• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are Nintendo Fans So Whiny?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Turo, I have to say that I am poor and I would love to have some of the extra things that the richer people get to indulge in, but that's besides the point. The second circle pad could do wonders if Nintendo would make a first party game (maybe Zelda? Mario?) that'd make use of the damn thing. Otherwise it's just there to make Revelations play better than it already does. >_>

Again, it's not really needed. The Wii did just fine without a second analog stick, so can the 3DS.

Again, it's not really needed. The Wii did just fine without a second analog stick, so can the 3DS.

Have you forgotten... the Wii had motion control for it's camera ?
Ugh how can you oversight such a thing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah I know, but still. I wouldn't like to have purchased/obtained the thing to come and find out that there is virtually no use for it! xD

Except the Wii doesn't have a camera. Try harder.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

Have you forgotten... the 3DS has a gyro-scope camera ?(Why is there a space in between "camera" and the question mark?)
Ugh, how can you oversight ("Oversee" fits much better instead of "oversight") such a thing. (A question mark would make more sense instead of a period, seeing as its asking a question.)

I don't know...all of that up there just looks like a jumbled mess.

Anyway, no. Motion controls didn't substitute the camera for the Wii. One of the triggers did.

Last edited:

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Ok, that circle pad pro just sounds like the wii zapper all over again! So sad xD I would complain too if I had bought it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Anyway, no. Motion controls didn't substitute the camera for the Wii. One of the triggers did.
Wait, what exactly are you talking about when you say camera? Talking like the freeview camera of Wind Waker or TPGC? The Wii doesn't have control over that except in specific games where you use the D-Pad (e.g Super Mario Galaxy) and other games that I've neither heard of nor really care for.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Wait, what exactly are you talking about when you say camera? Talking like the freeview camera of Wind Waker or TPGC? The Wii doesn't have control over that except in specific games where you use the D-Pad (e.g Super Mario Galaxy) and other games that I've neither heard of nor really care for.

As in, centering the camera in the game so you can see where you're going. Like in WW, I think you had to press the L button to center the view. But I do recall the Wii also having the same thing where you have to press a trigger to center the screen. I think it was the c button.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Finally, some sense around here! Some games gave you the C button, others (like LoZ Skyward Sword) used the Z button. I think Mario Galaxy used down on the D-Pad, but I haven't played it in forever so I wouldn't know.

F

Flame

I thought it looked great. I don't understand why we need another circle pad. Sure, you could fit one in, but that would make the XL crammed with controls. I like it.

Nintendo fan boys CAN be pretty whiny.
It amazes me how much people moan about the Zelda games; the Zelda Cycle being a perfect example

Mariley, I'm not targeting you for a syndicated attack or anything, so please don't take the following post as such.

I must ask though, why did you pick the First Person Shooter and Real Time Strategy genres, out of curiosity? Do you have a gripe with either genre? I can assure you, the FPS and RTS markets are in no way bad. They may not be every person's cup of tea, but they're not bad. Not even the likes of Call of Duty, or Age of Empires are bad. Stagnant, sure, but not bad.

I used those two genres as an example because those are generally genres I don't much care for (with a few exceptions) I wasn't trying to imply that those are the ''worst'' genres or anything like that. Sorry if it came off that way.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
We're probably so whiny because we expect a lot from Nintendo. And I am kind of upset with Nintendo for releasing the 3DS XL. It's like rubbing it in the face of all the people who already got original 3DSs and said "Oh sorry, you should have waited."

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
It has to do with Nintendo's reputation. To many their name spells greatness and fans usually have expectations. Most are saddened by the lack of keeping up with the current competitors, but are happy with the innovation offered. You can't always get what you want. People need to understand that Nintendo's going to do whatever they feel is best. They win some they lose some but its a formula that's worked for them. I can understand why people are annoyed by the release of the 3ds xl, as it bothers me that they did it just little over a year after the initial release of the 3ds. Usually Nintendo waits a couple years to release a new model, and that's fine but its as if they just slapped everyone in the face that owns the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom