• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora is the the Sage Of?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
He is the sage of wisdom. He teaches people who don't know how to play, so that more people can enjoy Zelda... He is the sage of PR o_0

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Ducky: I'm talking about Kaepora Gaebora, not about Rauru. You quoted my post talking about the annoying owl but then your reply makes no sense unless you think I was talking about Rauru somehow.... =/
So I'm a little confused. If your theory is that Rauru is Kaepora Gaebora then more power to you.
I believe the same thing. I'm pretty sure that much is obvious even if it's not stated in so many words. But then you say
First off, I said that supports the theory that Kaepora Gaebora is the Sage of Time, not Rauru (I still don't know where you're getting this from). Secondly, my theory was that Kaepora Gaebora is connected to the Triforce of Wisdom, I was simply stating that this doesn't mean he is or isn't the sage. As one doesn't mean exclusion form the other.

A reply would be appreciated, as I'm very confused by your response.... :/

Apologies, I made two arguments at once and I sort of synthesized them. I must have misread your post.
My first point was that Rauru is the Sage of Light, because he says that he is inside the Temple of Light, and he gives you the Light Medallion. My citations are shown in my previous post.

My second point was addressing the initial poster that Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an ancient Sage. I was using this as a secondary argument to tie off loose ends. My point was that, if he is Rauru, that would explain why Kaepora Gaebora has ToW-like properties due to Rauru's connection to the Sacred Realm (as explained in my previous post). This is how he could potentially keep tabs on Link over his quest, which is, if I read correctly, why you believe he is the Sage of Time.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Okay, that's enough of that (@several posts above). Remember, this is the Theory section.

OT: It could also be pointless to speculate what position he held, since we know from WW that they can change. And if we were to make up new positions, then this might as well be in the WoZ section.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Apologies, I made two arguments at once and I sort of synthesized them.... if I read correctly, why you believe he is the Sage of Time.
Aah, that makes more sense. :)
But no, I said that that quote could support the theory that he is the Sage of Time, though that wasn't my own personal theory (being that he's connected to the ToW).

Thanks for clarifying though; appreciated.

Fierce

Deity Link
My case for Rauru being the owl is as follows:

1. Physical Similarities
The tuft of feathers below Kaepora Gaebora's beak mirrors that of Rauru's bushy beard. Rauru is also stocky and plump with sleeves covering his hands in a brown coat... in that he resembles an owl himself. In the official artwork for Rauru and Kaepora they are positioned in the exact same way... with identical facial expressions.

2. Game implications
All of the other sages are a part of Link's childhood. Why would Rauru alone not be included? A gossip stone says the owl is a reincarnated sage, and also that he is "Lighthearted". I think lighthearted is a rather obvious connection to the Sage of Light... but that's just me. I doubt they'd include a gossip stone with that wording merely by coincidence. The stones are meant to inform you after all.

3. This photo...
Kaepora is constantly twisting his head upsidedown. While at a glance it may seem comical... It really looks like the face of an old man with a huge mustache.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...own.png/214px-Kaepora_Gaebora_Upside_Down.png

^ This is what I saw as a kid that always lead me to believe he and Rauru were one in the same.

Then again, he could be a reference to the familar old man from A Link to the Past/ The original Zelda... I personally think he's the same owl from Link's Awakening too.

Attachments

• Owl.gif
    Owl.gif
    15 KB · Views: 5

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I believe there was a theory that Nayru is also the Goddess of Time. So, anyone with relation with the triforce of wisdom would have some sort of influence over time. For example, Zelda. If Kaepora Gaebora really is associated with the Triforce of Wisdom like Justeazy says, he could in fact be the sage of time.

Where did you here this? There's no suggestion of this kind of thing at all. Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, not Time. And how does Keapora fit into that?

Where did you here this? There's no suggestion of this kind of thing at all. Nayru is the Goddess of Wisdom, not Time. And how does Keapora fit into that?

Nayru the Oracle is the Oracle of Time. That's why some people belive Nayru to also be the goddesses of Time. It's like the greek's mythology. Poseidon is the god of the sea, but he's also the god of eathquakes, of horses and of a bunch of other things

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Nayru the Oracle is the Oracle of Time. That's why some people belive Nayru to also be the goddesses of Time. It's like the greek's mythology. Poseidon is the god of the sea, but he's also the god of eathquakes, of horses and of a bunch of other things

The term "oracle" dates back to ancient Greece, in terms of someone who has a close connection with the Gods. For example, the Oracle at Delphi has a close connection to the Greek god Apollo, acting as their messenger of sorts on earth. I think Nintendo took a bit more simplistic route by naming the Oracle Nayru to demonstrate her connection to the Goddess Nayru, or the Oracle could merely be a physical representation of the goddess Nayru; personally, I believe it is the former, but it works either way.
The reason I think Nayru is associated with time is a vague connection, as TheGermanLegend pointed out. The same is true of Din having a connection with the seasons in OoS. Take a look at this quote:

Zelda said:
Din, the goddess of power...

Nayru, the goddess of wisdom...

Farore, the goddess of courage...

Din...

With her strong flaming arms, she
cultivated the land and created
the red earth.

Nayru...

Poured her wisdom onto the earth
and gave the spirit of law to
the world.

Farore...

With her rich soul, produced all
life forms who would uphold
the law.
The term "law" could be a reference to the "laws" of nature, one of which being time, among things like physics, etc.
Similarly, Din has an association with the Seasons because she "shaped the land," which demonstrates a connection to nature.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Ha may be also of a sage to be mentioned in the upcoming SwS since SwS does come before OoT on the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom