• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Lozjam do you know why NA is getting a better artbook than Jap and the PAL regions are?
I am just curious as to why this is.
I have absolutely no idea. We are talking about Nintendo here, who makes absolutely no sense. We are talking about a company whose North American faction is intentionally holding back an already released game for 3 months for absolutely no reason.
Nintendo is kind of like a form of Russian Roulette. Sometimes you get some really amazing things, other times you get screwed.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
This game might be a lot more niche than the likes of Super Mario Maker and Splatoon, but I have no doubt that Xenoblade Chronicles X will be the definitive Wii U game of 2015. The game has a beautiful soundtrack, the best realistic looking visuals on the Wii U, and the same level of combat intricacy as the original Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. I'm just worried that it will take a sales toll in the Americas, due to being released after Black Friday.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
This game might be a lot more niche than the likes of Super Mario Maker and Splatoon, but I have no doubt that Xenoblade Chronicles X will be the definitive Wii U game of 2015. The game has a beautiful soundtrack, the best realistic looking visuals on the Wii U, and the same level of combat intricacy as the original Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. I'm just worried that it will take a sales toll in the Americas, due to being released after Black Friday.
That comes to be our job. I really really want this game to be a full-fledged Nintendo IP and something to show Nintendo that we want RPG's and we love Monolith Soft.
Just as Xenoblade Chronicles sold through word of mouth, we will have to too.

However, if marketed properly, this game has the potential to break the mainstream in America's audience. This is a game with guns, giant robots, huge worlds to explore. If Nintendo went all out with this like they did Splatoon, we would have over 1 million copies sold in America period.
Just imagine them showing a shortened versions of these trailers at TV channels such as Spike or FX, or something like that.

This would grab people's attention immediately. Perhaps even enough to sell both the game, and some Wii U's
-_-*sigh*
It's not so mad. It's just an age. That is way better than them taking out the "scandalous clothing". Furthermore, it makes more sense for a child prodigy to be 15 in a western setting. Furthermore, it may have been because of Lin's voice actor(Wow, the American spelling is so weird when I have been referring her as "Lyn").

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
I'm more put off by the fact that Xenoblade X is being released so late in the year. It definitely comprises Game of the Year material, but with so little time for the masses to play and effectively judge the game, it'd be too late for the right amount of votes to roll in. Because of this one irksome shortcoming, the GotY title will in all likelihood be handed to Skyrim 2.0, aka The Witcher 3. Both Witcher 3 and XCX hit the shelves around the same time, but the latter was, and is, still overseas.

Ironically, I feel it's worth mentioning that Skyward Sword still came ahead of Skyrim in 2011 despite the later release, yet SS is from an already established franchise. So in the very least, there's a slight chance that Xenoblade X could arrive on top.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So let's spark a little speculation on the localization on this game.
So we all know of the new race in Xenoblade X called the Manon.

Apparently, in the Japanese version of the game, much like the Nopon, these creatures have their own dialogue quirks. The Nopon have distinct differences between the Japanese and Western release in Xenoblade Chronicles. I believe Nopon often end their phrases and many words with "isu". I may not be correct in that statement. However, let us discuss what we think the Manon's speech patterns will be. In the Japanese version of the game, they apparently speak Japanese, but with an American accent. So perhaps the opposite will ring true for the western release of the game?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Sigh.... These are downright disgraceful compared to the NoJ's survival guide. They took their time, actually explained the concepts of Xenoblade X, and they did them in a fun way! The characters interacted with each other, and even made jokes to explain the game! They were informative, fun, and full of effort.... The NoA/NoE guide is rushed, confusing, boring, and frankly half-assed.

Sigh.... It's like NoA wants this game to fail... They are barely advertising it, this very video never was even in mentioned in Nintendo's twitter.

Xenoblade X is the only game that has a chance of making Nintendo's holiday a little less than outright disgusting, it's time they treated it as such.

Edit: here is the Japanese battle video for reference and for those who actually want to learn about the games battle mechanics

Last edited:

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Hey guys, I preorder the special edition from GameStop yesterday! So expect to see a friend code exchange thread in the Xeno Series Enthusiasts group real soon:D

Hey guys, I preorder the special edition from GameStop yesterday! So expect to see a friend code exchange thread in the Xeno Series Enthusiasts group real soon:D
Congrats. At least you're not stuck with the half assed PAL Limited Edition like I am. But as least you'll all be able to see the PAL Limited Edition when I get it. I'll share photos.
I'd like to see what NA got too. So we can compare versions and see who got what better in their Limited Edition.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Congrats. At least you're not stuck with the half assed PAL Limited Edition like I am. But as least you'll all be able to see the PAL Limited Edition when I get it. I'll share photos.
I'd like to see what NA got too. So we can compare versions and see who got what better in their Limited Edition.
Thanks^^! Well to be honest, I feel like you guys got the better deal because it comes with the system. I have to buy a frickin mario 3d world bundle, in order to play it. But yeah, good idea about sharing photos:). I will take a picture of mines as well, and show it to you.

Thanks^^! Well to be honest, I feel like you guys got the better deal because it comes with the system. I have to buy a frickin mario 3d world bundle, in order to play it. But yeah, good idea about sharing photos:). I will take a picture of mines as well, and show it to you.
You could get the Super Mario Maker Bundle. SMM is pretty good actually. If you're into that kind of thing. Kinda sucks there's no NA WiiU bundle with the game though.

For the people who already own the WiiU - The NA Limited Edition is better but both Limited Editions are pretty different so we will have to wait and see what we all get.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
You could get the Super Mario Maker Bundle. SMM is pretty good actually. If you're into that kind of thing. Kinda sucks there's no NA WiiU bundle with the game though.

For the people who already own the WiiU - The NA Limited Edition is better but both Limited Editions are pretty different so we will have to wait and see what we all get.
Well I stop caring about Mario games since I started playing Zelda games at age 11, but I do love the first two Paper Mario games and I also love Super Mario World since that was the game that I played the most when I was a toddler. It would be fun to make and play all of the levels from Super Mario World, but I don't want to pay full price on games that rely too much on online multiplayer or having a online connection, that's why I didn't get the splatoon bundle, that game looks fun and all, but it looks like one of those games that you can pick up and put down in a couple of minutes. I'm still going to pick it up, I'm just waiting for the price to go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom