• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pancakes or Waffles?

Which Are YOU?

• Yummiful Pancake Community

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crunchy Waffle Eaters Society

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
Erm.... Djinn, I am a lady!

images

Oh.

images

Oh, oh!

images

Ohohoh!

images

BAM. And it says "SOL" too! :D

Um...I don't even need to post whether I like Pancakes or Waffles. My username...I mean...waffles are good...and portable, and toasterable, BUT PANCAKES ARE BETTER. FACE IT ALL YOU WAFFLETARDS. PANCAKES ARE BETTER AND YOU KNOW IT.

*calms*

:lol: I was awaiting this reply. I also have to agree to the above

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have to pick pancakes. I just recently tried them, and they were pretty yummy! I have tried to make American pancakes, but they don't really work for me though..... how can you make them without burning it?:lol:
We Hungarians are used to this:
eg%C3%A9szs%C3%A9ges%20palacsinta.jpg
It is Hungarian pancakes, or as we call it "palacsinta". They are way more flatter than American pancakes, and in my opinion taste yummy. You can fill it with almost any sweet dressing! :P PANCAKES RULE!!!!

Yeah in Britain we make the Hungarian ones. They are pretty tasty. I might make some later tonight actually :D

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
If this was American pancakes vs. European pancakes European pancakes would pwn. But as it is, waffles pwn normal pancakes any day

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
No way man, American pancakes are TONNES better than European ones. Eughh, you can pretty much roll up one of ours and eat it in about two bites, they're so thin and flimsy. Where's the fun in that, it's gone before you get to enjoy it! American pancakes are so much yummier too, the european mixture always tastes more plain... probably because when they originally just made them on Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day), it was the opportunity for people to use up whatever they had left in their larder before Lent.... thus, European pancakes. Doesn't help here in Britain it's traditional to just have lemon juice on them... sooooo plain.

I mean, what would you rather eat, this... thing:
Pancakes_shrove_tuesday.jpg

OR THIS~! Mmmmmm.

pancake2.jpg

Waffles just don't do it for me either... I don't like the crunchiness XD Plus, waffles get really sticky and/or soggy when you put syrup on them, which makes them more of a pain to eat since my hands always end up being sticky >:l

No one else in my family particularly likes waffles either, but we always make yummy American pancakes for breakfast most Saturdays~!

DISCLAIMER: No offence meant to any European Pancake/Waffle lovers =D

Okay... so... I hope all of you--even those who favor waffles--will celebrate Pancake Day on March 8th. Eat pancakes, wear them in your hair, or even replace your homework with them. Spread the spirit of the pancakes. And to all of you toaster waffle-eaters, pancakes don't go well in toasters. Make Pancake Day a syrupy holiday! Spread the word!

Thank-you, that is all.

Last edited:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Waffles. They only get soogy when you drown them in syrup. But I am somewhat biased because my mom makes crappy pancakes.

Do you like waffles?
Yeah we like waffles!
Do you like pancakes?
Not as much as waffles!
Do you like french toast?
Why aren't they in this poll?
Do do do do can't wait to get a mouthfull!

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Not big fan of breakfast foods in general, but I've always had a preference for waffles. They're sweeter than pancakes! Pancakes are bland and dry, plus they have the annoying tendency to absorb syrup. Waffles, on the other hand, have nice little pockets for the syrup to sit in so when you cut into it, you get a nice dose of syrupy goodness. But I do have to say that gluten-free waffles are amazing and even better than waffles with wheat. They're light, fluffy, and delicious!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
First, let me warn you of my abnormal eating habit when it comes to both pancakes and waffles. I don’t use syrup on either of them. Ever. I simply can’t stand it. The problem with syrup is, for me, that it makes both the waffles and the pancakes soggier than I’d like. Other toppings like honey or pie filling don’t make pancakes and waffles quite as soggy. In addition, syrup gets all over whatever else I have on my plate, ruining it.

Anyways, I think I like waffles best. This could be because I never get them because our waffle iron is packed away and I always cook pancakes, but I do know that I enjoy the golden crunchy factor more. Also, I’ve found that waffles are better for stuffing with chocolate chips, cereal, trail mix, blueberries, etc.

(American) Pancakes; however, are in my opinion better for pouring honey or pie filling over. So, even though I like waffles more, I like pancakes for pouring stuff over. I think it’s because when you pour stuff like that over pancakes or waffles the structure of a waffle just makes it all go in those square syrup traps. Whereas on pancakes the substance is spread over the food much more evenly. Some may view the syrup traps as a positive, but I find them a negative when it comes to drizzling stuff over my breakfast. I like the flavor to be more evenly spread out than located in little packets.

And you know, regarding European pancakes I think I’ve had something similar which I quite liked. They were called crepes. I only ever made one batch of them, and I made a ton so the rest of my family got sick of them quickly, but I LOVED them. I think there were a couple variations in the recipe, but they were essentially thin (not burnt) pancakes folded over, filled with pie filling/fruit and dowsed in powdered sugar. I also once ordered some massive ones at a local restaurant which were delicious, though I liked the ones I made more. :P

So, I’m almost borderline even between pancakes and waffles, because I find positives to both, but there’s just absolutely nothing as comforting as a good crunchy waffle. That’s why hotels have waffle irons. Waffles are a beacon of hope in a strange place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom