• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WiiU HD Zelda - E3 2011

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'm sure people noticed the short clip about Link fighting a giant spider (Armogohma?) during the WiiU trailer.

[video=youtube;eniBUtc4Uws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eniBUtc4Uws[/video]

The Zelda part starts at 4:06. It looks like a Twilight Princess sequel! Thoughts? :)

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I don't think that its a TP sequel. As much as I want to see one, I'm not 100% sure if it'll happen. In fact, it may not be an actual game at all.

However, I hope they use the same graphics, because they look really good. And this comes from someone who doesnt care what the graphics look like at all.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Personally to me it looks like a demo of the actual Twilight Princess game, just tuned up a little. The fairy that briefly flew around looks similar to what was actually used in SSBB.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I don't expect to hear much more from this. For now. I don't see Zelda being a starter game, as they've been making Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword. As for what it is, I have no idea.

I think there are a few possibilities. Maybe this really is a new Zelda project for WiiU. But it is more likely this was just a tech demo. But a HD Zelda looks awesome.
Well, it is common for Nintendo to show a Zelda game. And there is one particularly reason for Nintendo: The Hype.
It's a big secret. But there will be a HD Zelda definitely. But I think, we have to wait a few years more ;)

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Alright, I need to make a certain point about this. While I am ecstatic about what they showed (yes I screamed a lot), I don't think people should start making assumptions.

Anyone remember this?

[video=youtube;RIa79bTDuV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIa79bTDuV4[/video]

I think you might understand what I'm going to say. Nintendo made claims multiple times during their presentation that what they were showing was only a showcase of what it could do, not specific games.

Seriously, we might get WW HD at next year's E3 or something...I think we should hold our horses on this so this doesn't turn into another Spaceworld 2000 situation.

Though as Unlucky Monkey has mentioned, I definitely think there's a lot of potential coming at some point in the future~ ^^

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Ahaha, you guys are right. XD They didn't show gameplay or anything, so it was probably just a demo.

...Buuut... It could still happen. ;D

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
@Sarianae

You're absolutely right. The Wind Waker was the perfect example you mentioned.

But anyway. Take a close look at Links face. He looks so cool. With cool, I mean his facial expression. So mature. He looks like someone who really knows what to do. His premature expressions seems to be gone. I need a high resolution picture of that scene when his face is shown.

I really really hope they don't hit us with another SpaceWorld 2000 fiasco. I really liked the end result (WW), but it left me with that feeling of what could have been. *deep sigh*

At any rate, I hope this is the early stage of a new HD Zelda game in the works for WiiU. Albeit probably 2 to 3 years (or more) before we can actually play it; heck or even LOOK at it :/.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Who knows, Nintendo tried to maintain that OoT3D was just a tech demo, look at what they've done now! I'm not saying this is TP HD as the boss room looked nothing like it does in the TP of today, but it could be yet another Zelda title who's name we don't have yet. I'll wait for either GDC or TGS to come along.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Holy crud this is incredible! I'm getting this the day it comes out. But anyway, about the Zelda, it's possible it's a TP sequel, or else it's just something to get gamers excited (like we're doing right now :P) or it could be a totally different Zelda game, not just a TP sequel.

Either way it'll BLOW OUR MINDS!!!

While it has exquisite graphics that quite literally gave me goosebumps, I'm almost positive that it is a Twilight Princess re-imaging strictly for demo purposes.

Nintendo recently posted an image on their facebook page that supports this.

When enlarged, the image of the inventory looks like this.
WiiUinventory.png

I took the time to point out what some of the fuzzy images resembled. There were only a few i could not identify. Any thoughts?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
While it has exquisite graphics that quite literally gave me goosebumps, I'm almost positive that it is a Twilight Princess re-imaging strictly for demo purposes.

Nintendo recently posted an image on their facebook page that supports this.

When enlarged, the image of the inventory looks like this.
WiiUinventory.png

I took the time to point out what some of the fuzzy images resembled. There were only a few i could not identify. Any thoughts?

Twilight-Princess-WiiU-2.jpg

:) So perhaps it's a re-imagining of Twilight Princess...

Oh my god I love you :)

I guess I was wrong about it being the Hawkeye, but hey, I was close. Thanks for blowing the image up.

hm, this brings up the possible cance of Skyward Sword possibly coming out for the Wii U (which is just about the most uncreative name for another console i've ever heard, even less creative than the Super Nintendo) cause when the Wii was coming out they announced TP and that ended up coming out on both the Wii and Gamecube, so i could dfinately see the same thing happening with Skyward Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom