• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mythbusters: What Do You Think of Them?

What do you think of Mythbusters?

• Busted! Hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plausible! Kinda like it.

• Confirmed! Love it!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so with the season premiere of one of my favorite tv shows last week I got thinking: what do my fellow ZD members think of the Mythbusters? Now for those of you who don't know Mythbusters is a science based reality tv showin which a team of scientists put various urban myths and such to the test and deem them busted (can't happen), Plausible (might happen might not happen), or Confirmed (can happen if the right circumstances aree met). It's really funny and often includes jokes on the part of the Mythbusters (the scientists that test the myths). It also has a lot of stuff that's fun to watch like explosions and trust me it's funny. Here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuIdAIzXAxU

Entertaining isn't it? And on top of that it has actual educational value too. You can see it on the discovery channel and currently they pump out a new episode every Wednesday at 9:00 PM. What do you think of it? 'It's exactly like the smaller one but bigger!' XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD!!!! Yeah but it isn't just Adam Savage and Jamie. There are other mythbusters. They're all introduced in the show's intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZmc9o3Kdww

Also they tend to tackle different myths at different times. Here's a clip of the myth they tested last week called 'knock your socks off' and it's one of several idiom myths they've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdTO6wEjpU

Nice isn't it? If you want to see full episodes go to http://www.mythbustersepisodes.com/

Mythbusters is one of my favourite shows!! I love it! The myths themselves are almost always interesting and they sometimes have an unexpected truth (something that looks plausible isn't, and vice versa), plus the show can be absolutely hilarious at times ("Am I missing an eyebrow?", the various drunk tests they have done to name a few).

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I love Mythbusters! But I am not inlove with it eg. I don't own the series or am desperate to see a new episode released tomorrow etc. but I like just watching it when it's on. :)

A

Anthony

I love to watch Mystbusters, but sadly, it's never on TV when i'm around.
They ALWAYS decide to show it when, i'm at school or when i'm out with friends -.-

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Dang it was kinda stupid of me to think that someone here didn't know about the mythbusters.

I'm a longtime fan.

I think my favorite recent episode has been the big Lego ball. That was funny.

A friend sent me this link that pretty much boils down Mythbusters to it's basic form.

http://graphjam.com/2009/08/27/mythbusters-method/

Heh.

Dang that pegged the mythbusters method perfectly. You use the usual scientific method for testing the myth, add some classic mythbusters merriness, and end it by blowing your test subject up (assuming it's dead/not alive).

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh man Mythbusters is hilarious. It's just stupidly entertaining to watch, I need to catch up on more of the new season xD

My favourite episode is probably the one where they blew that cement mixer to pieces. There was shrapnel and bit of metal hanging from nearby trees, and the mixer was just... gone. xDDDDD (coincidently, it was the first episode I ever saw o_O)
I also love the episode where they tested if buttered toast always lands buttered side down, and they build this huge conveyor belt designed to drop toast xD And of course when they screamed at plant to see if affected their growth, and when Adam and Jamie trained goldfish to swim through hoops to test their memories. (Adam *in resigned voice*: "Mine are eating their own poo...")
If I have time later, I might find video links to some of those... but in answer to your original question- mythbusters ftw.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It's a lot more interesting and wholsome than some of the other shows on TV and while all the real action in the show happens behind a glass window or from a distance, most of what they try to do is still really interesting. I watch it, but at the same time I hate tv (except for a select few shows, Blue Mountain State is one of the shows on that small list) so I don't turn it on to often, it's only when someone else is watching it that i'll take a look at it these days. It's just so polluted with Commercials and garbage shows. But Mythbusters is acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom