• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Hey guys, I preorder the special edition from GameStop yesterday! So expect to see a friend code exchange thread in the Xeno Series Enthusiasts group real soon:D
YOOOOO!
Enjoy the riches of Lady Meyneth Bronado.

The SE of this game is just so amazing.
Also yeah! I cannot wait to do some squad quests with you guys. That will be fun. Now what I want to figure out is what class(es) I would like to be.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
How many can be in a squad at once?
When you boot up the game, you can choose to either go all random, or with your friends in a squad.
32 people are chosen from that, whatever it may be. Unfortunately there is no invites and such, but that's alright. You can change your squad at any time. So your squad can complete objectives together individually, trade items, chat, use each other's Crosses ect. Then you can also go on Squad Missions in groups of 4, which is in real time and together.

Haha. Funny... I haven't even played the game, nor have I ever truly seen it on action besides trailers and Japanese pre-release content, but I can still tell you guys more than NoA does...

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Haha. Funny... I haven't even played the game, nor have I ever truly seen it on action besides trailers and Japanese pre-release content, but I can still tell you guys more than NoA does...

Yeah, that's kind of sad really.

I bought the Special Edition pack as well. I'm VERY much looking forward to this game. This game is going to be massive and time consuming.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
YOOOOO!
Enjoy the riches of Lady Meyneth Bronado.

The SE of this game is just so amazing.
Also yeah! I cannot wait to do some squad quests with you guys. That will be fun. Now what I want to figure out is what class(es) I would like to be.
Thanks Lozjam, I'm turning up the heat around Christmas! I'm looking forward to playing with ya too^^! Hmm, lets see, try to go with the one that best fits your play style, are you a dps player, tank, etc?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Thanks Lozjam, I'm turning up the heat around Christmas! I'm looking forward to playing with ya too^^! Hmm, lets see, try to go with the one that best fits your play style, are you a dps player, tank, etc?
Hmmmm....
Well, in a Xenoblade setting I normally play as Shulk, Melia, and Dunban........
So basically 2 glass canons and an agility tank. One of the glass canons focusing on damage, the other on auras that do large amounts of damage. So maybe I would be a cross in between full metal jaguar, a samurai gunner, and a.... Psychocorruptor.... This is hard because I really don't know much about the classes, just general overview stuff.
i wanna squad
;-;
you can definitely squad with us man. Just get the game!

If you want a 3rd co-op buddy I'll join you. My go to 3 in the Wii game are: Me as Reyn and my two AI partners are Shulk and Sharla. I do swap to Skulk in the bigger Mechon battles though as Shulk's AI with the Monado is a little dumb. He doesn't cast the all allies can hurt Mechon enough and uses the monado arts at all the wrong times. I am aware this is probably not the best trio combo in the game but I like it so I persist with it.

My XCX class would be anything that is hard aggro generating melee tank. Not an agility dodge tank. I mean the strength meat shield tank. I take the hits to the face and laugh. I might eventually try a healer too if I can in the same game or start a new game one day for it. I'm not the miggest fan of playing as glass dps characters though (or dps in general). I know DPS are needed but I prefer to play the Tank in the team mostly.

The classes in XCX feel a little like the SNES game Seiken Densetsu 3. You have a starter class. Then you choose your main class as in what you want to be. Then you can choose one of 2 (I think it is) specialities of that class. Or in other words you choose your class then you choose what aspect of that class you want to further specalise in. I could be wrong but that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Considering the amount of time I've invested in the original, there's still so much I don't understand about the inner workings of the characters' abilities. For example, I get that Reyn is a tank and Dunban is an agility tank, basically the same though with a different purpose, but I'm not good at identifying those "roles" right off the bat. Perhaps it's due to inexperience dealing with RPGs overall, I just tend to go with the battle system's color scheme and the attack descriptions to trigger the decisive blow. It feels more intuitive that way.

Early on I'd use Shulk as often as I could, and never really got around to trying Reyn out until my third playthrough (as well as the others). Once I hit Makna Forest, I started maining Riki for draining damage (I love that he's a jack-of-all-trades), Shulk for power attacks, and Sharla for healing/support. Later on when, um, another character came back she turned out to be my favorite, and I traded her with Riki and kept Shulk and Sharla. So, as the more adept players can probably tell, I didn't get the privilege of fleshing everyone out until now. These days I can appreciate Dunban and Melia's assistance a bit more, because a Shulk and Sharla duo can be seen as gamebreaking.

On to the new game, the class system is a major draw-in for me. I'm definitely going to experiment with each class, but will probably stick with a gunslinger/swordwielder combination.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
but...i don't have the console

Simple solution for that! Buy one!

I really liked Dunban and
Seven a.k.a., you-know-who
for similar, but different reasons. When I pick a class, I do not like to be a meat tank like Reyn or even Riki (depending on your play style). I do prefer the agility tank but even more I would prefer to play as someone like Sharla. I can do damage from afar, I have one, maybe two, really powerful abilities, and I would have really good support skills. Casting buffs on allies and debuffs on enemies. That sort of thing.

On the other hand,
Seven
was amazing if you fixed
Seven
up with double attack and critical up gems. I mean, a complete beast. By the end of the game, my main party was Dunban, Sharla, and
Seven.

I wonder if I should even spoiler-tag that, since I'm assuming most of us here have already played/beaten the game. But for the sake of one of the biggest
spoilers
in gaming history, I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom