the only thing it has on other physical sweepers. A lot of people really hate Vire, thinking it is overated, but I don't think so. The Rampardos will do will with the BP from Ninjask. I would suggest removing Dusknoir for another physical wall, or removing Gengar for another special sweeper, the type synergy isn't great on this team overall. Skarmory is pretty good, and pretty easy to use as well.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
A lot of people thought that GSC was the best, which makes the fact that there is almost certainly going to be a GS remake good.
I've always meant to get a copy of Gold, but i've heard there's problems with saving.

Kybyrian

We have been nerding it up on Skype with some of the other Zelda Dungeon people lately, playing online with each other and doing trades and that sort of stuff. We have a great time. :P Shnappy is really good at Pokemon. By the sound of it, Onilink is pretty good at it himself.

EV training a Lonely natured Metagross by the way. Attack and Defense.

hsb39

Why so logical?
We have been nerding it up on Skype with some of the other Zelda Dungeon people lately, playing online with each other and doing trades and that sort of stuff. We have a great time. :P Shnappy is really good at Pokemon. By the sound of it, Onilink is pretty good at it himself.

EV training a Lonely natured Metagross by the way. Attack and Defense.

God, I'd love to do that, you guys wouldn't be as wanky as smogoners or serebii people.

Also, don't go for Lonely, it's a -Def nature (and you don't want to minus 130 base Def), go for Adamant, or if you really must, Brave. And what moveset are you going for?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Electivire (have)
Ninjask (have)
Gengar (have)
Blissey
Dusknoir
Rampardos (have)

Well we battled yesterday and it was really cool battles. :D if you can put those replay on youtube somehow it would be aswome to show it.
Yes that ninjask of yours can be annoying, but then again i have a couple of pokes with quick attack moves to prevent that.

And i loved your shiny metagross, hopefully that moveset we talked about will help.
But if i where you i would use that metagross in your team, because ice types can be a pain.

Yes i would also like to battle some EV trainers here too. :D

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I tried to battle, but my DS didn't want to connect properly. I won once though (and the fact that kybyrian fled doesn't count ;)). I'll try to fight for real next time with my bad, not specially trained pokemon team :P

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
yeah its weird, but the fact i got to battle Shnappy doesn't mean there is not problems with my conection. The error code i was getting with Ky and Bomby was something about that one persons's firewall or other security program was blocking it. well i disabled my firewall and don't have other secuity programs.

So the cause would be, or the other person had its firewall on, or the server is blocking it.
but smitie, i had a different error code with you, and the strange thing is, i could not find what the error code meant.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Where do we do this? I don't always have WiFi, but when I do, I'd like to try it out.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Hmm, maybe I'll start a Pokemon chat just for this occasion :p

Anyway, I still haven't even made it through Diamond and all you people want to battle me :(. Call me crazy, because everyone else has, but I love my Eeveelutions :). They are adorable, and I don't care if you think they suck. I pwned Mases with my team, and half of them had barely any training.

I battle Ky as well, though I didn't intend to. He cheated and used a Giratina (I think that's what it was called at least) and evolutions from Gen 1 pokemon (Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior) as well as a Vaporeon, and I don't remember what his sixth was. I am proud to say that I at least held my ground when he should have mopped the floor with me though. I still find it amusing that my Umbreon was faster than your Vaporeon :).

hsb39

Why so logical?
Hmm, maybe I'll start a Pokemon chat just for this occasion :p

Anyway, I still haven't even made it through Diamond and all you people want to battle me :(. Call me crazy, because everyone else has, but I love my Eeveelutions :). They are adorable, and I don't care if you think they suck. I pwned Mases with my team, and half of them had barely any training.

I battle Ky as well, though I didn't intend to. He cheated and used a Giratina (I think that's what it was called at least) and evolutions from Gen 1 pokemon (Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior) as well as a Vaporeon, and I don't remember what his sixth was. I am proud to say that I at least held my ground when he should have mopped the floor with me though. I still find it amusing that my Umbreon was faster than your Vaporeon :).

Eveelutions can make an awesome gimmick team, just make sure that it is a BP team. Get Speed passed so that Baton Pass is like switching, and then stat up and pass a lot, sweeping when given the oppurtunity. And of course, Umbreon with Mean Look Baton Pass is amazingly awesome tactic, especially if you aren't up against "pros", it can get you an instant win.

It seems as though people might actually use me (I think that I'm the only competitive battler on this forum) to get the upper hand on some people. Make a "Team Help" thread, so that people can ask for advice, and yet again, not be total dicks about knowing a bit more than someone else (it happens a lot).

Umbreon and Vaporeon actually have the same Base Speed, so it all comes down to EVs, IVs and nature what the stat will be. The thing about the Eeveelutions is that they all have at least one great stat, one very good stat, and one good stat.

It's painful to see someone use Giratina outside of Ubers and not use an Entry Hazards based stall team. Entry Hazards are Spikes, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, these can all get taken away by Rapid Spin, but it doesn't effect Ghosts (known as SpinBlockers). Tinariffic is the best SpinBlocker around, so it is strange to see that Entry Hazards weren't used a lot.

Kybyrian

God, I'd love to do that, you guys wouldn't be as wanky as smogoners or serebii people.

Also, don't go for Lonely, it's a -Def nature (and you don't want to minus 130 base Def), go for Adamant, or if you really must, Brave. And what moveset are you going for?

I noticed that Lonely was a setback, but how in the world am I going to find another Metagross? I'll have to deal with this.

Bullet Punch is a definite in my moveset, by the way. Basically all physical attacks because of the high attack he'll have. Level 69 at the moment and 250 atk.

Also, regarding the firewall thing, Oni, I have my firewall down, and in a bad situation, I have NOTHING else installed on my computer as far as security.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I noticed that Lonely was a setback, but how in the world am I going to find another Metagross? I'll have to deal with this.

Bullet Punch is a definite in my moveset, by the way. Basically all physical attacks because of the high attack he'll have. Level 69 at the moment and 250 atk.

Also, regarding the firewall thing, Oni, I have my firewall down, and in a bad situation, I have NOTHING else installed on my computer as far as security.

yeah i think the problem is somehow with my server.
With some people it works and with some people it doesn't.

about the metagross, i can easly breed some bellum.
But if you have a ditto, then you can also breed it yourself.

hsb39

Why so logical?

You can breed Metagross with Ditto, that can get you better nature.

As for BP, it is good, and can work on many sets (kinda pointless on Agiligross thoug), make sure that you still include Meteor Mash and Earthquake though, they are necessities on every set, except for Specs sets and the occasional lead that can have Bullet Punch on one of those slots.

When it comes to what moves you use, you have to make sure that they have a point, for example, even though it is physical with STAB, Zen Headbutt actually has little use on a Metagross.

Which moveset you use depends on what you give it, but also item, Choice Band Gross can be quite effective, and would work well with BP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom