• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are Nintendo Fans So Whiny?

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Nintendo's made many hits over the years,(as well as some duds), so it's only natural that fanbases would arise. But are some of us too whiny? When the 3DS XL was announced, most of the comments were way out of place. They seem to think it's THEIR PROBLEM if it isn't perfect.

"Where's the second nub, Nintendo's so ********!" It doesn't have one. All the games are made with the
D-pad, so it wouldn't be fair if the bigger version got games with 2 nubs in mind. "Stupid big 3ds is stupid. Nintendo's not getting my money on this one." It's not stupid. Maybe people with detoriating eyesight could benefit from the bigger viewport? It's not so big that you can't put it in your pocket!

I see people whining like this on most Nintendo sites. They think if Nintendo leaves them out of the loop or if Nintendo produces something they don't like, it becomes THEIR problem. And it's not, and should never be, their problem. If Nintendo produces something that doesn't sell, it's Nintendo's fault. If they haven't TOLD you about a game being in production or if this system will have a certain feature, then just be patient. There's no need to be so negative!

Now I know some of us(including me) grew up with Nintendo, and fear that the games we grew up with will someday be canceled because of business. But if we really did grow up, then we should also be able to accept that, should it happen. There's no need to go whine about what Nintendo does. They should have the confidence to make good games, and we should buy it if it's worth it. (END RANT)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It IS a problem, Nintendo not including a secondCircle Pad. They didn't release the thing for no reason. The fans like attachments, they like having options. Nintendo revealing the 3DS XL (we all knew it was coming anyway) may have been a business decision but IMO it wasn't a good one.

Sure enough people may have bad eyesight and the XL is for them. The XL is not for everyone. It isn't exactly the fans' problem as they can always go for the standard 3DS, but if Nintendo is releasing a bunch of XLs because they believe more people will purchase them, boy are they wrong! I'm not ditching my 3DS for the XL just because it's a Nintendo product. That mentality which gets the better of the Nintendo fanboys just doesn't make sense. They then whine ***** and moan about CoD and other M rated titles and blah blah blah. The point is, Nintendo may have not done a smart move with the 3DS XL. Fan reception is mostly justified.

In short I understand what you're saying, fans can't really control how a company does its busines, but sometimes the company can do something REALLY dumb that initially can only do hurts the company, like the XL for example.

Correction: All video game fanbases are whiny, not just Nintendo.

And considering the general logic on the internet is "If I haven't tried it, it's awful" and "Dammit, give us better FREE things" usually sprinkled with "I'm not being forced to buy it, but hell, I'll complain about it" it pretty much just shows that with the variety of personalities on the internet, it seems as if everyone is unpleasable.

Dan

That whole Nub thing is kind of confusing... It's really out of place and seems a bit awkward looking on the 3DS. I don't really mind , I do think on the other hand is should of been on the 3DS in the first place regardless of only some games using it... I'm not really making blogs etc whining about it :)

I think we can all agree Nintendo have made some really good and bad choices through the years. It's a good thing to complain sometimes. Nintendo need feedback and if something isn't satisfying the majority, it would be in Nintendo's best interest to fix it.

I do however feel you pain when it comes to very small problems...

(For example, and this isn't just Nintendo fans)

WHY U MK HIS EYES GREEN SEGA AND HIS LEGS R 2 LONG OMGZ - Sonic
NO WE DON'T WANT CHANGE IN THE FORMULA - Zelda

Last edited:

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I agree with you. Most of the other fans are quite whiny. When I said how much I was loving the idea of a 3DS XL and commenting on how I'd love a large screened 3DS, I was told "Nintendo is just milking!" and "Don't waste your money". I'm still curious as to if there was any legitemate worry for my wallet or if they were just wanting to get back at Nintendo through me. I can tell you that it didn't sway me one bit. I do not have a 3DS and this XL is exactly what I'd love to have, no matter the extra cost.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's the problem though, Laz. There are people that already own a standard 3DS and coupled with the "I'm not being forced to buy it, but hell, I'll complain about it" mentality as pointed out by surferguy7, they feel the need to whine ***** and moan about the XL. In a way, their complaints could've been justified if the standard 3DS like lost support from Nintendo in favor for the XL, but it won't. This is just a bigger 3DS.

Every single fan base in the world is whiney if you think about it. The best example I can give you is the Sonic fan base. Other than that, it is natural to complain. Some of the complaints might be understandable and some of the complaints might be stupid. There are two complaints I have for Nintendo. The first complaint is that they are not localizing enough games(Fatal Frame 4,Mother 3, ect) and they are forgetting about their franchises(Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother,StarTropics, ect). My second complaint about Nintendo is that they are making these lame games like Wii Sports, Wii Music, Wii Fit and so on. These games are just gimmicky and Nintendo should focus on other stuff besides these games, but since these games are making a lot of money, they are not going to die soon since Wii FitU is coming out.:dry:

Last edited:

Dan

That's the problem though, Laz. There are people that already own a standard 3DS and coupled with the "I'm not being forced to buy it, but hell, I'll complain about it" mentality as pointed out by surferguy7, they feel the need to whine ***** and moan about the XL. In a way, their complaints could've been justified if the standard 3DS like lost support from Nintendo in favor for the XL, but it won't. This is just a bigger 3DS.

Exactly how many times have nintendo made a newer model of there handhelds.
The rule is , you either buy now or wait for the next model. Don't act as if you didn't expect Nintendo to make a bigger one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I'm counting the GBA, GBMicro and the GBASP
NDS, DSLite, DSi, DSiXL
3DS and 3DSXL

Those are many newer models. The fans though feel like they're being abandoned when they really aren't. It's just a newer model, not like the XL will have features that the 3DS cannot support (besides being bigger).

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl

Yeah, its resentment because they bought one and now a better model (To me it is, who can beat a larger screen) is coming out and they more or less wasted money by getting the initial one. Don't get me wrong, I was planning on getting a 3DS either this month or next month but now, I'm gonna wait for the XL; which is worth it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Both are worth it at face value; one just has the bigger screen. So it's almost an aesthetic choice, do you like this color more than that one? Do you want size 33 or size 33.1? One can benefit more than the other, and at the end of the day they're the same damn thing so really who cares?

Dan

They'll play the same, sure. But the screen is HUGE :lol:

That's what she said ;) (comon he was baiting someone to say that...)

Yeah I believe the top screen is nearly/is the same size as the PSP Vitas.
I'm not sure why you would complain about this thing. Plus I think it has more battery life.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah it has more battery life, a bigger SD Card (4GB instead of 2 iirc), MUCH bigger screen, and as a pre order bonus, sexier curves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom