• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Pushed Back to 2017, Playable on Wii U and NX

I feel betrayed, like someone close to me decided to break a promise. This is Zelda's 30th anniversary. So what better way to celebrate than to a delay a game delayed to 2016 to 2017? And not even in the same 12 month range the original game was released? Delay to 2016 because they want to experiment with new ideas? Acceptable. Delay for a console that didn't even exist when production began? Stupid, very stupid. I refuse to "understand" this decision because an NX version is pointless. I don't CARE about the NX at this point, like, at all. Instead of making something original, they're desperate to just port a game made for the Wii U to help the system onto the NX. It's like getting medicine meant for a sick person but only give them half while giving the other half to someone who hasn't gotten sick yet.

What's that obvious response? They did the same thing for Twilight Princess for Gamecube and Wii? Yeah and it was a terrible decision back then too.

I just... ugh. I'm sure I'll get over this later, but right now I'm frustrated.
It's really aggravating because of what that decision did to the design of TP, and I worry that the same things will happen to the much-hyped, much-vaunted game that is supposed to revolutionize everything. It's hard to think a game will be revolutionary when it does the same damn **** that another one did...

bro they crossed that line for me years ago,hence why when i saw stuff like twilight princess hd,metroid federation force,and animal crossing amiibo festival i always had a huge grin on my face
heck,just look at my first comment on this thread in page 2

I mean, I can pass off a few bad games just as filler for a year that doesn't have much going for it. That's going to happen occasionally when you have an off year or something. If you have to rush out a Mario Tennis game just to have something, that's fine, I can deal with it.

But having another completely dead year right after is just baffling. How could there be absolutely nothing on the docket at all? You're telling me they didn't plan ahead at all? It doesn't make sense.

Salem

SICK
So there's nothing to look forward to for the Wii U anymore?

I doubt JUST NOW they decided to port the game to the NX, they untill they have less than a year for the NX's release, they should have gave us the heads up like long ago.

Eh, The dual release is something that I've been expecting for a little while, and Nintendo's reasoning behind the delay is sound... Still, things look pretty bleak this year now. Early 2016 has been pretty decent in terms of releases, but once we hit summer there's just nothing left outside of Pokemon. And as good as Pokemon is, having one notable release in the latter half of the year does not look good.

The Wii U isn't my primary way to play games, so I'm fine just waiting to see what sort of launch line up Nintendo's got for the NX. But if the Wii U's your main console, 2016 looks pretty bad. Hopefully these droughts improve a bit with the NX.

Y2K

When I first got the news I was in the middle of class so I couldn't react. But as soon as I left I was so mad. We have been waiting for this game for so long and with not much given about it I almost gave up on it. But few hours later when I was clear headed I realized that this is a very good thing. If they had rushed this title it could have been a total flop. But they didn't so in a way this is a smart decision. All we can do now is stay hyped and ready for an awesome E3 2016!

I'm annoyed with this announcement. I'm sorry, Nintendo, that the Wii U didn't sell well. But now it's gonna be the only system they have to not have an exclusive Zelda game. If somebody bought a Wii U with the intention of getting Zelda Wii U, now that purchase was worthless (Granted, the Wii U has some great games such as Pikmin 3, but still). I've seen people who were in this situation. I have hope that the NX will be a good console, but I'm not impressed with Nintendo's first move so far.

This marks the 187th frustration I have with Nintendo as a company nowadays.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
When I first got the news I was in the middle of class so I couldn't react. But as soon as I left I was so mad. We have been waiting for this game for so long and with not much given about it I almost gave up on it. But few hours later when I was clear headed I realized that this is a very good thing. If they had rushed this title it could have been a total flop. But they didn't so in a way this is a smart decision. All we can do now is stay hyped and ready for an awesome E3 2016!
But we don't know if they'll even really work on it between now and then for anything other than the NX port. The Wuu version could already be complete and ready to send out. We can't assume that they'll be doing anything really new with the game during this time period.

Aewon

Emperor of the Flesh-Eating Replicators
First off, the Wii U does not sell. 13 million copies is absolute rubbish. It makes no sense for them to support the Wii U with a ton of new games with the NX just around the corner. Luigi's Mansion 3, which is rumoured to be an NX launch title, is rumoured to have started development as a Wii U game. How many others might there be? I've never understood short-term thinking. All the signs seem to indicate that the NX will get proper third-party support, and as a 2017 console it might actually be able to compete with Sony and Microsoft's next-gen consoles in terms of power. That means 5-6 years of awesomeness. So what if we're getting a two-year draught because of it? We're almost at the end of the draught, anyway.

Now, Zelda U. First off, Twilight Princess did not gain much from the delay because it was being ported to the Wii, which has a completely different type of controller. The Wii U and NX versions of the next Zelda, however, are likely to be identical. Which means they'll be working on the gameplay, and the longer it's delayed the longer they'll work on it. As far as E3 is concerned, unless they do something similar to the FFXV reveal event, they're not going to talk about Zelda U for an hour! Besides, they said it'll be the only PLAYABLE game. To me that seems to indicate that most of the games shown will be games that won't be out for a while. That rules out Wii U games. There might be some focus on 3DS games, but I bet that after Zelda the main focus will be NX games. They said the console won't appear at E3. They didn't say there wouldn't be any NX games. In fact, Zelda U is an NX game. Besides, just showing the games would be a good way to reassure gamers who are worried that it'll rely on some gimmick.

I sort of lost hope back in 2015, so this isn't really news to me. Of course, I am not a traitor and I still look forward to when it actually does come out.

Frankly, I think I'm just really sick of putting up with Nintendo's **** in general, going all the way back to the first Amiibo shortages and the fiasco with the Smash Bros adapter.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Frankly, I think I'm just really sick of putting up with Nintendo's **** in general, going all the way back to the first Amiibo shortages and the fiasco with the Smash Bros adapter.
just do what i did,accept they're just a freaking shell now and laugh at everything they do
that's legit why im not mad at this,if anything,this was fantastic news

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom