• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Other M: Good or Bad?

Metroid Other M Good or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I must say I loved this game, There were some flaws which ill list the pros and cons below

1st of all I will not be bringing up the huge complaints I hear and that is the unvalidated preconception that Samus was some man-hatin, souless killing machine. The main complaint is that Samus didnt live up to these ecpecations which I never found a basis for to begin with

PROS

controls- some may disagree but I found the controls to be spot and on near perfect. Running around a 3d environment with a D pad seemed awkward at 1st but became second nature. The changes between 1st and 3rd person were seemless and I loved doing it. The auto aim feature was great.

Story- I loved this story. It was pretty simple and staightforward. We got to learn more about samus past. It also made her more of a 3 dimensional character with actual issues. just like a REAL person.

Grapics- The graphics were great, the game just looked great, nuff said

CONS

Exploration- There wasnt enough self discovery in the game. You can find most things just by looking around a bit and oyu aloways knew where you needed to go.

Characters- Not the charcter themselves, they were fine. Just the inclusion of other characters. If you wanted this game to be more like Super Metroid where you were completly alone, you wont feel isolated in this game, which was part of the atmotshere

pixel Hunts- I hated these parts, the games biggest downside. they took forever to fgure out and slowed everything down.

MISC

I also hear alot of complaints about the power up system. you have to wait to get a command in order to use them. This made alot of poeple think it was sexists, that Samus (a woman) couldnt do anything without being told by a man. I would like to point out that Adam was more like a FATHER figure to Samus, not a lover, so there was a sign of respect, also as a former commander to her as well. Another thing about this is that the investigaiton at the start of the game is being handled by Adams team which he allowed Samus to assist. So he was a commanding officer and she needed to abey those commands. Its not SEXIST!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom