• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Other M: Good or Bad?

Metroid Other M Good or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
In my opinion, Other M was a good game but not that good. It was too linear for what the reputation the Metroid franchise hes given itself. The characters themselves were okay but Adam telling you what to do is not what fans have come to expect. The idea of past Metroid games is that you get dropped into a large world with lots to explore. The exploreation didn't really come in until the end of the game when you've already been through the places once or twice. However, the game itself was not bad. The controlls were easy, graphics were amazing, the story was told very well, and overall I enjoyed it.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Meh. It wasn't bad. It definitely wasn't a Metroid game, though. The people who made it focused way too much on the combat side of the thing, and less on the classic adventure-puzzling feel of Metroid Prime, Super Metroid, and the others.
Also, I think they screwed up completely when they gave Samus a voice. Her voice actor was great, but it was unloyal to the series. It was like letting Link talk.
I think they succeeded in the control scheme/first-person ability, though. Those two made the game very fun and playable.
Basically, if it weren't a Metroid game, it would be soo much better.

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
It was a huge dissapointement for me, because I grew up with the Prime trilogy. Prime 1 and 2 have this feeling that Other M just doesn't have. Kinda like I'm alone and I'm in a huge unknown world... Shivers!

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
I liked it. It was my first Metroid game I ever beaten and now I'm sorta into to the seris. It was kinda like TP. A good game for people staring out with the series

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
This is one of my favorite Metroid games (favorites being Super Metroid and Metroid Prime). I think it was a good game. My favorite thing about the game is how good the story is. I loved how it tied the series together by linking Super Metroid to Metroid Fusion. I know some people disliked the voice acting which I can understand but what I cant understand Is why people hate the lengthy cutscenes. I mean if you really dont want to watch the cutscenes then you can skip it with either the - or + button (i cant remember which it is). All in all I thought it was a good game.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I didn't like it... I actually sold my copy a while back, because I just wasn't enjoying it. I used the money to buy back Prime 1 and 2, wich were stolen from me along with my entire game collection ($3000 worth) back in september. Now I've finally bought everything back!

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I really liked it, I understand the critic's point of view that Samus is too wishy-washy, but honestly I would kinda freak out if I saw the beast I just killed because it killed my parents. Meanwhile a psycho killer is running around killing everyone on the space station. The plot was excellent, the gameplay wasn't amazing, but it was a fun game.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I know some people disliked the voice acting which I can understand but what I cant understand Is why people hate the lengthy cutscenes. I mean if you really dont want to watch the cutscenes then you can skip it with either the - or + button (i cant remember which it is). All in all I thought it was a good game.
The thing is that Metroid games have a fantastic history of exploring the plot elements and storylines through game play. We love the story of Metroid, but even more we love to tell the story ourselves as we play. With "Other M" it was like any old shooter game. The story is told in cutscenes and you just run around killing the bad guys. You have Metroid characters and Metroid weapons/technology, but it's not a Metroid style game as we have come to know and love.
As others have said, it would have been much better if they would have made it an independent game instead of slapping the Metroid sticker on it.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I personally felt Team Ninja made too many changes for their own good. Don't get me wrong, I love the games graphics. They look very nice and crisp for the Wii's hardware. It's just that one of the main parts of a Metroid game is exploration. Other M is much more a point A to point B game where you go down a straight path. The missle shooting system is very akward since you have to to verticalize the wii-mote and lock on. I also really wish the missle upgrades didn't give you only one new missle slot at a time.

I don't understand why they completely ditched the energy and missle pickups as well. I'd rather pick those up then have to recharge my energy. The most frustrating part of the game was when you were in this sequence where you had to observe you surroundings to find this one thing. I remember getting all mad because I pointed my wii-mote all over the place, but still couldn't find what I was looking for. So overall, there were just way too many negative changes to the gameplay, which made this my least favorite Metroid game.

I like this game, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Save for Adam and Anthony, I didn't care for the other members. I have to agree with Extra Credits on most of this, especially Actions defining a character. Now one might argue that Samus is suffering from depression over being responsible for the baby metroid's death, I can accept that, but I feel that the overuse of flashbacks were too much. We could have had them talk about their history on comlink and the flashbacks be unlockables.

PS Anyone else but me thinking that Sylux from the Prime games is Adam's brother, survived and seeking revenge?

I must say i just loved it.
The music was fantastic in this game.
What i really liked was that Samus talked.
The cutscenes where just wonderful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Especially the one at the start where it showed the baby bringing her back to life.
Another is where she saw Ridley again an the reaction she had when sher saw him.
What i also like about the game is you see her more human side,she shows emotions and you find out far more about her early days in the Federation.
For me SM is still the best Metroid game but this comes a close second.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And one more thing i like is that is goes back to the old style of playing which i just love.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I haven't played it (I am over the summer) but I've heard and read mixed reviews. I've seen some of the cutscenes on YouTube and love the cinematography of them as well as Samus's voice acting, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom