• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinger is a crafty bastard. In not so many words he basically expressed he wasn't going to punish me because he wasn't going to allow himself to be gamed like that. Then he started barraging my inbox with you took the peepo videos. I may have tickled the sleeping dragon.

But have a completely unverified ability anyways:

Avengers Assemble (Activated; Day): Select a living player. That player returns to the Active Player pool at the beginning of the following Day.

@Rag, given there are shenanigans already considering you said you targeted sun fan, what makes you sure you received an actual in use role pm?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I have a hard time imagining a role wherein i would get the fake role pm i got after targeting sunfan. I think its comparatively more likely that there is a second ben reily who is also the sensational spiderman in this game, but not as likely as it is that you're just lying, considering the obvious candidate for ben reilly #2 is sunfan and he seems to be claiming something unrelated.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I suppose it's too late now to pursue my skepticism of Funnier. I will therefore just add a few things:

1) Mary Jane is presumably Spider-aligned, and as such her win condition might differ from town's. It is probably presumptuous to assume that she'll lay down her life just because town wants to win the game.

2) The body count of the Guilty plea is at least three harmless(-ish) players - Kaine, Jane, and Spider-Man - insofar as all of them ought to default to helping town. (I presume here that Kaine requires Spider-Man's survival.)

3) Exlight (probably) becomes a cult leader if he dies. But a variant variety.

4) Like Exlight, I tracked Killjoy last night. He didn't do anything.

5) SMS failed to provide me with a cure, which means that he likely was able to use an ability.

6) Not lynching anyone is kind of ridiculous. We ought to at least lynch Freddeh or PK, as neither of them are likely to benefit town. I didn't actually re-count, but I think that Freddeh has more votes, so:

Vote: Freddeh

Skystone

I, Chocobo
7) The best target for random vigilantes is probably Naga/Storm, as neither has contributed. (Sorry, Storm - I know it's not your fault.) The fact that we have, on Day 4, a player for whom there are no meaningful tells or commitments is highly problematic if this whole trial gambit falls apart.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
7) The best target for random vigilantes is probably Naga/Storm, as neither has contributed. (Sorry, Storm - I know it's not your fault.) The fact that we have, on Day 4, a player for whom there are no meaningful tells or commitments is highly problematic if this whole trial gambit falls apart.
I know. working 5 12 hour days a week does take a toll. so let's just help out i guess
Unvote:

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Silly me. i forgot that one of these mean old clones voted for Storm

lets just change that, shall we?

Unvote

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Either your informant is faulty or you are blatantly lying, @Morbid Minish. Which is it?

I said in the trial that I did know that anyone else was a member of the cult of scrier. Let me say it again: I don't know anyone else in the cult of scrier. You have just said the exact opposite.

I can't find the discord message now but I know something was mentioned about it. May have misremembered what was said. But I'll get back to this whenever I find it/get clarification.

You are not Gwen Stacey. You are a clone of Gwen Stacey, created to serve the Jackal. You are not necessarily town-aligned. Spidermen would feel guilt for lynching you because of their backstory, not because you are inherently good. Not everything you say is true, and people should not trust you because of your role.

If you wanna talk backstory you can look it up and find that Gwen Stacy's clone was the one that confronted the Jackal and caused him to become disillusioned with what he had become and give up his life for the guy he had kidnapped. Which I'm assuming comes into play in this game by the Jackal being able to become good. So why would an anti-town role be willingly working towards and able to make another player town if that's not what their alignment is?

Also I'm not longer under the control of the Jackal.

I am in the trial because everyone in the mafia chat was put in the trial. I was a spy in the mafia chat. Therefore, I was put in the trial. Don't you think it would give away my spy status if every mafia member was included except for me?

Presumably, any not dead mafia/threats would not be in the trial. If you hadn't been lynched it wouldn't be known you were a threat, therefore you wouldn't be in it at all. Just like I assume CL or Poy wouldn't be there had they not already flipped because it's *known* threats.

No, they're not. As an example, Kaine was a threat to the town before their cure, and their role in the trial is defending spiderman. I am 100% certain that they would have had that same role even if they were still a threat to the town.
SMS, as you claim, is on the town's side, and they are in the trial. Get your facts straight, Morbid. What is your motive here?

The Jackal is mafia at the moment. They've claimed as much but we're hoping to turn him into town. So if they're working in town's interest and can become town that's kinda being on town's side. Also the Jackal and Kaine were the only absolutes that would be at the trial no matter what. Doesn't matter if they were known, as shown with KoD. The others at trial were any known threats.

This may be true. She has said before that she has an ability that greatly helps the town, but may harm her own well-being. That was back when she was under your control. And yet, she has done nothing with that ability, meaning that it sounds like a gambit to prevent people from lynching her.

I've done nothing with it because it hasn't come up because we've been hitting straight anti-town. Lol. It's not something I have explicit control over. I activate it and if something specific happens then the ability goes through.

Since then, we have learned that Minish is still in contact with SMS,

I lost contact with the Jackal d1. I'm in contact with funnier now.

....o_O How did you un-Rubik yourself and what happened to the cult you were leading?

He had to guess his actual identity. He got a clue every time he solved a puzzle, which were the white hair and blue cape clues. Which led to me telling him I thought he was Traveller (before anyone jumps on this, this was in thread which you can go back and check, I was not in contact with him before then). He said he didn't recruit anyone as Rubik because there were certain conditions where he had to obtain enough points or something before he could. And he discovered his true identity before that happened.

Exlight (probably) becomes a cult leader if he dies. But a variant variety.

Wait, where'd this come from?

Because I want to contribute, but have no useful info, here's a crackpot theory: the reason PK came back is that their role is literally multiple people. We killed the leader of the Scriers, but after a little while someone else took their place. That would be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I have no clue if it is true.

In ASSM2, Goblin aligned meant winning if Norman Osborn (who was Town in that game) both won and survived the game. I should know, I was the only person with the alignment. Clearly that is not the case here, but keep in mind that we simply don't know what the Goblin wincon is (unless Fred or PK claimed it somewhere that I missed). I am ok with currently thinking they are Town compatible, but I'm definitely willing to turn on them the moment they try something.

As the third day since this madness began draws to a close, the villains continue their mockery of a trial, at the center of which is poor Spider-Man, struggling to keep his sanity.

Outside, the rest of the town is at a loss for where to turn. They are being left out of the action, but surely there is still something that they can do? After all, a fair number of them are Spider-Man clones!

Before long fingers start pointing at Freddeh. The evidence suggests his affairs might be tied up with the sometimes nefarious cabal called Scrier. Is that enough to warrant a lynching? At least eight (and a half) individuals seem to think so. But while eight might be enough for some people, it's just not so for Freddeh. He's made of tougher stuff.

"It'll take more than that to bring me down," he says with a smirk. "And believe me when I say tougher ones than you have tried."

Freddeh lights a cigar and blows it in your collective faces. "Well, get on with it then. Pull the trigger! If you're here to kill me, get it over with. Just make sure you don't miss, because one thing is for sure if you shoot me down and I get back up? You won't. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got more important things to do than listen to your spineless whining. Like saving this godforsaken city from all those evil Spider-Men clones and their madcap creator."

With that, Freddeh turns and walks away into the night...

DAY 3: Final Vote Count

Freddeh (8.5): funnier6, ExLight, Ragnarokio, Killjoy, Morbid Minish, Hapi, Skystone, Storm, Spider-Man
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Tevish Szat

Not Voting (9): 15377, Rubik, Asfinyti, Aaarrrgh, Freddeh, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Duskyblue, Mellow Ezlo, Paranoid King
Voteblocked (1): Killjoy

With 20 available votes, it would have taken 11 votes to reach a Majority. Freddeh led the vote and was at M-2.5, but was not Lynched because his Threshold wasn't reached.

The Night 3 Deadline is set for August 2nd at 5:30 PM EST. Click here for an accurate countdown timer.

1. Tevish Szat votes 15377
  2. Tevish Szat unvotes
  3. Storm votes Ashanti [404: Player name not found; vote discounted] (You probably mean Asfinyti, but probably isn't good enough)
  4. Spider-Man votes Storm
  5. Storm unvotes; votes Llesi [404: Player name not found; vote discounted] (LLESI upside-down might spell out 15377, but this isn't bizarro world here)
  6. First Vote Count Tallied
  7. Tevish Szat votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  8. Ragnarokio votes Freddeh
  9. Second Vote Count Tallied
  10. Ragnarokio unvotes; votes Paranoid King
  11. funnier6 votes Paranoid King
  12. funnier6 unvotes; votes Freddeh
  13. ExLight votes Freddeh
  14. Ragnarokio unvotes; votes Freddeh
  15. Killjoy votes Freddeh
  16. Paranoid King tries to vote The Sun Fan, but The Sun Fan is exiled and cannot be voted
  17. Paranoid King votes Aaarrrgh
  18. Morbid Minish votes Freddeh
  19. Zinger2099 ModVotes Rubik for breaking the rules
  20. Paranoid King unvotes; votes Morbid Minish
  21. funnier6 unvotes; votes Zinger2099 (We've been over this already; you can't vote the Mod)
  22. Zinger2099 unvotes [404: No link found] (Huh? Why does that keep happening?)
  23. funnier6 unvotes; votes Paranoid King
  24. Paranoid King unvotes [404: No link found]
  25. funnier6 unvotes; votes Freddeh
  26. Hapi votes Freddeh
  27. Skystone votes Freddeh
  28. Storm votes Freddeh
  29. Spider-Man unvotes; votes Freddeh
  30. Day 3 ended without a Lynch

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
for context, see the second issue of the daily bugle

i'm the one who sent the long post, and in retrospect it should be clear that numbers was the role pm i peeped. Its possible there's some form of trickery going on here. I actually targeted sunfan and not numbers. When numbers eventually claimed bill reily and sunfan venom, i became quite confused, but in light of new information i think i was probably just redirected, and that i received number's role PM after targeting sunfan. Much of what numbers claims adds up (bill reily starts the game as the spectupendus spider-man or w/e the adjective was), and i'm claiming now that one of the abilities which rubik removed from the letter to the editor (which he should know) is that numbers had the ability to remove himself from exile once per night.
Uh, I don't think that was one of them, actually.

Scarlet Spider

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
hmm, I don’t doubt it’s true
but no modvote from you posting that tho :suspicious:

Yeah that's because it's a bunch of BS. LLESILY here is full on dropping a lie storm to help push the trial through, trying to make Silver think he has absolutely nothing to worry about by pleading Guilty. Obviously he crafted his claim off of Rag's newspaper clipping, but since the abilities were redacted he got caught. I'd say it's likely he's one of the Spider clones so had some knowledge of the roles and ability framing we'd experience, but more than likely he flipped threat when the clone business went down and this is further indication that Funnier is aiming to swerve everybody, after all didn't one of them say the option was to join Jackal, which would mean they have the capability to be colluding behind closed doors with SMS? Further evidenced by SMS failing to deliver on the promised cure for Skystone and lying about KoD roleblocking him last night to create more threats in preparation from trials end?

Silver, do the sensible thing. If you're in a lose/lose situation lose with the town. Stand and fight. Don't buy into the hype.

Scarlet Spider

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Because I want to contribute, but have no useful info, here's a crackpot theory: the reason PK came back is that their role is literally multiple people. We killed the leader of the Scriers, but after a little while someone else took their place. That would be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I have no clue if it is true.

Here's an arguably better one. Funnier culted Minish. That's how they came to be in communication, that's his leverage, and that's his pro town shield. His offer to Rubik yesterday wasn't a networking ability but his signaling his intent to cult Rubik last night, as he couldn't have rubik editing anything in a manner that didn't suit his means. SMS, becoming aware that winning with Stacy and town was no longer an option, revived PK as mafia, possibly for funsies ends. Everything about this trial has been a lie from the start.

Fight, silver. Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom