• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Temple in OOT

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
It is probably the easiest temple in OoT to miss something in. I know there is a block that has to be pushed that if not pushed can seriously cause backtracking problems for most people as they try to figure out where to go to get to that block.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I think the only thing that gave me trouble was finding the last key, but it wasn't too hard. It was a lot easier than the Forest Temple. That one always gives me trouble for some reason. :hmm:

As Chris said, that was my main problem with it. I didn't push this one block in, so I didn't get one of the keys I needed (maybe the last one, I don't know), took me a while to actually find it, I spent hours going through the whole dungeon trying to find this last key. And I seriously would bet you that I would make the same mistake again.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I got a quick question for you all. There is always talk about the one 'missing key' that everybody seems to miss... Is this actually the same key at all that we are all referring too? I do not remember the temple vividly so I'll try to explain as best as I can.

I remember one part where I was on the third floor of a room and there was a hole in the center of the room that led to the second and first floor. On the third floor you can play the song on the Ocarina to lower the water to the first floor. I'd do that, but as the water was lowering, I'd hug against one of the walls and catch onto a ledge, so that I'm actually on the second floor. From there I either opened a treasure chest... or bombed a wall that led to a treasure chest with the small key. (I don't remember exactly). I never really did find out if there was another way of getting this small key, but that is what I always did.

The other key that I can think of, is the one at the bottom of the central room. There was the tower like thing in the middle of the large circular room within the temple. At the very bottom of this tower, there was a small block. I think the first time you go into this tower, the water level is at the bottom, so the block covers a hole. However, the second time you enter this area, the water level has raised. You then need to use the iron boots to sink through that hole, which leads to another small key I believe.

Am I right with these two small keys? If I recall, these were the two 'tough' ones, but perhaps I'm just talking jibberesh and don't recall them. Either way, I thought they were hard (and I forgot if you got the Dungeon Map and Compass already at this point). If you did already get them, I have no problem with hard to reach treasure chests since the map/compass should guide you in that direction. If you didn't get the map/compass, perhaps they should have just allowed Link to find those before hand.

Well, the "missing key" that I remember having trouble with was the second one you talked about, I think. I don't vividly remember the water temple either (maybe I have "selective memory" or something :D) but I seem to remember having to get an extra key, and finally finding one there.

Well, I don't think that it was either of those keys, I know it was one in the central room, but I can't quite remember what it was.

G

Glided Sword

I didn't find the water temple hard but it was annoying having to always change the water levels, swim from level-to-level, remove and put the iron boots on. The only thing worth it in the temple is the Longshot, in my opinion.

Kybyrian

Always nice to find a thread you're interested in that you haven't posted in.

Anyway, I really hated the Water Temple. It was pretty confusing, plus we have the fact you can literally screw your game and have to start all over just by using a key in the wrong place. Maybe they should have went over the game more before releasing it.

And the water level rising and falling was so annoying.

W

Wareya

Indeed, the water level was annoying. But other than that, I had to go through every door about 10 times before I figured out about the hole under the floating platform in the center. XD

Wonder why it's so easy to glitch that dungeon?

Kybyrian

They probably just took so much time on it, and being such a confusing dungeon, couldn't really figure out everything, so they couldn't fix everything, like the way you can get stuck by using a key in the wrong place.

Kybyrian

Yes, you fight Dark Link there. Or at least that's how I remember it. It's somewhere near to a place in the dungeon past a Like-Like or two if I remember correctly. I haven't played it in a while.

Oh and when you do get there, Din's Fire is a good thing to use.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
The only reason why the Water Temple is hard is because the map makes no sense AT ALL and theres a key that everyone always seems to miss.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Always nice to find a thread you're interested in that you haven't posted in.

Anyway, I really hated the Water Temple. It was pretty confusing, plus we have the fact you can literally screw your game and have to start all over just by using a key in the wrong place. Maybe they should have went over the game more before releasing it.

And the water level rising and falling was so annoying.

I'm pretty sure that you can always access another key no matter where you have used the others. I've never had a problem with that before. Are you sure that you didn't just miss one of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom