• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Epona

optional, but she is very useful so I recommend getting her, I think this should have been in the game help section instead of classic

Nicole

luke is my wife
I think you can get around it if you know how, but if you want to complete OoT 100%, you will need her. If memory serves,
you need Epona to get a quiver upgrade and a piece of heart at the Gerudo Archery Range.

I believe those are the prizes. If you don't want to get Epona, you can use warps to get to where you need to go. It's really not too hard to get her, though. I would if I were you.

I thought you needed to get Epona anyways when you need to jump over the broken bridge in Gerudo Valley? Well, I find her plenty usefull. That's the only reason why I need her anyway's, just to get to long distance places, and just in general. :/

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I thought you needed to get Epona anyways when you need to jump over the broken bridge in Gerudo Valley? Well, I find her plenty usefull. That's the only reason why I need her anyway's, just to get to long distance places, and just in general. :/

No you don't, you can use the Longshot to get across the bridge.

I thought you needed to get Epona anyways when you need to jump over the broken bridge in Gerudo Valley?

I didn't even know you COULD use her for that. I thought you could only do it with the long shot.

But no, there is no part of the main game that can't be accomplished without Epona. She makes just about all of the side quests easier though. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the BigGoron's sword quest is impossible without her. And of course the Gerudo archery challenge. I'm not sure if you can get the 4th bottle without her, but she does make it much easier.

Anyways, unless you're doing some sort of speed run/minimalist run, I would suggest getting her since she just makes things easier, quicker, and often, more fun.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to get Epona! But yes, she is completely optional, however if you are going for the 100% completion, you need to get her in order to get the upgraded quiver.

is not that hard to get her! yes it is optional but, c'mon is really tiring to go walking trough hyrule field and you will need her for some side quests and stuff like that...

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Like many have said Epona is Valuable asset but not necessary to beat the game.

Valuable assets are faster travel when not using Warp Songs and really helpful in the Biggoron Sword or getting all the Big Poes for Poe Man in Hyrule Castle Market.

No you don't, you can use the Longshot to get across the bridge.

Yes, I know that now, but I was 6 years old, I really didn't know any better. :lol:

I didn't even know you COULD use her for that. I thought you could only do it with the long shot.
I was goofing around one day and then I done that. I was about to cry out for "WTF?" Then I bought the guide book and it said: "Use your longshot to target the signboard on the far side and pull yourself acroos OR jump it with Epona." I thought it was Epic.

But yeah, seriously, you should get Epona, she is really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom