• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epona in ZW

Epona in ZW

• Yes. Don't care how to get her.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Want to have her from the start.

• Yes. Want to work a little for her.

• Yes. Want to put in my face and work hard.

• No. I don't like Epona.

• Total voters

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I also want epona to be a different breed when you meet her. Let's say the rancher will show you a horse and he will let you guess which one is Epona. It could be a Clydesdale, a Russian Trotter, a Rhinelander, a Mustang or a Wuerttemberger. When you choose the horse you like, then that horse will be Epona. Choosing the breed of Horse can also be more fruitful so you can control what epona will look like.

I never thought of that, and that has to be one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard. That would be cool if you could choose what Epona looked like.

And still, being able to change her name like in TP.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Yes, I would like to have Epona in Zelda Wii and I would like for you to be able to get her kinda like how you did in MM except with a little more difficulty. I want there to be a reason why you have to have Epona in order to progress further in the game, not just as a way to get across Hyrule faster. I also want there to be a challenge that you have to do in order to get her and use her.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
To be honest, Epona was so cool in TP, Zelda had really improved the element of horse riding since the N64 generation of Zelda games. She must return for this game also, I don't really care how. Just aslong as you still have Epona, she has become nearly as inclusive a character as Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Yes, i want to see Epona return in Zelda WII. I think we should have to work hard to get her to make this game more challenging.
Beside Epona, i also want to see other kind of transportations to make appearance in this game. For example; Dodongo or Bear from OOX, and vehicles like ship or hot air balloon...........

Tom

It's hard to imagine a ZW without a horse. Since the N64, Epona began to be necessary (except for WW and its sequels) for transportation. I don't think there's a possibility of it being left out. However, this could be bad for many players that, like me, expect ZW to have a good overworld, with lots of things to be done, most of them by foot, so we could take more time on exploring.
I believe we should get Epona after spending sometime on foot exploration... some quests.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'd like to see Epona get separated from Link again like MM and TP, it adds to the overall story and creates drama and a resolution in the game for the situation I'm talking about. Also Epona and Link seem to have a relationship that goes beyond time and space, no matter which Link it is they will always be together, or will they? I would love to see their relationship unfold in a new way as Link struggles to regain his lost or captive friend Epona. Epona's first appearance was in OoT right? maybe the magic in ocarina's first established that connection, i'm not really sure. oh and i cant remember, was Epona in MC???

arkvoodle

Diabolical
oh and i cant remember, was Epona in MC???

No, Epona wasn't in the Minish Cap. Epona did not appear in any of the Handheld games.

I would gladly welcome the idea of Epona Returning in Zelda Wii. I enjoyed having her in TP and OoT. The idea of her being separated from Link in TP and MM added some drama and depth to the overall story.
I would like the idea of being able to have to work to get Epona again, possibly through some sort of Side-Quest or during the main quest.
In my opinion, having Epona is nearly a necessity for large overworlds. It provides quick transport (except for the warp system in TP. That was obviously faster than a horse). and adds to the ancient/Medieval theme of the game.

Z

Zexion

I would love to have Epona return.
But not as just a way to get from Point A to Point B.
There should be areas that you have to leave Epona behind to go do a quest or something, and then when you get back if you bring, say a carrot with you, Epona will be overjoyed and you can do extra things that you could not do before.
Like a friendship thing that lets you get better things for Epona the better you treat her.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I've been reading these posts (watched Axle's podcast ;) ) and thought about it. I do like a more active overworld that has something on every square. I mean, MC had a blank overworld at first, but then you could fuse kingstones, and you've got weeds growing, trees opening, and gorons punching for bottles.

I've heard people say that MM was blank too, but there were SO MANY sidequests to do.

This didn't really point out about Epona or anytin, but in a more active overworld, you don't really need a transportation. In a blank overworld, it really helps to have some way to get around fast, besides warp points.

So, I wish I could change my vote, or change this post. Or make a new post in World of Zelda.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
i agree with curiosity shop, the horse mat have been faster, bus it makes a boring overworld... i mean, sidequests ddont usually get that ineracate, wouldnt it be fun if just traveling had puzzles? as if the whole overworld was a gigantic temple, and the more new items you get, the further into the overworld you can go! i would rather they just remake pegasus boots run as fast as epona, and allow you to turn, at least that way it doesnt take a minuet to get your horses butt over there in an instant...

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I really enjoyed Epona in TP, it was brilliant. But, I would like it if you work a little bit, then you would feel the satifaction of getting her. Maybe she gets stolen, & you would have to buy her back?

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I remember Axel talking about this in one of the Curiosity Shop videos. He noticed how including a horse tends to give us more wide-open space with less exploring to do. While I think this may have some truth to it for previous Zelda games, I wouldn't call that an essential limit to having a horse. They could make the overworld absolutely enormous to the point where it's hard to get anywhere or explore anything if you don't have a horse to ride around in.

I personally think that the obtaining of Epona works best Majora's Mask-style. Perhaps starting with Epona is a little more realistic, but it takes away a little bit of the value of earning your horse. I'd rather not have to wait as long as we had to in Ocarina of Time, where it took painfully long for us to get Epona. The first time I played it, I forgot to get Epona until probably after I had beaten the game. It didn't really seem very obvious that obtaining Epona was a side-quest, especially when Links riding her all throughout the title screen.

I think it would be possible for Epona to be in the game and to have a overworld that is not totally boring. If they could do that I would be alright with it. Also, I don't see how Epona has become an essential character in the game. Epona has been in 3 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom