• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lazy Lazy Nintendo.

Steve

5/19/13
I find it to be someone laziness on their part, and it really contradicts itself because you have a balance of proof for it being the first game, as well as being on the Adult Timeline. Personally, I think the situation is no different than with Majora's Mask, where they just decided to reuse characters, and build a setting and plot around it.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
There is those characters and also Din, Nayru, and Farore from Oracle of Seasons/Ages, them being there could mean that MC is before OOX or after. The idea that reused characters in various Zelda games is quite fun. Familiar enemies,faces, tactics to beating them or just the feeling of "WHOA! It's Arrghus from Link to the Past!" Or at least that's how I felt! Nintendo does have a way of reusing NPCs, but still giving a feeling of awesomeness!

I was running through the world of MC the other day and I realised something, almost every character, even the small un-important ones are just recycled from other games. At first I thought that this might actually have something to do with the timeline placement of this game, because I thought that most of the characters were from OoT. However, I then realised that they are from other games aswell (mainly WW.) So, Why do you think nintendo did this? Just pure laziness? Or was there some other reason?
TMC was Capcom, actually. Capcom likes to reuse stuff (hell look at OoX)

hsb39

Why so logical?
I really like the reuse of characters, it's a bit like an easter egg. Also, it is implied that Link and Zelda are different Links and Zeldas that just travel down the bloodline, could it be possible that this is the same for these characters? (Also, a lot of people say that MC was before the split, so that easily fits in if they appear on both timelines).

I like how they reuse some of the characters [like Anju the Cucco lady and Beedle]. When it comes to OoT characters being reused it's like "Oh, I remember when I had to go find all those Cuccos/do that sidequest for the stupid sword" and stuff like that.

I don't think its laziness. Many game developers reuse characters from certain game series into newer games of those series. Zelda is definitely a good example. Then again, they could have been trying to take characters from the 3-D games into a sprited, 2-D form. Plus, many of the characters reused were loved by the fans (I, personally, hate Malon), so using them again is a just a little easter egg.

By the way, I noticed many people blaming Nintendo, when, in fact, CAPCOM developed The Minish Cap, the two Oracles, and the two Four Swords games. Nintendo just supervised while working on bigger games for the Zelda series.

The beedle and the children do seem quite lazy and Nintendo could have done quite a bit of work on them. But IMO I wouldn't call them lazy. They just need to think over a few things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom