• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Be Your Option if You Die?

L

LinksBrother

I dont Really care what happens to me , Because I'll be dead and i wont no whats going on.

Claire

The Geekette
I've thought of it, but I haven't made a decision on what I'd rather do, and I'm hoping I won't have to anytime soon! I like the idea of a LifeGem, as opposed to a tombstone or urn, as a physical memorial. LifeGem is when hair or ashes are taken and formed into a diamond. There is an option where, once cremated, you can have your ashes put into space. The concept is awesome to me, since we sprung from the stardust, and that stardust is being returned to the cosmos. There are also "green" burial options that I've thought about, since cremation isn't exactly the most efficient option, and neither is embalming. Now you can be freeze dried as opposed to cremated, which is an interesting alternative. I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to do, concerning donation, but all I know is I'd prefer to stick with an environmentally friendly alternative to the common burials today.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
i would probably be buried in ipswich, or donate my body to science or people in need. i could also be cremated, but i don't want to be ashes on a hutch. i would decide my will depending on my occupation or something i may be known for. my mother wants to be cremated. she says: "when i die, i want to be cremated and i want you to spread my ashes across the mountains. this always brings bad thoughts for me.

Steve

5/19/13
I try not to hold on strongly, to things of this world, which includes my physical body I will not need it when I move on from this life, so there is no sense in worrying about it. What I am focused on is what will become of me in spirit, and it is why I have devoted my life to the Lord, and seek to be with Him in His kingdom.

I wouldn't really care, I mean, even if I wasn't buried or burned to ashes, It's not my problem. I'm dead. My family can do whatever they want to me.

mninja13

Soulless
When I die I wanna be cremated. That way I won't be stuck in the ground. And if the dead turned to zombies i won't be one. ^_^

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'd choose to die in the most simple fashion, cremating my body and then my grandchildren placing them in the house with a small built-in shrine. It's simple and it's a formal way to me. Then after a decade, I request that my ashes be thrown over a cliff.

I believe I'll watch over them, even if I have no proof of such, I believe in that fact.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Heh, well, the way I want to go out is in an epic, awesome explosion. (I'm not talking as in I blow myself up, but I die in some tragic explosion.) In that way, my body would either not be there or too mangled up to be identifiable.

Now, I might be 16, but being a Catholic, I'd love to be buried in a traditional casket 6' under. I'm not too comfortable with the thought of being cremated, for I believe the term is "Rest in Peace", not "Be a Centerpiece." When you're buried, there's little chance of something happening to your body, as it'll just naturally deteriorate underground, rather than accidentally get spilled by a little kid or pet.

If I were to get cremated, I'd hope to have some sort of urn in a cemetery if at all possible. I'd like to have some sort of permanent resting place, not something I deem absurd, like being tossed into the ocean, blasted into space, or placed on The Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World. As awesome as the ring idea is, where the carbon in my body gets converted into a stone, I'm concerned that'd scare the living crap out of people. Freezing my body is never going to happen. If I'm dead, I'm dead; I have no intentions of coming back to this planet once I leave here.

Djinn

and Tonic
Okay having watched some History channel and given it some thought I have decided on exactly how I want to be buried.

First I will buy a boat, nothing truly ancient looking. A white fiberglass runabout is good enough so long as it is saltwater worthy. Next I will have a custom banner made with my image and maybe a few other symbols like my university and state flag and some little extras of things that were important to me in life. But it will be made out of silk on an oak mast. Then I will see if I can go to an animal hospital and purchase some skeletal remains of a couple dogs and a horse if possible (I'm going somewhere with this, so just wait!) Then off to Pottery Barn to collect up a dozen or so clay pots and vases. Fill them with fruit and bread grain. Have one miniature bronze statue of Bruce Willis made as he appeared in Die Hard with a Vengence. To top it all off a few dozen wine bottles. Now bury my body within the boat with two gold Sacajawea dollars over my eyes and the banner placed over the body. With the remains of the horse and dogs surrounding the body. And then placed in a mound encircled with small stones.

So that in a few thousand years historians will uncover this ancient burial site and see a great historical monument of a possible lord or hero of some great importance to his people. They will find a chieftain buried with his faithful dogs and horses serving him in death as they served him in life on the journey to Valhalla in one of their mighty ships among his fruits and wines stored in vases that depict the history of the people he came from. Along with a small bronze idol of the Willis, god of heroes.

Historians thousands of years from now will be studying the ancients items and trappings of the supposed chieftain of Clark County and what adventures he might have had. All my ceremonial vestments like my iPod, phone, shoes, class ring, and wallet. Everything in that hole would be a precious historical object displayed in museums and read about. The discovery of the century would be the uncovering of the ancient burial sites of the great heroes of old among all the other peasants who are simply buried in a box, in dirt, with all the other peasants.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'd want my relatives to do what they normally do in my family: cremate my body. Nothing too fancy, but this is the tradition and I don't want to be anyone to break it.

I would like to be turned into burgers and secretely served to everyone at my funeral. I think that would be really funny; I could die happy knowing that would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom