• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Nintendo Do for 25 Years of Zelda.

Kazumi

chagy
I highly doubt that anything special is going to be done for Zelda's 25th anniversary. It's just not as popular as Zelda, and even though it sells moderately, the majority of people don't know what Zelda is or what it's about compared to Mario. I think at most Nintendo will release some kind of poster or something on Club Nintendo. I highly doubt there will be any kind of special Wii, DS, or collection. Never mind a big party like they are doing for Mario. I could be wrong though.

If Nintendo did do something for it, I could see them doing a Skyward Sword and Wii bundle. Maybe gold or green or something, with a Triforce. I believe they have done super special edition GBA and Wii's in the past before. They could also do a different kind of bundle, possibly with some kind of updated collectors edition, or Master Quest version of something or other. I'm fairy certain that Nintendo released a special colour of GameCube and included the Zelda Collectors Edition as a pack in. There are a number of possibilities, but I just don't think that it is that likely.

One more thing that Nintendo could do is have a big marketing push with Skyward Sword, similar to what they did with Other M, but more along the lines of something like Halo Reach. It would probably be the biggest marketing push that Nintendo would ever make. They could then do a special edition of the game with some kind of soundtrack or special guide or something, or even have a Wii bundle, similar to what Microsoft did with the special edition Halo Reach or Halo 3 Xbox 360's.

To be honest, I don't really see them doing anything big, other than maybe doing what the did with Marios 25th Anniversary, and just creating a new theme for the casing of the Wii and it's controller, and maybe something similar for the DS-i and possibly the 3DS. They'll also just create a new advert like the ones they have released stating that it's the Mario series 25th Anniversary, and having a different game for older games on the newest consoles replayed in celebration, and an attempt to get a little more money.

I'd like to see Nintendo do something a little more than that, but I'm not expecting anything big. I'll be really surprised if they do, considering Mario is (or atleast was) Mr. Nintendo, and Nintendo didn't doing anything that big for that series either.

I think originally Nintendo wanted to release the 3DS with OOT on the 25th anniversary but if that doesn't happen then they will most likely offer some deal with recent zelda games and a green wii packaged together (TP, Crossbow Training, maybe even SS). If they did that with Mario and the red wii, they will do it with Zelda because honestly there are more hardcore zelda fans than mario fans.

What would be cool, would be a re-release of ALttP, OoT, MM, and WW, on a disk with widescreen support, and an official timeline!
They probably won't release the timeline until they are done making Zelda games though, just because they want to fit new entries wherever they please!

Nintnedo could do 5things
1.like Mario All-Stars, release Loz, Aol, Lttp, oot, MM on wii, as well as a booklet on the history, and a soundtrack, but much better then the mario one, like 2 disks, with approx. 10 awesome songs from each game. They could also release a DS all-star with all the handheld titles, minus PH and ST. Imagine, playing Four swords without the nedd to use Link cables.
2. Release Links hat, or Triforce Pendants
3. Release a huge book, containing maps, concept art, stories, inspirations, original concepts and beta elements on each game, with like 10-20 pages per game, or
4.Release the Timeline in a collecters handbook.
5.Release a green wii/3DS

There is a problem, Super Mario All Stars is a re-make, and it's also not on the Virtual Console. Zelda already has all of it's console games on the Virtual Console, and Nintendo never re-made any Zeldas besides A Link to the Past on the GBA, and the OoT for 3DS.

What they could do is release a special Wii with Twilight Princess, and/ or Skyward Sword.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Honestly, I don't really see them doing something big for Zelda. Sure, they're rereleasing SMAS for Mario (with a few extras added on and a super awesome box), a special Wii Bundle, and I think special Wii Remotes. And this is from Nintendo for "Mr. Nintendo" AKA Super Mario.

And Zelda just isn't all that popular. Sure, it sells pretty well and it's one of their more important franchises, but it's nowhere near Mario popularity. You'd think that, since Zelda doesn't exactly have as large a fanbase as Mario, it wouldn't be as celebrated as much.

At the most, I can see something really minor like Zelda themed Wii Motes or maybe a special edition Zelda style Wii for the release of Skyward Sword, but other than that. *shrugs*

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I think they'll release a special collector's DVD of the Legend of Zelda cartoon.

...Kidding. With both Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword being released next year, if they do anything special, it will probably be tied with that. I think it's possible that something may be included with a preorder for either of them or both. Since the most well-known games are on the main console, Skyward Sword would seem the most likely contender...but then again, Ocarina of Time is the classic. As for what might be included, personally, I'd like a book - like a special edition of an official art book that covers all the games. I wouldn't say no to new art (or at least previously unpublished pieces) either.

I do hope they do something, though. Considering the video game industry is still relatively new compared to other media (even movies), it's pretty neat to have a video game series reach 25 years and still be going strong.

well now we know they are doing something i can't find a pic on google images but there doing something. Just what?

I think a collection of zelda games would be released on a wii discjust like mario's.I want to see a remastered version of the first zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom