• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Difficult Boss.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Which boss is the most difficult? That flaming dragon who rained boulders down on you a million times, the accursed robotic goat, or that dragon who gained a new head every time you fought him? Which boss is the most difficult in the whole series?

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat
For me, it was the guy in Ages with four faces. I think he was the second one. What you're supposed to do is throw a bomb in the top when the red face is to the screen, but if you throw it in when one of the other faces is forward, he attacks. I cannot tell you how many times I died because I mistimed my throw. >_<

for me its bongo bongo, i spam arrows and run out and my timing is really bad plus all the bouncing around doesnt help i just have a lot of trouble with him especially after i run out of arrows gnuuuur

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The most difficult boss in my opinion must be anything from Adventure of LInk. With their superior damage output and frantic being all over the place, I just don't think Nintendo has crafted a harder boss within Zelda history. ;)

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Pretty much anything from Zelda II and Link to the Past. Shadow/Dark Link comes to mind first though, without using that corner crouching tactic.

Warbad

Gotta love me!
The most difficult boss....hm....

Ganon of OoT for sure. That monster made me repeat the catle run more than 4 times until I used that magic shield(trust me, I feel ashamed for not knowing the name). As frustrating as it is, I loved playing against it, but those swords gave me more frustration than playing Super Meat Boy.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
From what I have played, I would say that worm thing in aLttP... Moldorm, was it? Argh...

It wasn't that he killed me easily, it was that he kept knocking me off the platform all the time, and I would have to keep restarting the battle... Urgh, that frustrated me to no end...

Otherwise, most bosses have had very similar formulas to defeating, like hitting an eye, and haven't provided an incredible amount of challenge.

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Gohma, from OOT. Took me hours to complete. I'd ragequit all the time.

Seriously, though. I haven't beaten AOL, so I can't speak for the later bosses. I had a TON of trouble with Majora's Wrath though. Those spinning spikes didn't help the ALREADY difficult fight. And Majora's Incarnation took forever to track down and hit.

I also had a ton of trouble with those two giant insects. They were fun to fight at first, but I found it hard to hit them, and the limited magic didn't help.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Saying Dark Link from Zelda II is so much of an easy answer that I'm not going to use it. It's just... not even a contest with him in the picture. So the hardest Zelda boss besides Dark Link (Zelda II)?

Gonna have to say a tie between the three-phase Majora fight and the final three fights in Skyward Sword. Both of these require constant attention and precise reaction time to make it out alive. Even though I've gotten really good at these three-phase epics, I still have to be on the top of my game to never get hit. They're easily two of the best final battles to any video game period.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Onox and Veran from Oracle of Seasons and Ages were really hard. Also, the Twinrova and Ganon fight with no break in between in the linked version of OoX was pretty hard too.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Objectively speaking, anything from Zelda II. But that game's too hard for its own good, so I'm not counting that for my own answer, especially considering I haven't ever been able to make it past the 3rd dungeon.

As for the hardest boss I've fought, I'm going with the final fights in SS. Oh, there are a lot of other bosses in other games that gave me a lot of trouble the first couple times through, but now I've learned their tricks and it's a simple matter of manipulating their own tactics against them. Not so with the final fights in SS. I've yet to come up with a good strategy against the horde battle, there's so many enemies rushing me on the screen at any time that it's really hard for me to keep my wits about me, and I get dog-piled a lot. Ghirahim, not quite so much, I mean yeah he's pretty hard, but I've gotten a good strategy now that doesn't put me at critical health. But Demise.... (shudder).... I have nothing. Nothing I try makes that fight any easier. Hell, even the Skyward Strike doesn't work with my strategy, by the time I get a lucky lightning strike he's already charged at me and knocked me down to half-health. He's far too aggressive for me to develop a strategy like every other boss. So I just go on the extreme defensive and hope I can get my health potions before he outright kills me. He still kicks my *** though.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd have to say Moldorm from A Link to the Past!

This battle is more frustrating than anything....Just thinking about it still annoys me! I never got the hang of this battle and I always get knocked off, then I have to make my way back up only to get knocked off again and again and again :/

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Moldorm from A Link to the Past. The is the only boss that made me rage quit. I was home alone when I was fighting it and after it knocked me off the platform 20 times I got so frustrated I threw my Gameboy across the room. Luckily it didn't break.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The accursed Blue Ironknuckle from AoL. Even refraining from using the crouch trick, Dark Link isn't particularly difficult. It's getting there in once piece that's the actual challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom