• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I may Pre-order Star Fox Zero, but I don't know. I want to see more of it before I make a decision.
That's totally understandable. It's not everyone's favourite type of thing to play. The only issue for me there is repalyability. Apart from doing every stage and getting the medals, there was not much replayability in SF and SF64. So it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Of course, I would have XCX pre-ordered, but NoA still remains fricken tight lipped of the special edition. I just want to preorder it, and get it done....
I know. NioA have only talked about a unique CE but not what's in it. I suspect it'll be the same as the PAL one, hopefully they tell us soon. People need know so they can pre-order it. I'm interested to know what it has to offer too.

Not to jock on your preferences of games.... But why Mario Tennis..... Mechanically, it looks to be the most bland Mario Tennis ever, while at the same time having extremely stupid mechanics... I just see that as shovelware. If Nintendo wanted to give us a good Mario sports game, they should had given us Mario Strikers, or a new Mario Sluggers(Or even a brand new sport). Again, it was early-ish in development... But really? From E3, they would only have 4 months at the most for actual development time....
I can agree with you mostly. I am going off Mower Power Tennis here for the GC. That was pretty good. Much better than Grand Slam Tennis and Top Spin on the Wii. The issues there was the Wii stick. It was just so hard to get into. The learning curve of the motion controls was huge. Add in the fact the motion controls were not the best and yeah two not very good games. I bought both for $5 each on sale. I would not have bought them at full price.

Back on topic, I'm not after a perfect Mario Tennis game, I'm just after a Mario Tennis game on the WiiU to play. I can say it's a risk to pre-order it as we don;t know how much content it will have. The E3 video of it didn't show off much of the game at all, only the updated power smash moves. Call me a fan of the series and I'll take a risk on it. If it's bad, so be it. But I haven't pre-ordered it and I might just hold off andget more info closer to release date on it. I think Nintendo chose Tennis as they think it'll sell more than a Mario Football or a Mario Baseball game. I can't say Mario Tennis Ultra Smash will be bad or not, we simply don't have enough information on it yet.

I'm not against what you said here, actually I'm all for it. If we stop thinking rationally and only buying the best games then every developer will be like EA that gets to pump out crap year after year becauyse the people don't stop buying it.

Now we are off topic here, so let us go over something else.
NEW TOPIC:
All yah XCX fanatics. What types of D-Ermmmm Ahem, Skells will you guys create? What colors, and what types of frames do you guys like the best?

I will definitely be cruising around in my heavy Frame Skell, called "'Dorf" of which it will be based on Ganondorf.
I do think Skells is a terrible word for it. I think mechs is a much better wat to describe them, but that's just me. And I don't know how much I'll want to use it. I'll have to play the game to know. I think I'll make mine as fast and agile as the game allows me. In mechs and similar thing I prefer fast agile ones over fat powerful ones. Also I'll want to see how easy they are to destroy and what the insurance cost is for them. The developers did say that the insurance was only a last minute addition as they felt they cost a little too much to be a one destruction and gone thing. I will take a wild guess and say they they will be required at some point of the game. so might as well make them all pretty and badass killing machines.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That's totally understandable. It's not everyone's favourite type of thing to play. The only issue for me there is repalyability. Apart from doing every stage and getting the medals, there was not much replayability in SF and SF64. So it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I know. NioA have only talked about a unique CE but not what's in it. I suspect it'll be the same as the PAL one, hopefully they tell us soon. People need know so they can pre-order it. I'm interested to know what it has to offer too.

I can agree with you mostly. I am going off Mower Power Tennis here for the GC. That was pretty good. Much better than Grand Slam Tennis and Top Spin on the Wii. The issues there was the Wii stick. It was just so hard to get into. The learning curve of the motion controls was huge. Add in the fact the motion controls were not the best and yeah two not very good games. I bought both for $5 each on sale. I would not have bought them at full price.

Back on topic, I'm not after a perfect Mario Tennis game, I'm just after a Mario Tennis game on the WiiU to play. I can say it's a risk to pre-order it as we don;t know how much content it will have. The E3 video of it didn't show off much of the game at all, only the updated power smash moves. Call me a fan of the series and I'll take a risk on it. If it's bad, so be it. But I haven't pre-ordered it and I might just hold off andget more info closer to release date on it. I think Nintendo chose Tennis as they think it'll sell more than a Mario Football or a Mario Baseball game. I can't say Mario Tennis Ultra Smash will be bad or not, we simply don't have enough information on it yet.

I'm not against what you said here, actually I'm all for it. If we stop thinking rationally and only buying the best games then every developer will be like EA that gets to pump out crap year after year becauyse the people don't stop buying it.

I do think Skells is a terrible word for it. I think mechs is a much better wat to describe them, but that's just me. And I don't know how much I'll want to use it. I'll have to play the game to know. I think I'll make mine as fast and agile as the game allows me. In mechs and similar thing I prefer fast agile ones over fat powerful ones. Also I'll want to see how easy they are to destroy and what the insurance cost is for them. The developers did say that the insurance was only a last minute addition as they felt they cost a little too much to be a one destruction and gone thing. I will take a wild guess and say they they will be required at some point of the game. so might as well make them all pretty and badass killing machines.
Insurance is free when you buy a Skell. You get 3 chances to destroy the Skell, of which the insurance will take care of the costs. After that third time, you need to buy the repairs for the Skell(of which it is pretty much the cost of buying a new one). However, the feature that was added last minute was a chance to "save" your Skell. If your doll reaches 0 HP, then there will be a quick time event(Similar to Sol Voice) of which you can save your Skell from being destroyed(And saving an insurance attempt). This was probably created due to the high level Unique monsters that have arts that specifically one shot Skells.

From what I have heard, Skells are very much necessary for a large portion of the game. You need them to explore new areas, take on Unique Monsters that are higher leveled than you(Level cap is 60, but UM can get up to level 99), and to take out other enemies with Skells.

Xenoblade Chronicles X might not have the best localisation ever. 8-4 are doing part of it and their track record is not the best.

According to one random person
8-4 was responsible for

Complete rewrites to FE13's script
Cutting out half the content from Azure Striker Gunvolt
Tales of Heart R's "translation" (It's so wildly off script you'd notice even on mute and not knowing the original text. Full of moments like characters pounding their feat while the text tries to write emotations that aren't appropriate. It was also horribly inconsistent with established English naming conventions for the Tales of series)
Destroying Mighty Number 9 by giving a crazy mod powers INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO BAR YOU FROM PRODUCTS YOU PAID FOR BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT LIKE YOUR POLITICS because she was blowing one of their guys.

He also did this:

original.jpg

English = game localised English
Japanese = the game's original text
My Rough Translation = him roughly translating the Japanese into English. To prove the localisation team for XCX suck (in his opinion).

You can take this with lots of salt but he seems to think the XCX localisation will be bad.

Link to all of this here (read the comments):
http://nintendoeverything.com/8-4-appears-to-be-involved-with-xenoblade-chronicles-xs-localization/

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Xenoblade Chronicles X might not have the best localisation ever. 8-4 are doing part of it and their track record is not the best.

According to one random person

He also did this:

original.jpg

English = game localised English
Japanese = the game's original text
My Rough Translation = him roughly translating the Japanese into English. To prove the localisation team for XCX suck (in his opinion).

You can take this with lots of salt but he seems to think the XCX localisation will be bad.

Link to all of this here (read the comments):
http://nintendoeverything.com/8-4-appears-to-be-involved-with-xenoblade-chronicles-xs-localization/
I think we know where the term "Skell" came from. Also removing "Testament"........

However, 8-4 have done some very good localizations though. Fire Emblem Awakening, Monster Hunter 4 had very fantastic localizations....

So I guess we just flip a coin? Hopefully NoA and NoE will keep them in check.......
We should just hope for the best...
I REALLY do not want this localization to suck.... But I would not be surprised if it did suck.....

Hopefully NoA and NoE will keep them in check.......
My best bet is NoA will and NoE will not. NoA are well known for some very good localisations. NoE on the other hand are well known for being terrible at localisations. To the point of getting in game information wrong, most resently noticed (by me) in SSB4. NoE mixed up things so there is oncorrect track names for songs, incorrect trophy information etc etc. Only a NoE butchered PAL issue though. The NTSC SSB4 is totally fine.

I am assuning with a localisation project this massive NoA and NoE will team up for it and not have separate PAL and NTSC localisations. I really hope this is the case. That would ensure the best possible end result. NoE have the talent but can't QA test their work for ****. So if NoA can keep all that in check and basically check all NoE and 8-4's work is up to scratch it'll be all good. Usually NoA and NoE don't team up for localisations but XCX is different, it's so massive it'd be cost effecitve for Nintendo as a whole to only localise it once.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
My best bet is NoA will and NoE will not. NoA are well known for some very good localisations. NoE on the other hand are well known for being terrible at localisations. To the point of getting in game information wrong, most resently noticed (by me) in SSB4. NoE mixed up things so there is oncorrect track names for songs, incorrect trophy information etc etc. Only a NoE butchered PAL issue though. The NTSC SSB4 is totally fine.

I am assuning with a localisation project this massive NoA and NoE will team up for it and not have separate PAL and NTSC localisations. I really hope this is the case. That would ensure the best possible end result. NoE have the talent but can't QA test their work for ****. So if NoA can keep all that in check and basically check all NoE and 8-4's work is up to scratch it'll be all good. Usually NoA and NoE don't team up for localisations but XCX is different, it's so massive it'd be cost effecitve for Nintendo as a whole to only localise it once.
Since there will be both British and American VA's, I know they have to be working together.

Furthermore, NoE's localization for Xenoblade is practically the best localization of a JRPG ever.... They didn't screw almost anything up.

I just hope Xenoblade X isn't censored to hell and back. That is my main concern.....

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Speaking of localization....
We have more footage, with voice acting even

13:19
Stupid Treehouse rep can't fricken shut up, but I say it's some pretty decent VA.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I just wish the game didn't have that weird combat system, that's all that's holding me back with this game. I just don't see how this combat system can be exciting.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I just wish the game didn't have that weird combat system, that's all that's holding me back with this game. I just don't see how this combat system can be exciting.
Its one of those games that you have to play to enjoy, and don't worry, you get use to combat system, it just take some time to get use to. So before you know it, you be playing like a pro.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Its one of those games that you have to play to enjoy, and don't worry, you get use to combat system, it just take some time to get use to. So before you know it, you be playing like a pro.
^^ This
Xenoblade's battle system is overall one of the most rewarding battle systems in any RPG. It very much reminds me of Chrono Trigger in that regard. Getting your tension up... Saving up for a chain attack(Or in X's case, the overclock gear), and then ripping loose is a very rewarding experience. You just need to get used to the battle system.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
^^ This
Xenoblade's battle system is overall one of the most rewarding battle systems in any RPG. It very much reminds me of Chrono Trigger in that regard. Getting your tension up... Saving up for a chain attack(Or in X's case, the overclock gear), and then ripping loose is a very rewarding experience. You just need to get used to the battle system.
Agreed^^

NA/NTSC Collectors edition

VaABOUc.jpg

I'll do a little comparison PAL to NTSC special editions.

1rrFO96.jpg

* The Solus Software we assume is just the game but most retailers are listing it as a separate item to “Xenoblade Chronicles X game”. So it’s anyone’s guess if this is the game itself which we think it is or not. The NA Limited edition makes no mention of this though.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@the8thark
I think it is a little bit more different than you think.
First, I was extremely mad, seeing how little tangible things we actually got....
Instead of a soundtrack, we get a USB with 10 songs on it.
We don't get any posters, at all, nor do we get a steel book.

Then I found out the info on the art book. The US art book, is way larger is height and width that the Europe and Japan versions.... And it is over 100 pages long, containing way more exclusive content that Japan and Europe gets.

So, it's a trade-off. That's alright though. I can't wait to get my hands on that art book.....
The SE already sold out on Amazon,so I hope I can get it through Best Buy or Gamestop.

Then I found out the info on the art book. The US art book, is way larger is height and width that the Europe and Japan versions.... And it is over 100 pages long, containing way more exclusive content that Japan and Europe gets.
That would be a shame if the PAL artbook is just a cut price version. The artbook is what I'm most interersted in. But we shall see soon enough how good or bad the PAL artbook is. If it's really that bad I just might hit ebay and see if I can get an NTSC one for a decent price one day.

I don't think it's a fair trade off if the artbooks are not the same. The posters and USB stick is meh, not amazing. The steelbook is nice but you get the better outer box (going by what info we have now). That's not here nor there either. But the artbook being different, that's huge. And rather disappointing. Sure nice for the NA people. But considering the EU and Aus pay more for the Limited Edition than NA, we should at least get just as good an artbook. We shall see if the PAL regions are screwed on the artbook or not in a few months.

In short, if you are a fan of artbooks then NA is the by far superior version (with the information we have at hand now.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's a bit much for a special edition that lacks a big poster, which was what I really wanted. Come to think of it I also need to buy a hard drive of some sort just to play this thing. I may not be getting this after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom