• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Greatest Video Game Achievement

Are You Very Proud of Your Achievement

• I'M VERY PROUD!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Happy I Succeeded!

• I Don't Really Care...

• It Doesn't Matter

• WHO CARES?!!

• I Don't Have A Great Achievement

• Total voters

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
The title speaks for itself. Mine had to be killing the GIANT Ceadeus Monster in MHTri with a punch as the finisher move. After about 100 attmepts at that, I did it. My wep had 671 Damamge, and punches have 5 damage. After 26 minutes of slashing, I started punching and BANG! it died.
Next...

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Hmmm there are so many. Well, the most recent one was when I defeated Kyrie's Brother, Credo a couple of days ago in Devil May Cry 4. Obviously, I had to use Nero since this was my first time playing the game. All together, it took me about an hour and 30 minutes until I finally realized that I needed to use gamespot's cheats for this fight lmbo! The other achievement that I think ties as the greatest for me was defeating Dante for the second time in DMC4. =)

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My greatest achievement is probably completing a 23% run in Metroid Prime. It felt so good to finally beat the Omega Pirate with practically nothing after many attempts.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'd rather call it a quick kill rather than cheating, the fierce diety mask can do one HECK of a damage. And it's possible if you shoot the beam then jump attack Odolwa.

Anyway to my point, I'm not very proud of achievements, I see it as proof of my victory. I only get excited when I'm on the edge of losing. Then I when I beat my foe, I jump for joy and gloat around. And they are victories to me, and to me they aren't achievements.

For instance, I achieved a feat of beating the 6 bosses in Spirit Tracks in the Take em' all challenge without dying and I had only 5 four hearts with me. I had no potions and I had max upgrades on bombs and arrows. Though it may seem a nearly impossible feat, it's possible. I kept trying during I have spare time in the last few weeks. To me, this is not that much exciting.

What's exciting is beating Dark Link in Hylia Water temple using good old sword play with half a heart left. I was on edge on that one and I had a close call of dying again, but it was fun to do it!

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Hmm, I don't really know...
As each time I'm getting better at videoganes, previous victories which I thought were difficult may now be much easier.
Anyways, I still remember when I beated Boeser in Paper Mario (for the Nintendo 64). I remember it was very hard because, being that my first playthrough, I mostly raised my HP and FP, without caring about the Badges, thus losing important attacks and upgrades, among other things. I also had the issue that the battle became extremely hard after Bowser recovered 30 HP... But I managed to beat him because in one of my dozens of battles against him he didn't recover =D
Also on two other games on the Nintendo 64, I got very happy: when I completed Super Mario 64, which was a lot harder than I thought (took me five years to beat the game!) and when I completed Jungle Japes in Donkey Kong 64 (do you know how big the game is? Collecting 500 bananas and 25 golden bananas in each level, plus the two hidden banana fairies? Crazy).
Also my biggest achievement will probably be beating Jet Force Gemini 100% in my first playthrough (I'm in Tawfret with Juno and in Ichor Military Base with Vela), without any kind of help.
Also beating Paper Mario 100% will be a major achievement, being it so that it includes like 160 star pieces, 80 badges and 50 cooking recipes, plus a lot of other things!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Completing my 1st 3 Heart Run on OoT using completely insane limitations view my Thread Limitations if you want to know what they were.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
When I got back my Metroid Fusion in February and passed it without anyone or anythings help. I had it when it came out in 2002 shortly after it's release and the game messed up sometime in 2003 or 2004 when it wouldn't save anymore so I got rid of it and got it back years later. For some reason I found the game hard and had my brother's help when I was young. But it was just another game to me last year and I was much smarter and better at games period.

And of course passing any game and getting achievements on XBOX 360.

Last edited:

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Definitely when I beated ALL of Pokemon Stadium 2, both rounds, the rival, everything. I had so many difficult cup challenges in the 2nd round left unfinished for years, when I decided to try and knock it out during a particularly boring spring break week one year. I made quite a few new teams for that one...

I also got a little full of myself this one time during a three heart run in TP... I was doing the CoD, had no fairies, soup, potions or anything and still had the triple Darknut room ahead of me. I managed to scoop up rare chu jelly in one of the rooms the second before it disappeared. It ended up saving my run :cool:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Well, today me and my friend skullkid (that his username) were fishing on OoT. Well, there was this HUGE fish, and he would lose interest every five seconds. Finally, I got a hold on him. He was really fighting, it took about a minute and a half to catch him. When I FINALLY got him, he covered HALF THE SCREEN!
The text went as follows: "WHOA! It wont even fit on the screen! We can't weigh it precisely, but it's about 24 pounds!"
I freaked out, because I didn't even think a 24-Pounder was possible!!

~​

Mine was when I finished off Bowser in the Final battle in Super Mario 64 years ago ;) Amazing Game!

Wow! You beat bowser in Super Mario... 64 years ago! That really is an achievement!! Lol.

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
In WoW, our guild was the 6th in the world to get the Conqueror of Ulduar achievement (the guild being Purpose of Argent Dawn-US). :)

As amazing an achievement of teamwork and perseverance that it was, I'm glad I don't play that game anymore. :sweat:

i actually have two, but ill just say this is the greater one, i beat call of duty 4 on veteran difficulty, some of you are probably better than me but it took me a day and a half on the final mission of the campaign. another one im proud of is that i beat dark link in Zelda 2 ....SPOILER: without using the corner glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom