• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Are Nintendo Fans So Whiny?

Dan

Yeah it has more battery life, a bigger SD Card (4GB instead of 2 iirc), MUCH bigger screen, and as a pre order bonus, sexier curves.

Very sexy stuff, The curves were needed too, my palms hurt after a while. My only complaint. No freakin AC adapter bundled with it for us Europeans.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Do they seriously not give you an adapter for the Europeans? That's bull. Unless the adapter for the standard 3DS can be used, that's like seriously dumb.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Its just human nature to complain xD the only reason why I think people were disappointed about it , was because it was too soon for a new 3DS, its only been a year and some odd months! People like to keep up with the newest consoles, but releasing them so close in time is not very convenient to the consumers. But hey, whatever, i`ll be getting one, not soon, but I will definitely get it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Videogame fans in general are very whiny but you have to understand the case with Nintendo fans in historical context. The Wii and DS were very different beasts from the Gamecube and GBA, respectively, leading many to believe Nintendo had abandoned its traditional, core audience. This of course is false as classics like the two Super Mario Galaxy games and Skyward Sword will attest to. Nintendo's lack of a decent online platform also leads to much discontent among its fanbase.

In regards to the present day, fans seem to be mocking the Wii U for not being significantly more powerful than current HD consoles to justify purchase and the system's Pro Controller being put to shame by the 360's. Same goes with the 3DS XL. Despite Nintendo's prior warnings that a significantly different new model for the handheld would not be made, people got butthurt over the announcement of the 3DS XL. Opinions are subjective constructs and we should not let others' talk derail us. Nintendo is catering to its audience very well and is poised to deliver an even better gaming future.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Because poor people have nothing better to do than complain just because they can't afford it. First off, anyone who *****es about the bigness of the XL is a turd. It's not Nintendo's fault that they have little hands and that people with taste would like to enjoy beautiful 3D images on a larger screen. Since day one, I found it lame that the 3DS had such a small screen. It was a real shame considering how great games looked. On top of that, the 3DS doesn't need a second circle pad. It was unnecessary to begin with, because games already feel comfortable with just one. Having a second circle pad would just encourage more terrible console ports. 3DS games are good as is. The worst part is, when Nintendo fans cry, they sound ********...

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Turo, I have to say that I am poor and I would love to have some of the extra things that the richer people get to indulge in, but that's besides the point. The second circle pad could do wonders if Nintendo would make a first party game (maybe Zelda? Mario?) that'd make use of the damn thing. Otherwise it's just there to make Revelations play better than it already does. >_>

Humanity is as a whole 'whiney'.
If we do not get as we wish, then our selfish acts grow loud. We must learn to share our bread.
I wish the world wasn't 'whiney'.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
If we do not get as we wish, then our selfish acts grow loud. We must learn to share our bread.

The bolded part is what I agree with. We must learn that everyone brings differing opinions to the table. This can be applied to gaming and Nintendo fans or to life in general. Telling someone not to be whiny, however, is not the solution. We must take action and show cynical people *cough*such as yourself*cough* that there is good in the world and hope for humanity.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why is humanity 'whiney'? What does 'whiney' even mean? I cannot understand this, it requires further evaluation at once.
If we do not get as we wish, then our selfish acts grow loud.
Firstly, who is "we"? I do not understand this. Explain yourself, please. Secondly, 'selfish acts'? What do you mean here?
We must learn to share our bread.
Again, who is "we" in this sentence? And bread? What does bread have to do with Nintendo or the 3DS XL? Explain yourself.
I do too, that is, if 'whiney' is a negative trait. I would adore you even more if you explained what 'whiney' meant. Thank you for your time, my good man.

The bolded part is what I agree with. We must learn that everyone brings differing opinions to the table. This can be applied to gaming and Nintendo fans or to life in general. Telling someone not to be whiny, however, is not the solution. We must take action and show cynical people *cough*such as yourself*cough* that there is good in the world and hope for humanity.

I am only cynical for my experiences have been hard.
I gave up on humanity when I was 14. Everyone is selfish and often complains.

Please then do your best. to show good acts.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Your experiences are now soft. No more cynicism, right?
How old are you now? You must explain how humanity correlates with Nintendo and the 3DS XL, as I do not comprehend.
I wouldn't lie and say I am not selfish or that I do not complain, but why do you claim this? Nintendo is generous and majority of fans are okay with the generosity. Majority, that is.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend

Please then do your best. to show good acts.

Very well then, my good sir. But you have to realize that there is a good side in everything. People continue to find pleasure in videogames and Nintendo with no need to whine. On this forum, there are good posts with a purpose. If you fail to find them, then set the example and show others how to create a worthwhile experience. Even among the filthiest slums in the world, there is hope, compassion, empathy. Never surrender.

Very well then, my good sir. But you have to realize that there is a good side in everything. People continue to find pleasure in videogames and Nintendo with no need to whine. On this forum, there are good posts with a purpose. If you fail to find them, then set the example and show others how to create a worthwhile experience. Even among the filthiest slums in the world, there is hope, compassion, empathy. Never surrender.

Inspiring words which warms me. On the other hand other biles of foul stench laugh at such a thing.
Why must people hurt one another ? I'm still here. Therefor I have not given up the fight.

I don't think Nintendo fans whine any more or less than any other fan. Honestly, I feel ''fan'' has become kind of a dirty word these days. It's one thing to be a fan of something, but more often than not the word ''fan'' is associated with blind worship & lack of any logic or reason. Some people go as far as to wear their ''fandom'' as a badge of honor. They think being a fan of something somehow makes their opinion more valid than anyone else's.

This is all a little hypocritical of me to say however, as I would identify myself as a ''fan'' of certain things. I try not to be obnoxious about it though. If Nintendo decided to make the next Zelda game an FPS or RTS game, then I wouldn't just go out and buy it day one just because it said ''Zelda'' on the box. To each their own I suppose.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If Nintendo decided to make the next Zelda game an FPS or RTS game, then I wouldn't just go out and buy it day one just because it said ''Zelda'' on the box. To each their own I suppose.
Mariley, I'm not targeting you for a syndicated attack or anything, so please don't take the following post as such.

I must ask though, why did you pick the First Person Shooter and Real Time Strategy genres, out of curiosity? Do you have a gripe with either genre? I can assure you, the FPS and RTS markets are in no way bad. They may not be every person's cup of tea, but they're not bad. Not even the likes of Call of Duty, or Age of Empires are bad. Stagnant, sure, but not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom