• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Spinner!

P

PwaPwa

I liked the spinner only when you got to ride it. The thing I don't like about it is the fact you can't just ride it around Hyrule Field. Imagine how awesome that would be.

The description of the Spinner was a little misleading when I had first heard about it. Though a buddy of mine had the game before me so it might have been his description that through me off. The whole "hovering above the ground" aspect of it really threw me off. I wasn't expecting that I would have to use a spinner track to do so.

It was definitely a good piece of new equipment oriented into the new puzzles. Definitely helped Twilight Princess become less generic.

L

linksfuturewife

i really loved the fact that you could ride the rails. it was by far the best item in the game.

of course, not counting the dominion rod, I LIKE HAVIN MY OWN PET ROCK!!!!!

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I thought that the spinner was the best item ever also. I wouldn't say it needed to be used more though. I just thought it was awesome, it was used enough, and that it was a very unique design for an item.

I also loved how it was used to defeat Stallord. It was very fun!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I liked the Spinner but not more than Ball and Chain :D It was very easy to defeat Stallord and the only thing was to avoid the enemy Spinners but that was just a question of timing the jumps.

Tom

The Spinner was a really good idea, however I believe it should have been used in other ways, more often. After the Arbiter Grounds, the Spinner turned out to be an useless item, and even when riding it on the sand it didn't look useful at all. It should at least spin more times, for its main function is to take you to places you can't go by foot. But what's the point on riding something that will eventually freeze and stop working? Link should be able to manually spin it.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Haha oh man when I first found the spinner I thought Link had found his own Beyblade! it was awesome. Then i found out that he rides it and i thought that was pretty cool. it's definitely one of the more unique and original items I have seen in the series in a while. Although the spinner could have been used more outside the Aribters Grounds but sadly I did't feel the need to pull it back out too many times after I beat that dungeon. Sure there were a few other spots where you had to use it but not enough to make the Spinner feel like one of the fam, ya know? I hope it doesn't make a return but I would like to see new items like the spinner, I just don't know what those new items would be...

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
The spinner was neat idea-wise, but it was pretty useless. All the time spent spinning around Arbiter's Grounds could have been spent solving interesting puzzles or fighting more minibosses. It was pretty silly to watch, too. Link looked like a moron.... squatting to make it spin... *facepalm* I give them props for trying to implement a new item and a new form of puzzle, but they didn't go far enough. Once your got out of Arbiter's Grounds, there was even less of a need to use the item. Kind of a waste of space. :/

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I didn't view the spinner so much as a weapon (even though we used it as such for the boss fight) and more as a new way to get to different levels. As such I really liked it. Plus, it was fun to go spinning here, there, and everywhere.

I don't think it needed to be used a lot, but it would have been nice to have something in the overworld that it was useful for besides heart pieces. Perhaps a a hidden cave around Hyrule that relied mostly on spinner puzzles. And it could have a clock-work type room where you had to figure out which combination of gears to shift.

I suspect it will be TP exclusive, but perhaps if it ever returns it can live up to its potential.

eponafan

Midna fan also
Haha oh man when I first found the spinner I thought Link had found his own Beyblade!

On one topic, they said that the spinner was to advance, but I merely thought: " So what? Hyrule had Beyblades!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm going to do my best to try not to repeat what everyone else said. The spinner was fun but you didn't get much use of it outside of the Arbiter Grounds. How was that?

Seriously though, the spinner made me think on a more creative level than I thought I would find in Zelda. Like Axel said, this isn't an item I expected to see in Zelda. But after handling it, it quickly became one of my favorites. The boomerang, bow, and hookshot will always have a place in my heart, but their gonna have to make room.

I see the spinner going farther and farther if they decide to bring it back. It will most likely be upgraded like riding Epona was, to the point where it is not only as necessary as Epona, but you can use weapons on it like you can her.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I was very disappointed with the spinner. I was so anxious to use it and once you have it, there is no where to use it. It would of been great if you could ride it around like epona. And there were only about 2 or 3 places outside Arbiters Ground was where you could use the spinner.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I LOVE the spinner itself, but I HATE its restricted use. You can only use it at its full potential on a wall, and there aren't very many of those.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i feel it was cool, but as soon as you beat stallord it's useless. you only use it for those gear things in the ground and on that one track to get that peice of heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom