• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Dark Link Make An Appearance?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I seem to be making a lot of new threads lately, i hope no one minds but anyway. I was wondering if Dark Link will show up at some point in ST, it seems about time that he makes his DS debut plus he only seems to pop up when we are in hyrule.

I love fighting him, and wish nintendo would put a little extra something into Dark Links story, ST could be their chance to do just that. Also it seems appropriate that he should be used again for Spirit Tracks, the title and overall theme of the game would help Dark Link to fit right in.

thoughts?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't know if he would show up. From what I know of ST so far, it might seem a bit forced to include him as a major plot element. I suppose he might work as a mini-boss like in OoT, or in a camo like TP, but really I think WW's style doesn't really lend itself to having a dark shadowy side of Link present.

I know he made an appearance in the FS titles, which according to the box art was the same WW style, but he really didn't fit there in my opinion. He seemed more like the odd "Dark Mario" from Mario Sunshine which I felt was forced and really had no overall point.

Originally, the concept of Dark Link was the manifestation of any corruption Link might've had in him. He had to defeat the shadowy version of himself in order to claim the Triforce of Courage. With the pretty heavy sounding plot about Zelda, I just don't think Dark Link would find time to surface.

I'm sure a lot of other people would like him to show up, but I suppose I just don't see all the excitement others have in him as a character.

And while I'm here, and you kind of asked... as long as you're making good posts, I see absolutely no problem in posting multiple new threads! :)

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I don't know if he would show up. From what I know of ST so far, it might seem a bit forced to include him as a major plot element. I suppose he might work as a mini-boss like in OoT, or in a camo like TP, but really I think WW's style doesn't really lend itself to having a dark shadowy side of Link present.

I know he made an appearance in the FS titles, which according to the box art was the same WW style, but he really didn't fit there in my opinion. He seemed more like the odd "Dark Mario" from Mario Sunshine which I felt was forced and really had no overall point.

Originally, the concept of Dark Link was the manifestation of any corruption Link might've had in him. He had to defeat the shadowy version of himself in order to claim the Triforce of Courage. With the pretty heavy sounding plot about Zelda, I just don't think Dark Link would find time to surface.

I'm sure a lot of other people would like him to show up, but I suppose I just don't see all the excitement others have in him as a character.

And while I'm here, and you kind of asked... as long as you're making good posts, I see absolutely no problem in posting multiple new threads! :)
Actually, "Dark" Link and "Shadow" Link are two different beings, Dark Link is the evil side of Link, while Shadow Link is just a dark copy of Link made by Ganon using the Dark Mirror in FSA.

Anyways though, I like Dark/Shadow Link, and always have, i'd love for him to make an apearence as a major plot character, but that's not possible since Spirit Track's plot is already planned out obviously.

Obviously from my Username, you can see I'm a fan of Dark Link, So I would love to see him make an appearance in a Zelda game in the future. There is however a but here, I would hate to see Nintendo mix Dark Link into Spirit Tracks. This isn't because it would affect the plot or anything, it's because of gameplay.

Personally, seeing as Nintendo only use Dark Link once a while now I would like to see them use him in of the main platform games. I think it would be a waste in terms of fighting him to have him in Spirit Tracks. I don't really like the controls used on the DS and the Wii gives much better fighting options, Not just tapping around to move or hit. I like being able to use Z-Targeting and having to make a strategy, I've never really had to do that on PH, just tapping on the enemy until they are dead.

I wouldn't mind if he did though, it would be good to see him again but I would still be annoyed for a while after I found out that they did. I just think that it would be a waste of suck a great character. I doubt he will though, I don't really have much of a reason, I just doubt he will. Then again though, with what I know about the plot he may be used at any time in the game :hmm:.

I kind of agree with you on some points. With the story in Spirit Tracks (at least what we've heard of it) it's pretty unlikely he'd have a major position in the plot. I would like to see him in a bigger role, but I doubt this will be the game it'll happen in. Actually, if you think about it, the ideal game for that would be the Wii Zelda since it will have realistic, Wii Motion Plus swordplay. Think about that for a minute. ;)

But I do think we may see Dark Link in this game, if only has a mini-boss or, hey, maybe a full dungeon boss. He has yet to appear in any major toon style Zelda game, and since this is Hyrule, it would make sense to see his reappearance.

And hell, I just really like Dark Link and would like to see him again. Especially in toon style, since the Dark Toon Link costume was awesome in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :D

He's definitely a good enough enemy to become a full time boss, but I highly doubt we'll see him as either.

As you guys continually touch on, he's not really great in the story line. Then again, I didn't really expect to see him in the Water Temple in OoT, you'd kind of expect to see a mini water boss like in every other game, and it still throws me off to this day to see him when I enter that room. It's a possibility sure, that Nintendo will just throw him in there randomly, because they tend to do stuff like that, but I don't think it'll happen.

And, I don't think Dark Link has actually made an appearance in any handheld game (not counting remakes), and I don't really want him too. He serves to me as more of a console boss, and should only be played there, in the truly greatest place to fight him, because fighting him with a Stylus Pen is just....no.

Odin

The Dark Prince of Hyrule
He hasn't made appearance in various games. I've seen one of the bosses that's a gaint beetle. Only way to beat it is spiky ball fan it to the beetle and hit their backside. (sorry for the spoiler but it's on the spirit tracks trailer.)

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Well, I don't think Dark Link will make an appearance in the game. Dark link doesn't really fit Spirit Tracks atmosphere, that much. Plus I think we already have enough antagonists in the game. From what I can tell their seems to already be three main antagonists. Chancellor Cole, Mallard the Demon King, and the mysterious blue man that assists Chancellor Cole during the stealing of Zelda's soul. But ya never know, we could see him in the game.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I hope Dark Link will make another appearance in a Zelda game. I've always loved fighting him. I think he is a really cool enemy, especially in OoT, and deserves to be in another Zelda Game.

O

OoT boy11

He better make a apperance. and maybe well.......FYRUS DunDunDunnnnnnnn!!!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Honestly I hope DL makes an appearance in ST because he's just that mysterious. Nintendo might just use ST to give DL a little more depth and shed some light (no pun intended) on him. But sadly I don't think this is very likely because (to my knowledge) he's only appeared in two games so far the most recent of which being released five years ago.

S

SwordFor

Dark Link does not make an appearance, but Shadow Link does as the main boss of the Take 'em all out minigame, but he's really easy

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
I seem to be making a lot of new threads lately, i hope no one minds but anyway. I was wondering if Dark Link will show up at some point in ST, it seems about time that he makes his DS debut plus he only seems to pop up when we are in hyrule.

I love fighting him, and wish nintendo would put a little extra something into Dark Links story, ST could be their chance to do just that. Also it seems appropriate that he should be used again for Spirit Tracks, the title and overall theme of the game would help Dark Link to fit right in.

thoughts?

He was killed in OOT that is why he hasn't been back in any of the important zelda agmes that relate to the story. I wish he would come back he was a pretty big hit for suh a small role. He only existed in the mirror room in the water temple, without a link(not the character) to the other world he cannot pass through to link. He is simply a shadow, but give him a portal..

He was killed in OOT that is why he hasn't been back in any of the important zelda agmes that relate to the story. I wish he would come back he was a pretty big hit for suh a small role. He only existed in the mirror room in the water temple, without a link(not the character) to the other world he cannot pass through to link. He is simply a shadow, but give him a portal..

What about The Adventure of Link? And I could explain why Dark Link was even in the Water Temple to begin with, but I believe I already covered that in another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom