• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Birthstone?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Sapphire is my birthstone! It matches my eye colour!!! I have always liked it and the fact it comes in so many different shades/colours!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Sapphire is my birthstone! It matches my eye colour!!! I have always liked it and the fact it comes in so many different shades/colours!

I'm pretty much the same, my birthstone is sapphire and my eyes kind of match too :P It's a really pretty stone, it has a natural feel to it.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
My birthstone is emerald, because I was born in May.

The description mentions of youth, which is quite funny because in school I am almost always the youngest in my class. I also love emeralds, because of their green color, which is my favorite.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
My birthday is in April so my birthstone is diamond. Okay, I'm a girly girl, so I love sparkly diamonds (too bad all of mine are fake...) and I love how diamonds come in different hues and shades of colors. I love rainbows and it makes me happy that diamonds aren't always the generic clear color:P

Claire

The Geekette
I was born in October, which means my birthstone is an opal. The alternative to opal is tourmaline, which I would prefer hands down. It isn't necessarily that I do not find opals pretty or the like, but more so because it is weaker compared to a tourmaline. There are plenty of stones that I find pretty, but I would sooner get something that is stronger. For instance, I think iolite is gorgeous, but isn't a particularly strong mineral, though fairly strong compared to others. I find the history of the iolite even more enticing in owning one, as it is regarded as the viking stone, where shaved pieces of iolite would be utilized as a sort of solar filter in the yesteryears while the nords still roamed the seas, using the Sun to navigate. I like paler, more subtle colored stones myself, such as iolite, kunzite, and aquamarine. Purples, pinks, and greens are my favorite colors when it comes to a stone though and with tourmaline, you have essentially an endless variety in color and shade.

Beeker

Wild Card
My birthday is in June, so my birthstones are Pearl, Alexandrite, and Moonstone.
I never actually knew that moonstone was one of them. I knew about Alexandrite being another birthstone though. I gotta admit though, moonstones look very beautiful~

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm pretty much the same, my birthstone is sapphire and my eyes kind of match too :P It's a really pretty stone, it has a natural feel to it.

WAHOO! September buddies!!! I have always wanted a sapphire, but they're way too expensive... The closest I've been to getting one is a plastic bit in a dress-up crown that I thought was real... I was only 2 though.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!

:suspicious: So, wait.. Does this mean I have 2 birthstones? Wow! Well, I'm a November baby, so the type of stone I have is Topaz. I decided to search to see if there was any meaning behind it and this is what I found:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Yellow Topaz is an alternate gemstone for those born in November. It's golden color was believed by the Egyptians to be the glow cast by the sun god Ra. Yellow Topaz ranges in color from a peachy blush to a deep cognac. A gift of this gemstone is said to symbolize friendship and to strengthen one's capacity to give and receive love. [/SIZE][/FONT]

If anybody is interested; this website lists a lot of fun facts about each birthstone. I don't know if the information is correct, but some of the stuff sounded pretty cool. http://www.about-birthstones.com/index.html

My birthstone is Peridot, and supposedly Peridot is associated with the values of fame, dignity, protection, and success.

If that's true, I feel I lucky that this is my birthstone.

I was born in July, so mine's a Ruby, to be honest I've never really been that fond of it, because I rather dislike the color red. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom