• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Series

Kybyrian

About the breeding with a ditto, I don't have a ditto, and I don't have the national dex, which I'm pretty sure you need before you can encounter a ditto.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
About the breeding with a ditto, I don't have a ditto, and I don't have the national dex, which I'm pretty sure you need before you can encounter a ditto.

i can breed you an adamant bellum since i have so many ditto's with different natures to transfer.

But since i can not connect with you, we need to find a person in between.
I can give one to shnappy and shnappy can trade it with you if shnappy is willing to do it.
Also i´m planning to EV train my own metagross and also Ev train a blaziken.

Still i´m not sure what moveset i want to give my blaziken, but i will breed night slash on it as an egg move.

As for my own problem, i'm trying to set up manual my DS wifi settings.
Kybyrian you seem to know this stuff more then i do. Can you tell me where can i find the data like IP adress, DNS server ect...
I have tried this one of the data from my modem but i have 2 kind of IP adresses, one for local internet and one for wifi. if i put in my wifi, i get an IP adress conflict on my pc.

Btw shnappy out of curiousity, does platinum work on PBR?
if so, can you see giratina´s origin form in 3d?

hsb39

Why so logical?
Still i´m not sure what moveset i want to give my blaziken, but i will breed night slash on it as an egg move.

Btw shnappy out of curiousity, does platinum work on PBR?
if so, can you see giratina´s origin form in 3d?

For the best Blaziken Movesets, go http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/blaziken , smogon is the best competitive site, but I would suggest:

Blaziken@Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Sky Uppercut / Superpower
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
Thunderpunch / Earthquake

Night Slash doesn't offer that much coverage. Scarf Blaziken is the most effective, due to bad speed stat when sweeping is concerned and the easiest to pull off is phyical. I would suggest Superpower > Sky Uppercut, it's more reliable for that first hit, and you will usually be switching anyway. Flare Blitz for Fire STAB, Stone Edge for coverage (especially Gyarados and Salamence). T-punch hits bulky waters where EQ hits fires, especially Infernape.

As for PBR, I think that it does use Platinum, but it certainly doesn't show Giratina-O or Skymin, it would just show Tina or Land Shaymin but have the stats of the other one, this is because we would have had the data of sprites of Skymin and Tina-O early (due to hacking) if it was put in PBR.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i tried to EV train a blaziken...and to be honest i'm not really satisfied with the stats.

The blaziken i trained was adamant.
moveset:
blaze kick
sky uppercut
stone edge
night slash

i am pretty critical when it comes to stats when i EV train.
I mostly stop ev training at lvl 50. for me the priority is that its main stats should at least be close to 170 and have a reasonble second ev trained close to like 125. my opinion can sometimes change if the main stat is higher then expected, then i won't pay much attention to the secondary stat.

So basicly first i need to really pay attention to the pokemon's base stats and then try to decide which stats i should ev train.

currently i am trying to make a new team. my main team is pretty balanced when it comes to type, natures and stats. I want to make this team based on power only.

For now i trained EV trained a salamance and metagross for this team, and their stats are amazing. Metagross has 203 attack on level 50 which is amazing and salamance has an attack of 189. but since Metagross base stat is pretty low on speed, i tried to ev trained def and sp def equally as their secondary stats. with salamance it secondary stat is speed which is 140.

these 2 make my other ev trained pokemon look weak. :P

as for the other 4 i want to train is:
Gyrados
Magmotar
Electrivire
Togekiss

Only problem is, i recieved magmotar and electrivire on lvl 50 on PBR. i ussualy prefer to EV train starting from level one. their stats on level 50 are pretty low, but i hope for the best after they are EV trained.

hsb39

Why so logical?
i tried to EV train a blaziken...and to be honest i'm not really satisfied with the stats.

The blaziken i trained was adamant.
moveset:
blaze kick
sky uppercut
stone edge
night slash

i am pretty critical when it comes to stats when i EV train.
I mostly stop ev training at lvl 50. for me the priority is that its main stats should at least be close to 170 and have a reasonble second ev trained close to like 125. my opinion can sometimes change if the main stat is higher then expected, then i won't pay much attention to the secondary stat.

First I'll say that you should probably look more closely into the inner details of EV training and how stats are made, looking at base stats as well. Notice that when it comes to EV training you can give 252 into 2 stats (boosting them by the same amount before nature boosts) and an extra 6 into another stat (which boosts the stat only by one point at level 100). If you want to get the stat as high as possible you can IV breed, but even I find that tedious, and don't do it all that often. But IVs do make a difference, Adamant Blaziken with 252 Atk EVs and a perfect IV makes 189 Atk at Lvl. 50, but with a 0 IV it only reaches 172.

As for the moveset, I would certainly suggest Choice Scarf, give it Flare Blitz over Blaze Kick, Super Power or Brick Break over Sky Uppercut, and give it Thunderpunch or Earthquake over Night Slash. Choice Scarf lets Blaziken have a Speed stat that can be usable when it comes to sweeping.

So basicly first i need to really pay attention to the pokemon's base stats and then try to decide which stats i should ev train.

currently i am trying to make a new team. my main team is pretty balanced when it comes to type, natures and stats. I want to make this team based on power only.

Often you need to understand what the Pokemon needs to do, and how the EVs will help it. An example is that Lucario has a higher base SAtk than Atk, but is more commonly considered a superior physical sweeper, due to movepool, and especially the ability to sweep with Swords Dance.

To make a balanced team, you also need to consider roles, if you find yourself without a reliable physical wall/tank, you need one. To be more complicated, if you have over 2 Pokemon who are weak to Stealth Rock, you need a Rapid Spinner.

When it comes to offensive teams, there are a few other more complicated strategies that need to be understood. The first very useful thing is a suicide lead, who can Taunt any set up leads, and set up Stealth Rock itself, which greatly supports a sweeping team, I suggest Aerodactyl.

Something else that you will need is a wall breaker, offensive teams teams can't work if they don't have something to deal with special walls (most importantly Blissey), and physical walls at the same time.

Also, typing is very important, offensive teams are completely reliant on prediction, and you need to make sure that your team can support itself.

For now i trained EV trained a salamance and metagross for this team, and their stats are amazing. Metagross has 203 attack on level 50 which is amazing and salamance has an attack of 189. but since Metagross base stat is pretty low on speed, i tried to ev trained def and sp def equally as their secondary stats. with salamance it secondary stat is speed which is 140.

The attack IV of that Metagross is very good, nearly perfect, comparably, the Salamence actually has the same base Atk, so you can see where the IVs make a difference. Although the speed on Mence could be better, you can live with it. What movesets are you considering, from the EV spread the Salamence sounds like it should be a Dragon Dance Mence, and the Metagross can't be an AgiliGross (because Speed is needed).

these 2 make my other ev trained pokemon look weak. :P

as for the other 4 i want to train is:
Gyrados
Magmotar
Electrivire
Togekiss

I would go over your typing, the Pokemon aren't bad, but you need to make your team synergise (which Mence and Gross do pretty well). It's not bad, I can tell that you have made an effort to put in Ground immunities, but to show you some issues, 4 Pokemon are weak to Rock, with one resistance. 3 are weak to Ground, which is commonly paired with Rock. All of your team dies to Quake-Edge.

Only problem is, i recieved magmotar and electrivire on lvl 50 on PBR. i ussualy prefer to EV train starting from level one. their stats on level 50 are pretty low, but i hope for the best after they are EV trained.

There is a glitch that helps you there (it doesn't work for Lvl. 100s). If you can get your EVs done before you level, you put them in your box and take them out again and the EVs are counted as though they were done at Lvl. 49 and you leveled up. This is because they don't store the Pokemon's stats when you Deposit, just the details to be put into the stat making calculation, so when you take them out, the EVs are counted into the stat calculation.

I might post one of my teams soon, I'll do one that isn't great (it has issues), but it does work.

Guardian

The Chosen One
Back in the day i was a fan (not saying i still am not) and i had most of the games and i loved them. Me and friends would lvl through the games then train up our pokemon to high lvls and link up and battle. Some of my favorite titles were yellow,silver,gold,crystal,emerald,firered, and i really think Pokemon diamond was a great improvement and a very interesting game.

hsb39

Why so logical?
For me I can't wait for the Gold/Silver remake. And I am still waiting for Platinum, I don't even have a release date when the US has had it for weeks.

I said that I would post my team, so here it is (PM me for any questions on jargon etc):

Machamp@Choice Scarf
Trait: No Guard
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SAtk) [Jolly (+Spd -SAtk) probably works better if you want to make your own, but this is OK too]
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Stone Edge
~ Ice Punch
~ Earthquake

Earthquake will be replaced with Thunderpunch as soon as Platinum comes out, to (unreliably) help with this teams biggest nuisance, Gyarados. This works as a great lead, that is usually brought back late game. Obviously the main attraction is 100% accurate Dynamic Punch. It has a good speed IV but quite a bad attack IV, annoyingly.

Salamence@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+SAtk -Atk)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
~ Draco Meteor
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Hydro Pump

Since Mence got Outrage, people have not been expecting SpecsMence, but it's as awesome as ever. Draco Meteor has such great raw power. It has a great SAtk IV but sadly a poor Spd IV, it's not that bad as it is often hitting things on the switch, and instantly switching out.

Empoleon@Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+SDef -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Spd / 252 SDef
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Stealth Rock

It's impossible to find a Special Wall as good as Blissey, but Empoleon is still very good and at sacrifices reliable recovery for more power. It is also a great Stealth Rock set up.

Donphan@Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def -SAtk)
~ Rapid Spin
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard
~ Stealth Rock

It would actually work better with Knock Off over Stealth Rock, as I already have SR setup on this team, but I could breed SR, and it's a hard TM to get, so I kept it there so it can be the sole SR setup on another team. Rapid Spin is very useful, and needed if I want to keep Salamence switching. EQ for STAB and general power, Ice Shard helps against the large amount of Ice weak sweepers.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed (+Def -Spd)
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SDef
~ Shadow Sneak
~ Earthquake
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split

This is by no means the standard EV spread and nature, I'd suggest smogon if you want to make your own Dusknoir. This is to give the team SpinBlocking and also goes well type wise. Shadow Sneak is good STAB and priority, WoW cripples physical sweepers, EQ supports it by hitting those immune Fire types, especially acting as Heatran bait. Pain Split is for recovery. I am most likely going to change this with a Rotom Appliance once Platinum comes out, which does a similar job, many people consider it better at it, and it fits in much better with the team.

Weavile@Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly (+Spd -SAtk)
~ Ice Punch
~ Night Slash
~ Brick Break
~ Pursuit

A nice revenge killer, who gets me out of many tough spots. Ice Punch and Night Slash have good STAB and hit many useful Pokemon well. Brick Break is for coverage, and Pursuit hits many running enemies. It has an average Atk IV but an amazing Spd IV.

I hope that I showed some of you some of the basics in team making, this is not a perfect team but it's OK (gigantic Gyarados problem though). Sorry for it being a bit long, I am mainly trying to make some people understand some things.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
so after all this time i could not resist and still bought pokemon platinum.
But yeah my biggest issue was my EV trained ones on diamond. I need to transfer those to platinum with the help of sombody that i can thrust. Too bad i don 't know a lot of people who has a DS to borrow, that would make things so much easier. :(

And the pokemon ranch is also not helping me.
I wanted to download it but, later i found out that you can only transfer back pokemon from the same ID. Not cool at all!!!

but thats a worry for later after i finished platinum. For now i like the platinum version with the improvements.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Can you get an egg if you breed a ditto with a male pokemon or will you only get an egg if it's female?

Can you get an egg if you breed a ditto with a male pokemon or will you only get an egg if it's female?

Ditto doesn't have a gender, so it'll always transform into the opposite gender of the pokemon you put in the daycare with. If you put a male with it, it'll transform into a female. If you put a female with it, it'll transform into a male. On top of that, it'll also have the same exact move set of the pokemon you put it with when it transforms, so the offspring will have the same moves as well. Very handy if you ask me. :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Ditto doesn't have a gender, so it'll always transform into the opposite gender of the pokemon you put in the daycare with. If you put a male with it, it'll transform into a female. If you put a female with it, it'll transform into a male. On top of that, it'll also have the same exact move set of the pokemon you put it with when it transforms, so the offspring will have the same moves as well. Very handy if you ask me. :)

yes what he said and ditto's can be really handy especialy if you have the good natures.

if you give an everstone to the female then its 50% chance that the nature of the female will be inherit to the breed pokemon. that same goes for ditto becaue it will automaticly will be the opposite gender.

so with breeding, the breeded pokemon will always take the form of the female and the moves of the male. that way you can breed good egg moves to breeded pokemon.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
So then the answer is yes, you can get eggs if you breed a ditto with a male pokemon?

hsb39

Why so logical?
so after all this time i could not resist and still bought pokemon platinum.
But yeah my biggest issue was my EV trained ones on diamond. I need to transfer those to platinum with the help of sombody that i can thrust. Too bad i don 't know a lot of people who has a DS to borrow, that would make things so much easier. :(

And the pokemon ranch is also not helping me.
I wanted to download it but, later i found out that you can only transfer back pokemon from the same ID. Not cool at all!!!

but thats a worry for later after i finished platinum. For now i like the platinum version with the improvements.

I'd say that you could trade with me, but I would not trust me, or anyone else on the internet for that matter, keep searching for someone that you know that you can trust.

yes what he said and ditto's can be really handy especialy if you have the good natures.

if you give an everstone to the female then its 50% chance that the nature of the female will be inherit to the breed pokemon. that same goes for ditto becaue it will automaticly will be the opposite gender.

so with breeding, the breeded pokemon will always take the form of the female and the moves of the male. that way you can breed good egg moves to breeded pokemon.

Not to mention if you have any Dittos with 31 IVs in any stat you can breed them on. Also, you can't use a female Pokemon to Everstone breed if you are using a Ditto, the Ditto is the assumed female, that's the annoying part about Ditto breeding.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ditto breeding is very annoying sometimes.
Kinda off-topic question: I don't remember how to activate the mistery gift in platinum, help

hsb39

Why so logical?
Ditto breeding is very annoying sometimes.
Kinda off-topic question: I don't remember how to activate the mistery gift in platinum, help

Guy in the TV place in Jubilife, you have to say something along the lines of "Everone Happy WiFi Connection" to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom