• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Temple in OOT

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I found this temple to be quite easy...
the only temple that gave me problems in OoT was the Shadow temple cause of the boss,and even though i passed it on the first try

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I really had no idea about Din's Fire with Dark Link. Heck, I didn't even know the Megaton Hammer was effective against him. What I did was just use simple sword skills to defeat him. I found it rather frustrating though, as it was a stalemate of sword strikes back in forth, until I finally hit him enough times to defeat him.

I thought he was a fun bus though. Personally, I thought the dungeon boss, Morpha, was the worst boss in the whole game. Just no... feeling to the boss, wasn't really scary looking, was so simple, and just nothing that was out of the ordinary. A better boss battle would have given me a better lasting impression, but I think Morpha fell a little short.

N

NoNameC68

I liked the water temple boss personally. Though it could have used a few more devestating attacks.

The water temple is just as bad as the one in Twilight Princess (me and my step brother just defeated the frog boss and we had to go to bed) and when we got back on we were lost for hours untill we finally realised we went to every room open to us but the one where we killed the giant frog. After that it was smooth sailing.

Anyways the Water Temple in OoT is just about the same. It can be fairly challengind but if you spend all your time getting through it at once you should get through just fine. If you beat half the temple then save and leave and come back later, you lose track of what you needed to do next and were to go.

it wasnt that hard but the big problem was for me was the little box in the floor were u get the longshot i never thought anything would be there so i end up doing everything check every place it took me days to find it

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I think it is hard. And my least favorite dungeon in the game, but I have always hated water dungeons :mad:

Seriously, in my opinion all water temples are some of the worst in the game. Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, Great Bay in Majora's Mask, Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess, and even like Mermai's Cave or Jabu-Jabu's belly in Oracle of Ages. They are always some of the toughest and most agravating dungeons in the game.

The water temple is just as bad as the one in Twilight Princess (me and my step brother just defeated the frog boss and we had to go to bed) and when we got back on we were lost for hours untill we finally realised we went to every room open to us but the one where we killed the giant frog. After that it was smooth sailing.

While I too was not a big fan of Lakebed, it didn't have the annoying changing water levels like the Water Temple had. Sure you need to make water flow in dirctions but it was straight forward, never having to do it and than reverse it like the Water Temple, Raise, Raise, Lower, Raise, etc... with the Water levels. That was annoying.

Chris

It has been awhile...
It honestly wasn't the hardest temple.

I have seen way harder temples in my life, and they include the Shadow Temple, and the Great bay temple (MM). This temple just had a good maze to it, thats all.

So, it really wasn't that hard and I don't know why people say otherwise.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
It honestly wasn't the hardest temple.
So, it really wasn't that hard and I don't know why people say otherwise.

I think it's the keys that give people the most trouble. A lot of times you miss one of the keys and end up searching the whole temple again until you find it. It has happened to me before. But it wasn't a very hard temple Imo either.

Seriously, in my opinion all water temples are some of the worst in the game. Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, Great Bay in Majora's Mask, Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess, and even like Mermai's Cave or Jabu-Jabu's belly in Oracle of Ages. They are always some of the toughest and most agravating dungeons in the game.

You know, I actually kind of like the Water temples because they're so difficult. I like a good challenge, and the Water temples also have some innovative systems. Like, in MM, the pipe system, or in TP controlling the flow of the water. It all has to do with water level and flow and things, but it's still neat.

Claire

The Geekette
The worst thing for me in the Water Temple was adjusting the water levels, finding the correct door in the process - without getting confused. It was almost like getting off a ride, you just don't seem to function properly after - and that is how I felt while doing it, as though I was dizzy. After doing it the first time, that feeling goes away - but I suppose while playing it early in the morning adds onto this problem. In general, I think the water incorporated into the temple was what caused more confusion for me.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Stone Tower Temple is way harder than Water Temple, wich makes it much funnier... For me it wasn't that hard, I loved the water temple, except for it's boss.. morpha was too easy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom