• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is easier: Minish Cap or Phantom Hourglass?

Is Phantom Hourglass easier than Minish Cap, or visa versa?

• Phantom Hourglass was easier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minish Cap was easier

• Niether, they were both the same

• I don't know, I haven't finished both of them

• Total voters
K

Kele

I say Phantom hourglass.
It's a short game, has only a few dungeons
because of it's new gameplay style.
Minish cap has dungeon where is possible to
get stuck.
It has many things to collect like pieces of heart.
Ph has full heart containers.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ok, PH was WAY WAY easier than MC, here are some reasons,

1. The boss Battles on MC were challenging, like the Giant Octorok in the Temple of Droplets, the ones of PH however were predictable, like the boss battle on Dongorongo, it was totally predictable. Why are they predictable? Because the weaknesses of the Bosses in PH were well....Obvious!

2. Collecting the figurines in MC was a challenge, collecting Spirit Gems were a walk in the park.

3. Vaati in MC was very challenging and very exciting, the battle with Bellum however, well too obvious, The eye is always the weakness. (Seen it's weakness before i even figure how to hit it.)

i stand by my post.:)

okay, i just got minish cap 3 days ago so I'm not done with it. however, i already know that it is much harder than PH. the first time i died in MC was at mt. crenal. in PH i didn't die untill the dongorongo battle. also, the first time i got stuck in MC was deepwood shrine. i didn't get stuck in PH untill the part where you had to close your DS. so ya, no contest

Q

quillmert

Phantom Hourglass was a short and pretty straightforward game. You were never confused about where to go, the dungeons felt very linear to me, there wasn't a lot of difficulty in collecting heart containers/spirit gems/ship parts, and the boss battles, especially the last one, felt like pushovers. Granted, Minish Cap wasn't an extraordinary challenge either, but it was definitely much more challenging than phantom hourglass.

For me PH seems more child orientated, considering there are only heart containers, and with all the slapstick comedy. It just seems more childish.

While Minish Cap seemed like a proper Zelda, though it was a handheld, it was like playing a proper Zelda game. I've started playing Minish Cap again last night, and it seems more serious than PH.

Z

zeldim

I'd say PH, because it's just obvious where to go. I just completed MC and it's way harder than PH

I didn't get stuck or die even once on my first playthrough of Phantom Hourglass .. The Minish Cap I think I got stuck at least few times and maybe even died. So yeah, The Minish Cap is harder one. Not saying it's the better one, though.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Phantom Hourglass=difficulty disgrace. It was just so flippin easy! I never once died (unlike in Minish Cap when I died a few times), the puzzles were so easy (in fact they shouldn't have been called puzzles [Minish Cap on the other hand had some rather difficult puzzles in the Temple of Droplets, and the Palace of Winds]), and finally the bosses in Phantom Hourglass were just way too easy! They don't even deserve to be called bosses. Whereas the bosses of Minish Cap were much harder (not to mention harder to figure out) to kill. In fact I died a few times on the Big Octo, the Big Green Chu almost killed me once, the Big Blue Chu almost killed me too, Mazaal almost killed me once, the Darknuts are really tricky- whuzzat? Oh sorry about my little rant.

R

rnddim

I find MC easier, simply because the Temple of the Ocean King in PH is very annoying. I found MC quite simple, especially the bosses (not Vaati, of course).

S

spirittracks

I say phantom hourglass, the minish cap is very easy didn't die once. But the Phantom hourglass, well the Temple Of The Ocean King was as hard as $h!t.and the final boss was hard

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I think that I'd have to say that PH was easier when compared with MC. I mean PH did have some difficulty in it with repetitiveness of the Temple of the Ocean King and how it gets a bit harder the further you get in there, but other than that, I couldn't really see any other kind of difficulty that was present in the game.

Now MC had more difficulty in it other than what PH had with that I had trouble figuring out certain puzzles in the game and that most of the bosses in it gave me a hard time when I was trying to beat them.

Thus in the end, like I stated before, PH is the easiest of the two.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
PH was easier because the quest and bosses were easier. The hardest boss was the Temple of the Ocean King. I cleared all of the bosses in PH without losing any health. I couldn't clear the Big Green Chu-Chu without losing health.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
Minish Cap was way easier than PH/whatever else.

I can beat it in one day as opposed to PH, a week.

Minish Cap had more of user-friendly feeling, while PH was the more of "ok, ready for a challenge?" game. To me, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom