• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mythbusters: What Do You Think of Them?

What do you think of Mythbusters?

• Busted! Hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plausible! Kinda like it.

• Confirmed! Love it!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

linkman8

True and Noble
Although this show is hilarious and interesting, I personally think it's a bit more than that. This show represents how scientific study should be conducted, to be honest. I love watching this show, because they're always logical in their experiments, and they test them multiple times against control tests to find a conclusion. There's your scientific method right there, put in a fun way.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I loved that show. It was entertaining, exciting, explosive, Hilarious and educational(sort of). Some of the myths they have busted, proved confirmed and plausible are done perfectly, Though sometimes they do some myths and test them the wrong way, I tend to send feedback on them. They do things scientifically and logically and even state some hypothesis about what will happen based from the usage of a myth or just plain guess for the heck of it. I love explosions in the show, that's a way to end, With a BIG Bang of flames rising up and then what's left of the explodee.

One of my favorite episodes are the Vodka Myths, Cowboy myths or anything that involves blowing buster up to bits or anything that explodes and causes mass LOLs or educating results, like you could escape from jail by the use of sheets, or hair.

octorok74

TETTAC
I love watching the Mythbusters. I love how they do small scale tests, but when they go full scale the complete opposite result happens. The one myth I didn't like them doing was the Hindenburg myth. I am very sensitive when it comes to the Hindenburg and having them try to answer how it burned so fast angered me a little. Other then that, they are awesome.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, I never could enjoy them that much because I'm a chemistry student, that makes most of the experiment outcomes predictable for me. And even worse, some of them are fake, like the alkaline metal/bathtub of water experiment.

Kybyrian

Mythbusters, eh? I don't watch it often, but I do tend to turn it on whenever I see it and nothing else catches my eye. I think it's a wonderful show, and how they conduct their experiments. They put a lot of thought into it and figure what went wrong and try to improve on it until they get it right, or until they determine that it's busted. I've always enjoyed the show, mainly because I love to see things blow up. Things like shooting propane tanks through solid stone walls and then partway through another one, shooting cannons, duct tape boats, cannons, and everything in-between. I mean, you just can't pass up a cannon made entirely out of duct tape.

Claire

The Geekette
It's a great show with a great crew. They are mindful of their audience and realize that most aren't scientists. Considering that the show is motivated by defeating common myths and superstitions, they do a brilliant job at entertaining their viewers in a way that is both friendly and educational. For years now they've been showing to the general public the truth behind some very old tall tales. In the more recent years, they've been promoting science and skeptical thinking off the show as well. Frequently they visit universities, attend gatherings for skeptics, and participate in podcasts by small societies to throw in additional humanist perspectives that aren't expressed on the show. They're using all sorts of methods to get people interested in science and curious, which I absolutely love.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh boy!! I love great Adam the most!!! He is so funny!!! I do love it when Jamie cheats. Like with the teeth comparisation and of course with the car when he switched numberplates. And I like Kari as well. They have ridiculous myths to busts but they are doing everything whatever they can to show it is busted or confirmed. Mythbusters never fail to amaze me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom