• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stalfos Ribs Break Off

Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MkDW5Eg6FQ

At 3:22, you can clearly the Stalfos' ribs break off inside him. That's not exactly violent blood gushing stuff ,but it concludes that Skyward Sword is not as tame of a game as the graphics would make it out to be. That's probably one of the more violent things I've seen in a Zelda game including Twilight Princess.

Plus it's interesting to see little details like this in the game. I'm excited what other little details they throw in.

What do you think?

Wow, that happened so fast that I had to watch it three times for a good look. Good eye. I think the graphics actualy do capture the darkness and the lightness of the game. Just because TP looks more realistic, does not mean it is soposed to be the most close to M-rated game. For all we know, they can release a M rated Zelda game in TWW style after ZSS or OoT3D.

Yeah, that's an interesting detail that I hadn't noticed before. Some details I had noticed: when the enemies die, the smoke that comes out of the explosion takes the shape of a skull; exactly at 8:44, in the shown video, the orange deku-baba actually dodges Link's attack.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Good eye! Maybe this game will be less tame than I anticipated. I love the little details they seem to be putting in. Everytime I watch one of these demo videos I see something different. There is one thing that I noticed that I don't like though... Maybe I'm just picking nits, but the AI doesn't seem too bright when it comes to how far enemies can chase you. At around 4:45 that bokoblin seems like he was distracted by a bug or something and then wanders off. The enemies in TP can chase you all the way across the field if I recall.

Kybyrian

lol I watched it in 720p and still can't tell where it is that you're talking about. You must have one heck of a good eye. I think it's little details like this stuff that makes the select few people more appreciative of games. I'd love to see more things like this in the game. The little details count to make the better game.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
That is a wonderful little detail, good eye. I don't care what people say about the graphics of the game, if the developers are looking at those kinds of details, that's more than good enough for me. I don't exactly call that particularly violent or anything as it's just a few bones breaking off an animated skeleton, but it's attention to details like that that make games ever more interesting. Things like that make you want to explore and try new tactics and techniques just to see if you can spot something new and cool in the game. I can't wait to see what other little details are added.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
That's is quite something. I hadn't noticed this when I first saw the video, but now that you point it out, it's something I look forward to trying myself. hehe
Not only is it cool, but it's just a fun little extra thing that makes the adventure much more enjoyable. Like Xinn, I can't wait to see what else they may add to the game.

Beeker

Wild Card
That's some pretty neat attention to detail. I love that from what we've seen of this game, there are so many little things to find. It shows the developers are putting lots of effort even in the smaller things.

Watching that whole video in the OP, I saw lots of neat little stuff, like the ribs falling off, the skull and crossbones in the smoke when enemies are killed, and even the Bokoblin's odd...clothing. Little details like this make the game more fun because you discover new things, which always makes it a great experience.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Wow good eye!That's a pretty good detail that they have added and that shows how much that they are working on with the games detail.I can't wait to see what other details they have added to the game,stuff like this always make the game more enjoyable.

Steve

5/19/13
That is really cool, and it makes me wonder if that is the only bone that can fall off of him. It would be really neat if it was a different one at random, adding a bit more realism to it.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I never noticed that before! It's the small things like this or the skulls in the enemy remains or even how TP's temple doors have dirt fall from them that add a lot more to the game than it seems. I hope to see lots of more details that could improve the game. :)

Haha, thanks for the good eye comments ;)
Anyways, ya I'm excited to see that they are pushing themselves in detail. As for the AI for the Bokoblins walking away, they look... not very intelligent. Perhaps they made those certain enemies with bad AI on purpose. I'm sure the Stalfos would follow you until someone died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom