• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Pushed Back to 2017, Playable on Wii U and NX

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Nintendo of Europe has confirmed a dual release for Zelda on the Wii U and NX in 2017 through Twitter. The tweet also mentions that the game will be the focus of this year's E3.

@NintendoEurope
The new Legend of #Zelda will be the focus of #E3 2016. It will launch simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017

ChCD3IuWIAA9pjj.png

What are your thoughts on this announcement?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Love the artwork as there's no doubt over the gender of Link there unless you can't see it. Don't love the lack of the tunic.

Also, I literally don't care about this game anymore, they've been way too quiet about it that at this point it being delayed just feels like something that was bound to happen. Heck might as well delay it to the end of 2017 to make double double double sure that the game is as "improved" as it can be.

I'm suddenly wondering if I should dig up my husband's copy of Duke Nukem Forever....

Nah, just kidding. I think it's safe to say some of the rumors have been squashed though. And NX/Wii simultaneous release is more of a good educated guess. Suppose I'll have to eat my hat on that one.

2014 zelda will u be release for 2015.
2015 zelda wii u will be release for 2016.
2016 => Zelda wii u will be release for 2017 AND with zelda NX. Whaaaaaaaat… ??

But i love the art. Just look at the book !!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
This game will also be the only playable game at Nintendo's E3 booth..... NX is releasing alongside Zelda U.

I can't say I'm not disappointed. But at least I can start saving up money for the system if it's to my liking this E3. They better show off some ****ing Wii U games though at E3 if they are waiting until March for NX. I mean, some real Wii U games. Not sticker Star 2, not Ultra Smash and Amiibo festival. I want some real, high quality games.

So it's pulling a Twilight Princess hey? Kinda cheesed off that Nintendo have been very quiet about this game and it's now been pushed back to 2017. I just hope the bulk of their presentation is about the new Zelda game to make up for the their silence since 2014.

6 years then, six years and a new console which the new game will surely run better on.

That's it, I'm done, I'm not waiting anymore. Next time I think about Zelda U is launch day, that's if its worth picking up on the wiiU at all. Im not going through with Zelda U what i went through with Shadow of Mordor on the ps3, screw it.

I dont know what is going on with Nintendo that they've delayed a game for two years now and delayed a console until after the holiday season. Why are they seemingly so disorganised?

I was looking forward to Zelda U at e3 if I got to play it this year. But I'm not. Im not having another skyward sword ordeal where almost all of the game had been showcased before launch.

Zelda is gonna have 9months of footage under its belt by the time it releases. Like SS, there probably wont be much left to discover, and its going to be hard to avoid the news.

Im so disappointed with this. This is the longest between home console games since alttp-oot, and the wiiU now wont have its own Zelda, so for every Zelda fan, aside from hd remakes, its been pointless to buy a wiiU for a new Zelda.

So disappointing. Delaying it for 2 years... Ugh.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
6 years then, six years and a new console which the new game will surely run better on.

That's it, I'm done, I'm not waiting anymore. Next time I think about Zelda U is launch day, that's if its worth picking up on the wiiU at all. Im not going through with Zelda U what i went through with Shadow of Mordor on the ps3, screw it.

I dont know what is going on with Nintendo that they've delayed a game for two years now and delayed a console until after the holiday season. Why are they seemingly so disorganised?

I was looking forward to Zelda U at e3 if I got to play it this year. But I'm not. Im not having another skyward sword ordeal where almost all of the game had been showcased before launch.

Zelda is gonna have 9months of footage under its belt by the time it releases. Like SS, there probably wont be much left to discover, and its going to be hard to avoid the news.

Im so disappointed with this. This is the longest between home console games since alttp-oot, and the wiiU now wont have its own Zelda, so for every Zelda fan, aside from hd remakes, its been pointless to buy a wiiU for a new Zelda.

So disappointing. Delaying it for 2 years... Ugh.
Spirit, I have to say. From personal experience, 9 months of footage is nothing. And with how big Zelda U could be, they could show off 12 hours of the game without ruining the surprise. I had probably seen around 12 hours of Xenoblade X footage, and I was barely spoiled at all. The game was still completely fresh for me.

I am holding off my thoughts until we actually see the game. We don't even know exactly what Zelda U is, so once we find out this E3, we will know whether it was worth the wait.

Dan

Well all this tweet has stated is water is wet more or less. We were well aware it was going to be a duel release and I'm pretty hyped for it. I'm definitely getting the superior version on NX that's for sure. I suspect that version may house more content too. We were well aware it was also coming in 2017 too so no skin of our noses here fans of the crown.

Spirit, I have to say. From personal experience, 9 months of footage is nothing. And with how big Zelda U could be, they could show off 12 hours of the game without ruining the surprise. I had probably seen around 12 hours of Xenoblade X footage, and I was barely spoiled at all. The game was still completely fresh for me.

I am holding off my thoughts until we actually see the game. We don't even know exactly what Zelda U is, so once we find out this E3, we will know whether it was worth the wait.

For me, at this point (and I'm used to waiting for Zelda), I'm just so deflated. Its a knee jerk reaction, I know, but I don't think that all the info in the world on Zelda U now can get me excited for it now.

We have new art and a release date but its not enough, especially if it runs better on NX. No news or footage could hype me now. I'm just feeling far too let down to muster any love right now.

It sucks, but at this point what can you really do. Nintendo has nothing to lose and they dont give too ****s about us, how much more damage can another delay make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom